Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old December 20th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ask the Design Team thread.

I just wanted to know for certain heros, because some are compact and condensed, which lowers their hitzone. It also helps me feel better about using proxies in my own games. I have never like the feelind that maybe if I had the real fig there the outcome would be different.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you for the responses to our questions. I really like the way this thread is going and I'm sure there are a number of us who appreciate that the team is taking the time to respond to our questions.

Q: I mentioned earlier that a number of the new abilities introduced to Heroscape with this new set share their namesake with D&D terms. However, Heroscape is well known for it's thematic abilities. For example Pelloth's power Loths Wrath is a great illustration of why minions know better than to argue with their boss, and also represents how the bad guy is willing to sacrifice anything to acheive his goals. Can you explain the "proccess" the team uses to create such cool powers? Or at you meetings, is it normal to attack the latest arrival by hurling clouds of deadly spiders at him when he shows up too late?

Last edited by Darkmage7a; December 20th, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know this thread looks rather dead butI figure it couldn't hurt to try. Sorry for the double post but I don't think the change would've been noticed if I didn't make a new entry.

Q:Who determined the number and type of terrain included in the new set? Is that part of the design teams responsibility or is that out of your hands so to speak?

PS: I really like the variety in the set, it may have fewer tiles but it has a lot of flexability.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That was WOTC.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 23rd, 2009, 05:42 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Q1: When creating new figures, How do you go about selecting which general they truly belong to? (Q2) Does the general's current figure count factor into the decision at all?

Q3: How often do older units come up in the discussion for new unit abilities?

Thank you!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Q: In the commercials, the kids always hug Glow-Worm and note, "Glow-Worm, I love you!" Why is that? Do the kids REALLY love Glow-Worms? Do they realize that glow-worms are actually slimy little INSECT larvae, not worms at all, that hatch and immediately start eating other little bugs, almost a form of cannibalism? I mean, do we really want our kids worshipping cannibals? Cows, maybe. Invisible omnipotent forces, surely. Cannibals? Not so much. So, why do we, as a society, allow such cannibalism-worship?

The REAL Glow-Worm:

The Fake-Ass Glow-Worm:

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for taking our questions, designers. Here's my question:

Q: Is there a chance that anyone on your design team actually understood this question? Is it actually a question? Because it looks a lot like a disjointed, incomplete sentence fragment written by a guy trying to post from his cell phone while he was driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
I just wanted to know for certain heros, because some are compact and condensed, which lowers their hitzone. It also helps me feel better about using proxies in my own games. I have never like the feelind that maybe if I had the real fig there the outcome would be different.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:33 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
Thanks for taking our questions, designers. Here's my question:

Q: Is there a chance that anyone on your design team actually understood this question? Is it actually a question? Because it looks a lot like a disjointed, incomplete sentence fragment written by a disabled guy trying to post from his subway grate while he was smoking crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
Fixed that for you.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:54 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How closely will the Treasure glyphs mirror their D&D magic item counterparts? Are there plans to do consumable Treasure glyphs like wands, or scrolls?

Last edited by Velenne; December 23rd, 2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot... reedeeng ftw!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
How closely will the Treasure glyphs mirror their D&D magic item counterparts? Are there plans to do consumable Treasure glyphs like potions, wands, or scrolls?
You mean like this:

Potion of Healing: This figure may drink this potion after revealing an order marker on its Army Card. Remove up to 3 wound markers from that figure’s Army Card
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:59 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Q: How much freedom did the design team have to interpret units for the D&D sets? For example, the races of the master set figures seem like exact translations from the D&D minis (Eladrin vs. Elf Wizard), and in the case of the Feral Troll, someone mentioned the name is straight from the D&D mini.

I'm most interested in ability selection. D&D units generally appear to have a laundry list of abilities compared to Heroscape units, and I'm wondering if the design team got to pick the abilities for the translated units or if WOTC did.

Hope this question makes sense.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 07:09 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Q: When designing the characters for a new set such as MS3, how many different figures did you guys start with before you decided on the ones that made it into the set? How many were scrapped due to various reasons? Was there a favorite of anyone's that didn't make the cut?

Thanks guys...counting down the days until release

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion