Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old June 28th, 2023, 11:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hawkmen of Thanagar

Hawkmen of Thanagar

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = HAWKMEN OF THANAGAR
IDENTITY = NA

UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD (2)
SPECIES = THANAGARIAN
CLASS = OFFICER
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 100

BIRDS OF A FEATHER
After an ordered activation with a Thanagarian Hero, if it attacked an enemy but did not inflict any wounds, you may activate the Hawkmen of Thanagar.

THANAGARIAN BATTLE MANEUVER
After activating the Hawkmen of Thanagar, you may maneuver a Thanagarian ally up to 4 spaces with Stealth.

NTH METAL MACE
Figures with Magical Affinity or the Undead keyword have -1 Defense against Hawkmen of Thanagar's normal attack.

FACTION =
PUBLISHER = DC
KEYWORDS =
SYMBOLS = FLYING, SUPER STRENGTH
SPRING 2024 - ANNIVERSARY: The most honored position in law enforcement on the planet of Thanagar is to be a Hawkman. With specialized Nth Metal weaponry and a reputation of being a bit heavy handed, the Hawkmen are revered by all and demand the utmost respect.

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: The Joker's Wild #006 / Thanagarian
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: Griffin
  • Card art: japes
  • Comic creators: ...
Updates
  • N/A

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by IAmBatman; April 10th, 2024 at 09:47 PM.
Old June 28th, 2023, 11:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Hawkmen of Thanagar - Prliminary Discussion

No changes intended.
Except class changed from lawman to officers to match on deck Hawks

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; June 29th, 2023 at 12:37 AM.
Old June 29th, 2023, 12:37 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have always liked the Hawkmen. Not sure if they can hold up to the new 1000 point meta of 2.0, but they've always been the basis of a solid army in 1.0. Hawkmen x3, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, & Flash was an army I liked to play.
Old June 29th, 2023, 12:41 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Any thoughts on making them Invaders? Not something I'm totally sold on myself, but I figured it was worth tossing out there.
Old June 29th, 2023, 12:50 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I thought they were law enforcement on their planet. Not sure familiar with the back story though. Like why does law enforcement carry weapons that work best vs. undead and magic users? Is every law breaker on their world one or the other?

Side note, I've just been deleting the Identity line when not using it for Transformers.
Old June 29th, 2023, 01:06 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is Hawkwoman an exception to the Hawkmen or are they more Hawk-Police of Thanagar, generally don't know?
I know the best JL episodes and I think the comics have them as militaristic conquering types so I could see either Invader or Officer just based on that.
Old June 29th, 2023, 08:30 AM
A Man of Taste

they do have a storyline where they join up with, I think Doinators, an invade Earth so it's not the worst idea. Though their power are directly tied to Thanagaraian Heroes so they'd likely be an awful pairing in that army anyway unless we expanded their synergy

Old June 29th, 2023, 08:35 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I have always liked the Hawkmen. Not sure if they can hold up to the new 1000 point meta of 2.0, but they've always been the basis of a solid army in 1.0. Hawkmen x3, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, & Flash was an army I liked to play.
So do you think giving them the activation after a Thanagarian without the non wounding restriction would modernizing them a bit and keep them at 100 points?

Quote:
I thought they were law enforcement on their planet. Not sure familiar with the back story though. Like why does law enforcement carry weapons that work best vs. undead and magic users? Is every law breaker on their world one or the other?
I can't confirm this, but I'd assume they had the same weapons as the two Heroes since they came from the same lot.

Quote:
Side note, I've just been deleting the Identity line when not using it for Transformers.
I was deleting it as well until recently. As I was doing art I was noticing there were a lot of folks doing the N/A thing so I just started doing it. Not something I felt was the kind of thing that mattered enough for me to bring up. I'm personally trying to not be so fussed about things that don't actually impact me.

Old June 29th, 2023, 10:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If they need a boost, I might be tempted to give them +1 Move instead just to help them get in the mix more reliably before falling. I don't think they need to have a reliable bonding activation, just because I think most Hawkman/Hawkwoman(girl) builds make the two of them work together pretty efficiently already.

Tweaks:

BIRDS OF A FEATHER
After an ordered activation with a Thanagarian Hero, if it attacked an enemy with a normal attack but did not inflict any wounds, you may activate the Hawkmen of Thanagar.

After activating the Hawkmen of Thanagar, you may maneuver a Thanagarian ally up to 4 spaces with Stealth.

NTH METAL MACE
Figures with Magical Affinity or the Undead keyword have -1 Defense against Hawkmen of Thanagar's normal attack.

(I did tweak the title of the middle ability and slightly tweaked the mechanics, as I thought it made sense for them to be able to move each other up as well. Could be the boost they need).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 29th, 2023, 01:15 PM
C3G Landlord

I honestly like the 'whiff' insurance when attacking angle. Hawkgirl & Hawkman can hit pretty hard when they are able to swoop in for an attack, when they hit you don't really need 2 more attacks of 5 to have a good turn. When they miss you get a pair of attacks to try and get something out of that turn. I'm just not sure it remains as potent with all the mass activations 1000 point armies have in 2.0. Full bonding seems like it would be too good though. I'm okay with Bats tweak to let them move squad figures in addition to heroes, and I'd also be okay with a +1 move boost so they have a little bigger threat range with that melee attack.
Old June 29th, 2023, 01:17 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Is Birds of a Feather a big thematic name for them, or just "bird-y"? If the latter, its such a general phrase that I feel like locking it in here might not be the best.
Old June 29th, 2023, 01:24 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
If they need a boost, I might be tempted to give them +1 Move instead just to help them get in the mix more reliably before falling. I don't think they need to have a reliable bonding activation, just because I think most Hawkman/Hawkwoman(girl) builds make the two of them work together pretty efficiently already.

Tweaks:

BIRDS OF A FEATHER
After an ordered activation with a Thanagarian Hero, if it attacked an enemy with a normal attack but did not inflict any wounds, you may activate the Hawkmen of Thanagar.

NTH METAL MACE

(I did tweak the title of the middle ability and slightly tweaked the mechanics, as I thought it made sense for them to be able to move each other up as well. Could be the boost they need).
I was going to suggest something similar with the first power so that if all you had left was a couple of squads then they could react off each other. Though only once per round. If they both whiffed oh well. Thought that may let them hit that Invader angle Nobody was looking for. Sort of like in the JL animated series as well. But creating a generic Leader Hero could serve the same purpose if we want to go with Invader here I guess.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database