Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 31st, 2010, 06:57 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Thanksgiving Thrash, 11/13/10 Brattleboro VT, Drafting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapeage921
THERE WILL BE SOME D3 AS PRIZES FOR THIS EVENT!!!!!

That's right! I can't tell you how or why (it's secret, yes I'm serious), but there will be some D3 prizes at this event, 3 days before it's release! They might be raffled, or picked with the rest of the prizes. But remember, if they're picked with the rest, you must bring a prize to take home a prize (or multiple prizes).

Please tell people about this event. Right now we're low on people and this is really big for me having prize support.
Where:
First Congregational Church
880 Western Avenue
Brattleboro, VT 05301
Directions

When:
November 13th, 2010
We can get into the church as early as 8AM (keep this in mind if you are helping set-up).
Because drafting will take slightly longer, we are going to start the tournament promptly at 10AM. Since this is a Rolling Rumble, you can jump right in if you're late.

What:
This tournament is a Rolling Rumble. Please read the link if you do not know how Rolling Rumbles work.

Army Conditions:
Since this is a draft, each player may bring anywhere from 700-1100 (1100 recommended) points for their draft pool. Your draft pool must contain at least 5 army cards. Marvel figures are allowed in your draft pool, however C3G is not. To make sure you don't mix your figures with your opponents, please write down what is in your draft pool. If you are bringing multiple commons in your draft pool, please bring the appropriate amount of Army Cards (for example, if you bring 3x Dividers, you need to bring 3 Divider cards).

How It Works:
As stated before, the overall format is a Rolling Rumble. Once players are paired (or have chosen an opponent and map), they place all of their units together in a neutral zone in the middle of the table. Remove all multiples of Unique Heroes in the nuetral draft pool (for example, if you and your opponent each bring Marcu only put one Marcu in the draft pool). Then the draft begins. You and your opponent are each drafting 585 point armies. As with standard drafting, start by rolling a 20-sided die. The higher roller gets to decide either which start zone they get or whether to pick first or second. The loser gets the remaining choice. After it is decided, the first player to draft picks one army card and immediately places the corresponding units in his or her start zone. Players then continue to take turns, picking and placing units from two cards at a time. If a player drafts a common card and there are multiples of that common card in the pool, the opposing player may not draft that card until the original player drafts a different one. After each player has drafted their armies, the battle begins as normal.

Prizes and Donations:
There will be a prize table at the event. It is not required, but you may bring a prize (preferably Heroscape or game related) for the prize table. At the end of the day, each person who brought a prize will pick a prize, with 1st place picking first, 2nd place picking second, and so on. If you bring a prize, you get a prize. If we have extra prizes there will be a raffle. Everyone will get one raffle ticket. There is a $5 entry fee for this event.

Maps:
All maps are competitive of course. Next to each map is the name of the person bringing the map or the terrain for it. If you are planning on coming early and would like to bring a map, please PM me. Any help you be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to suggest any maps you'd like.
Spoiler Alert!

Atendees:
* = maybe
1. Scapemage921
2. Ollie +?
3. Bengi
4. Darkmage7a
5. Nyys
6. Little Nyys
7. TomCollins2000 *
8. Halfbad +?
9. I LIKE PI! +1
10. Habeo Bukkit +2-3
11. Loborocket
12. Jimmy
13. Neo

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Scapemage; August 21st, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:05 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Thanksgiving Thrash, 11/13/10 Brattleboro VT, Drafting!

Why did you have a poll if you decided on doing a draft?
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:20 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Interesting. I'm in.
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:38 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Why did you have a poll if you decided on doing a draft?
Our main aspect was drafting, but at the time I was unsure because some people wanted team, but there was only 1 vote for team in the poll, and since apparently there has never been a draft in NE, we're doing a draft.

I'm posting the rest of the info now.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:56 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Sounds great! Put me and little nyys down as maybe's. Once I can get the date set with the better half I'll volunteer to bring a few maps.

-insert signature here-
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:42 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

As you know, I'm in. I'm also hoping to bring a bunch of students as it's during the semester. How many depends on how well my Heroscape evangelism goes.
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:23 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is there a Min/max number of army cards to bring?

Not that I think anyone would, but 1100pts of cheap units can be quite a lot. Same for the extremes for the other direction. What are your draft options when both players brought 700pts of heavy hitters. It's probably not really necessary but I figured I'd ask since it might come up in the army thread later.

Quote:
Remove all multiples of Unique Heroes in the nuetral draft pool (for example, if you and your opponent each bring Marcu only put one Marcu in the draft pool).
Hmmn So If someone brings Q9 there will be only 1. So it might be wise to pack a counterdraft for him. But then if you draft Q9 your opponent can draft the counterdraft. Curious.
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:32 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Calculators...

-insert signature here-
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:41 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Is there a Min/max number of army cards to bring?
Good thinking; a minimum of 5 was suggested in Dok's thread, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Calculators...
Tch.
Old September 1st, 2010, 12:38 PM

Green Mtn Goblin Woo who?

Awesome...

I'll be there.
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:59 PM

I'm loading up on W4, my opponent won't be able to resist the urge to play with hard to find figures while I draft the Qs, Dragons, and the rest of the A+ units. MWWWWAAAAAAAA!

-insert signature here-
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM
Is a Quadradical

I doubt I'll do this, but taking each Vydar unit that I haven't played before takes me to 1100 nicely:

Microcorps x2: 200
Gorillinators x2: 180
Mika Connour: 110
Iron Golem: 100
Sudema: 140
Heirloom: 90
Warforged x2: 160
Black Wyrmling x4: 120
Total: 1100pts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events