Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 27th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
What are the cards called with the adjusted Point Values? I can't seem to remember it.
After Legacy, it became a community effort and was named Delta: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=46703

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:15 PM

Razqua is surprisingly tart

So I googled it but couldn't find the answer. Can you move through friendly units?
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:26 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqua View Post
So I googled it but couldn't find the answer. Can you move through friendly units?
As long as they aren't engaged with an enemy unit, yes.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:40 PM

Razqua is surprisingly tart

Ahh okay thanks. I know most of the rules but I'm still learning the game. I'm playing with friends on table top simulator until I can start building a physical collection.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 07:43 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Computer Geeks - Would there be a way to create a random terrain requirement generator that would follow BoV Guidelines?

EDIT: Essentially, it would need these instructions:

Give me up to 2 masters sets.
- If 1 master set, give me up to 3 expansions, up to 2 of same expansion
- If 2 master sets, cannot be 2 RotV or 2 SotM, up to 1 expansion

Last edited by Sheep; January 3rd, 2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old January 4th, 2017, 11:07 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Computer Geeks - Would there be a way to create a random terrain requirement generator that would follow BoV Guidelines?

In a web site? Can be done using a server-based scripting language such as PHP or ASP, or using browser-based scripting such as Javascript.

As an smartphone app or a stand-alone PC or Mac program? Yes. But harder.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 4th, 2017, 12:43 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:

In a web site? Can be done using a server-based scripting language such as PHP or ASP, or using browser-based scripting such as Javascript.

As an smartphone app or a stand-alone PC or Mac program? Yes. But harder.

~Z
I think you could do this with a d4 and a d10.

Roll the d4 for your Master Set:

1: RoTV
2: SOTM
3: BftU
4: Marvel

Roll the d10 for your first expansion:

0: None
1: BftU
2: FF
3: FoTA
4: Marvel
5: SOTM
6: TJ
7: TT
8: VW
9: Re-Roll (or None, if you want to give more weight to results with fewer expansions)

Re-roll if you get a double of the master set.

Repeat the d10 roll for your second and third expansion, again re-rolling if you get a double of the master set, or three of the same expansion.

I think that works?
Old January 5th, 2017, 03:41 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Here, this sounded kind of fun so I wrote one for you in C++ (code included for the curious).

The .exe is compiled for Windows (on Windows 10) but anyone with a compliant C++14 compiler should be able to compile it for their platform*. It can also be run online (and the code viewed) here.

EDIT: Also, it's meant to be run from the command line. If you double-click it, it will most likely disappear before you can see the output! I could tweak that later, but for now it should work from the command line.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HSExpansionShuffler.zip (143.5 KB, 6 views)

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; January 5th, 2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: *after adding `#include<iterator>`; apparently that is implicitly included by one of the others on Windows
Old January 6th, 2017, 02:16 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OK, challenge accepted.

Web-based:
http://www.chaosmedia.com/Misc/bov_selector.php

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 6th, 2017, 04:53 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:

Here, this sounded kind of fun so I wrote one for you in C++ (code included for the curious).

The .exe is compiled for Windows (on Windows 10) but anyone with a compliant C++14 compiler should be able to compile it for their platform*. It can also be run online (and the code viewed) here.

EDIT: Also, it's meant to be run from the command line. If you double-click it, it will most likely disappear before you can see the output! I could tweak that later, but for now it should work from the command line.
Quote:
OK, challenge accepted.

Web-based:

~Z
You both are awesome! Thanks!
Old January 6th, 2017, 04:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
OK, challenge accepted.

Web-based:

~Z
You didn't include your code for the curious. "Not good enough: F--."

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; January 6th, 2017 at 05:00 PM. Reason: I'm teasing, of course
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
OK, challenge accepted.

Web-based:

~Z
You didn't include your code for the curious. "Not good enough: F--."
The PHP Code:
http://www.chaosmedia.com/Misc/bov_selector.php.txt

~Z