Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 7th, 2017, 04:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Nitro (Breathing Period)

Not a lot of comic images available here...

this may take some creative editing. I did find this.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 7th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah my only real quibble was with the names. On the face of it, dropping the X and merging the first and last powers sounds sensible, but I'd avoid it - it muddles the "story" of the card. It's not that he's all deconstituted by nature, and becomes solid when he absorbs energy - it's that he ends up deconstituted as a consequence of expending his stored energy, by way of being exploded.

We're not really hurting for space so personally, I'd keep them split.
This is spot on. A thought I didnt know I was thinking till you said it. That's the thing about the MGH name, he doesn't recharge his explosion, he explodes at will. The MGH amplifies his powers. Its as though you are taking a pill each round.
Old November 7th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe the title should stay the same then and the markers should change names.

Quote:
MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 3
Before rolling initiative each round, you may place an Mutant Growth Hormone Marker on this card. Before taking a turn with Nitro, once per round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and place another Mutant Growth Hormone Marker on this card. Nitro may never have more than 3 Mutant Growth Hormone on his card at one time.
That also makes it reusable for other designs that may want to use Mutant Growth Hormones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 7th, 2017, 05:15 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is a pic I edited sometime back. I doubt it has the verticality.

Spoiler Alert!

Here is my favorite image of him but it seems a little low resolution.

Spoiler Alert!
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

Quote:
MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 3
Before rolling initiative each round, you may place an Mutant Growth Hormone Marker on this card. Before taking a turn with Nitro, once per round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and place another Mutant Growth Hormone Marker on this card. Nitro may never have more than 3 Mutant Growth Hormone on his card at one time.
That also makes it reusable for other designs that may want to use Mutant Growth Hormones.
Good call.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Fair point on wanting to keep MGH and Reconstitute separate to maintain the theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

Quote:
MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 3
I like that direction. If we went that route, I'd make the following tweaks:

1) call them 'MGH Markers'. It's often abbreviated in the comics and it's much less of a mouthful. The power name spells out what the abbreviation is for, so it shouldn't lose anybody.
2) let him explode even if he has no MGH Markers
3) make Reconstitute a static rest-of-the-round effect after using his SA instead of being reliant on the markers

Points 2 and 3 wouldn't make too much of a difference mechanically (since you're always going to want those markers), but I feel like those changes would distinguish that his powers don't come from MGH, they're just augmented by it.

So I'd build on your suggestion to this:

Quote:
MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 3
Before rolling initiative each round, you may place a [color?] MGH Marker on this card. Before taking a turn with Nitro, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to place another MGH Marker on this card. Nitro may never have more than 3 MGH Markers on his card at one time.

EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3+Special.
All figures within X spaces of Nitro are affected by this special attack. X is equal to either 1 or the number of MGH Markers on this card, whichever is greater. Add one die to the attack for each MGH Marker on this card. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. After using this special attack, remove all MGH Markers from this card.

RECONSTITUTE
After using his Explosion Special Attack, for the rest of the round, Nitro may not take any turns and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
This is a pic I edited sometime back. I doubt it has the verticality.

Spoiler Alert!

Here is my favorite image of him but it seems a little low resolution.

Spoiler Alert!
Do you know what comic the second pic is from? I might be able to look it up in Marvel Unlimited and find a better version.

EDIT: Seems to be from the Penance: Relentless mini. I'll see if I can screencap a better version for you

EDIT TWO: The image on the original page is actually that small/low-res, so there's not much I can do for you after all. :/ It's a single panel in a page with a 2x4 grid layout, so nothing doing there.
Old November 7th, 2017, 08:23 PM

Comicvine has some decent images. Hopefully something there is usable?

One of Nitro's most iconic moment was his Stamford explosion, literally igniting the Civil War storyline. If it isn't too dark, I wouldn't mind capturing this theme with the mini background.
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 7th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think the easiest thing to do here (which we've done in the past) is to take the generic "Marvel Guide" illustration and paste it over an appropriate explosion-y illustration. You know, this one:

Old November 9th, 2017, 07:49 AM

Looks like our 48hr breathing period is up. Before making any updates I'd like to take a vote on some of the changes.

1. Upping the SA to 3+ att. dice: Yay or nay
2. Dropping the XOM Mechanic completely: Yay or nay
3. Changing the class to: Mercenary, Criminal, or nay

My votes:
1. Yay
2. Yay.
3. Mercenary
Old November 9th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Symbiotic

1. Yea
2. Yea
3. Criminal or Assassin

Going by the wiki, he sounds like he was classically a Criminal, but he went through more of an Assassin period prior to Civil War. (And now everything he does is about Civil War) Not feeling Mercenary.
Old November 9th, 2017, 02:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nitro (Design Phase)

yea
yea
Criminal sounds best to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library