Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 5th, 2020, 07:22 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

Hah, I feel the opposite. (About playing the design, the original Superior arc is the best)

I want the option to play with with the spider-gang. If you don't want to for thematic reasons, you don't have to. It's like Terry Batman running with Dick Robin, except that Spider-Ock HAS actually ran and interacted with Peter in comics.

Normally I'm good with picking the "iconic" moments of a character, like KGBeast being awesome instead of super lame, but in this case that extra bit of theme just completely locks him out of thematic armies. If this was a "Pick one character" style of game, like Marvel Champions or something, sure say you can't have Ock with Pete. But in a skirmish game like this where you build armies, I want him in a Spider army.
Old March 6th, 2020, 12:55 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Which is exactly why my first post mentioned scenarios. In the first arc of Superior, Ock was most definitely in Pete's body, because Pete was stuck in his, @Lord Pyre . And while a lot of his most recent interactions involve Otto-Pete meeting Spidey-Pete, every one involves dimensional portals or time travel. Spidey-Pete and Spidey-Otto have not standardly coexisted in 616, unless it's happened since Battleworld (which IMO is a DC-styled blunder by Marvel that was a lame reboot and just a money grab. Between this and New 52/Rebirth, it's why I stopped reading comics.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 6th, 2020, 01:37 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah he has a cloned body of Peter. Goes by the name of Eilliot something. Ran around as Superior Octopus for a few issues then back to Spidey.
Old March 6th, 2020, 08:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Still time to get into Judge Dredd, Spidey.
40 years, one continuous story. No reboots (in 2000AD, I think IDW has taken some liberties).
Old March 6th, 2020, 10:26 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Still time to get into Judge Dredd, Spidey.
40 years, one continuous story. No reboots (in 2000AD, I think IDW has taken some liberties).
That's why I read mostly Indy! Also if a story feels like it needs to end, they can end it without overstaying it's welcome, and not have the big business side of it bring it back just to cash in (Like Invincible! I was going to say Walking Dead too, but everything NOT a comic has totally cashed in )

Savage Dragon is still going for like 25+ years I think? All continuous. It's pretty good, aside from Larsen not knowing what a real human woman is.
Old March 6th, 2020, 10:37 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Does time progress in Savage Dragon?
A year passes for Dredd the same as a year passes for us. Dredd is getting quite old.
Old March 6th, 2020, 11:07 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Does time progress in Savage Dragon?
A year passes for Dredd the same as a year passes for us. Dredd is getting quite old.
Yes he progresses in real time, also! Seems to be a lot of parallels between those two books!
Old March 6th, 2020, 11:52 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

NAME = INVISIBLE WOMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = SUSAN RICHARDS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = PROTECTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

FORCE FIELD INVISIBILITY
Start the game with two white Bubble Markers on this card. While there is at least one Bubble Marker on this card, Invisible Woman can move through all figures, is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight. At the end of the round, return all of Invisible Woman's Bubble Markers that are not on an Army Card to this card.

PROTECTIVE BUBBLES
Before attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and place a Bubble Marker from this card onto its card. Whenever Invisible Woman or a figure you control would receive any number of wounds, you may remove any number of her Bubble Markers from that figure's card. For each Bubble Marker removed, ignore 1 wound. If a figure with one of your Bubble Markers on its card is destroyed, remove that Bubble Marker from that figure's card.

PROTECTIVE INSTINCT 3
Invisible Woman adds 1 to her Attack number for every other figure you control engaged with the defending figure, to a maximum of +3.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
That's a lot of Protective.

I'm actually pretty happy with that as a draft for a more "active" Invisible Woman. No clue if it would play well though. Made a few small edits here and there, such as removing the range restriction on preventing wounds (Malice doesn't have one) and allowing her to choose how many markers she removes (because it would suck to lose all the markers on her own card in one attack).
Missed the original convo but wanted to say I’m digging he direction.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 6th, 2020, 11:54 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Has Hulk ever really lead the Avengers?
It feels like there’s a real schism on if Avengers versions need to be leaders or not. My argument is that Hulk, while he’s not really a leadership type, brings a unique mechanic to the team that deserves to be represented on a card. I very much have a conception of what Avengers Hulk is, and it seems like a bummer to totally shut down that version because we arbitrarily decided all Avengers Markers versions have to have been appointed a leader at some point.
I don’t see them all needing to be leader types. I’ve seen great drafts of both Thor and Spider-man handing out a single marker that I quite enjoyed.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 7th, 2020, 01:47 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = OTTO OCTAVIUS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SUPERIOR SENSES 10
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 1 from the roll for each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, or 5 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 10 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web Swing 2 special power.

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Add 1 to Spider-Man's Attack number for each figure he is engaged with. After Spider-Man attacks a figure within 2 spaces whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than his height or 4 levels lower than his base, if he did not roll any blanks, he may attack again. Spider-Man may not attack more than four times in one turn.

WEB SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may use his Web Swing. Web Swing has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Spider-Man's Web Swing movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Web Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Web Swing. If Spider-Man is engaged when he starts to Web Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Swing 2, you may use it two additional times.

SUPER STRENGTH
I'll take the complete silence about my suggested change as resounding support on all fronts. That leaves us with this.

I cut the SI line for now. I know it's not really resolved but we can hash that out if he wins.

Last edited by MrNobody; March 7th, 2020 at 02:17 AM.
Old March 7th, 2020, 02:12 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looks like a fun one. I've been meaning to read that whole arc.
Old March 7th, 2020, 11:26 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Didn't Superiority Complex used to have some kind of a downside? I always liked that part, showing that he has some blatant weaknesses that make him a less effective Spider-Man than Peter. I guess the -1 to his Senses is a factor there, but since you may well be killing everyone after engaging them, it doesn't feel as immediately consequential. I guess it does punish your screw-ups at least...

I'm torn on Swing Line vs. Web Swing. Web Swing is usually reserved for Peter himself as an expert in web-slinging, but I guess Otto-in-Peter's body should theoretically be just as good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy