Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old April 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Special Event 1 - Teams - ROUND 4 POSTED

Special Event 1: Team Tournament

ROUND 1 MATCHUPS
Spoiler Alert!

ROUND 2 MATCHUPS
Spoiler Alert!

ROUND 3 MATCHUPS:
Spoiler Alert!

ROUND 4 MATCHUPS:
Spoiler Alert!

Games are played using the online Heroscape interface. An explanatory video is below:
Spoiler Alert!

For this special event, players will be paired up as 2-person teams. Due to the potential difficulty of scheduling a game between 4 people at once, only players with a good scheduling and communication record will be accepted for this event. Also, voice chat capability is required.

We highly recommend that you find a teammate before signing up, so that you can coordinate armies with him/her. When signing up with a teammate, make sure you both request to be paired with the other, so that we know to pair you together. You may sign up as an individual, and be paired randomly with another individual. However, this could lead to unbalanced army teams for the two of you, and it makes scheduling more difficult. We encourage people to post requests for teammates and discuss their armies with their teammate before signing up, and only sign up as an individual if you can't find anyone to play with.

The format of the event will be a swiss format with a maximum of 16 teams (32 players). There will be one undefeated champion team at the end of the event. Because of the limited spaces and scheduling concerns with this event, you are not guaranteed a place in the event until your bid is confirmed. However, the earlier you apply to play, the better your chances.

Games will be kill-'em-all. When signing up, each player will submit a set of two armies with a max of 650 points and 28 hexes between them. Each individual army has a limit of 350 points and 18 hexes. The four armies (each of the two parts of an army team and the two army teams) cannot use any of the same cards. VC allowed, no Marvel. Figures from the C3V’s Wave 16’s Hero pack will be allowed, but note that you will only have 3 days left to sign up if you wait until it is released.
EXAMPLE:
Spoiler Alert!

Each team will have two army sets, which will be chosen from each round in the "bring two" style (details below). When signing up as a team, your two army sets may not share any army cards.

"Bring 2" details:
Spoiler Alert!

Initiative details:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

League Details:
Spoiler Alert!

Teams in the event:
  1. dok & Kinseth
  2. awesomeunleashed & Filthy the Clown
  3. vegietarian18 & vegie's dad
  4. Dysole & Sujoah
  5. weebaer & TheMind
  6. Viideosayg & Eraguy816
  7. TheSparkleInYourWater & C$$
  8. n00b & greygnarl
  9. Foudzing & Gurdil
  10. Zeldarck & This
  11. infectedsloth & infectedsloth's brother
  12. marrowick & TheLegendaryIrishSword

Subs:

Players who sign up for the event who have little or no history on Heroscapers may be asked to give a quick summary of their experience playing Heroscape.

Last edited by dok; May 8th, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Special Event 1 - Teams - SIGN UP UNTIL 4-12-13

I'd like to do this but I don't have a mic that wants to work reliably. Good luck guys. A question why not do what small scape is doing and have it so each person can do it on his own time? Scheduling 4 people will be tricky and having it so each person moves when able gives the teams time to discuss strategy in pms.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
I'd like to do this but I don't have a mic that wants to work reliably. Good luck guys. A question why not do what small scape is doing and have it so each person can do it on his own time? Scheduling 4 people will be tricky and having it so each person moves when able gives the teams time to discuss strategy in pms.
If the teams absolutely can't find any time that they can all play at once, then they could play asynchronously, but we would prefer that games are played live (so find a teammate with a similar schedule).

Old April 5th, 2013, 04:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

HeroscaperGuy, not to put too fine a point on it, but you are asking us to emulate a method that nobody has tested or seen work.

If people want to play something that becomes essentially a PBEM game, they are free too, but all of our events up to now have featured simultaneous play that attempts to mimic the experience of a face-to-face game of Heroscape. That is what we are going to continue to do.

It was our opinion that without all four players in a voice chat, team games would just move too slowly.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:28 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
HeroscaperGuy, not to put too fine a point on it, but you are asking us to emulate a method that nobody has tested or seen work.

If people want to play something that becomes essentially a PBEM game, they are free too, but all of our events up to now have featured simultaneous play that attempts to mimic the experience of a face-to-face game of Heroscape. That is what we are going to continue to do.

It was our opinion that without all four players in a voice chat, team games would just move too slowly.
I totally agree. I hope to get in on this as well with TheMind as my teammate. I'll ask him his schedule.
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:16 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Pending...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Lemme check with someone and we'll get back to you.

Also a clarifier to make sure I understand this right. You submit armies made up of two bits. People pick from any of the four. Then you and your teammate figure out who is playing which of each bits. Is that correct?

~Dysole, open for whatever

Last edited by Dysole; April 5th, 2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Have a teammate
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Pending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Lemme check with someone and we'll get back to you.

Also a clarifier to make sure I understand this right. You submit armies made up of two bits. People pick from any of the four. Then you and your teammate figure out who is playing which of each bits. Is that correct?

~Dysole, open for whatever
Correct, youll have Team 1(A/B) Team 2(A/B) Team 3(A/B) Team 4(A/B)

Team 1 and Team 2 are the two teams you and your teammate submitted.

3&4 are your opponents.

So just like Pick 2 format.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Looks like fun! My dad and I will be signing up at some point, probably later tonight.

Is Brimstone allowed?
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:23 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

This being our first Team Event, we would like to see it run smoothly, and the best way to do that is to have everyone in the voice chat. Perhaps after this tournament we might feel otherwise for the future.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've signed up and I might be able to have Eraguy as a partner though possibly not.

EDIT: What I mean is that it could work but we only have two computers and it would be rude to not let anyone else be able to use the computers while it's going on. I'd have to talk to the rest of the house about it.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Last edited by marrowick; April 5th, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
we only have two computers and it would be rude to not let anyone else be able to use the computers while it's going on.
While this may not be relevant to you any longer, it would actually be pretty easy to play as a team from one computer. You would just need two browsers open - say, you play on firefox while your partner plays on chrome.
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Go figure, a cool format and I don't have a working mic. Have fun y'all!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events