Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 16th, 2009, 05:43 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wellspring of Deception

I recently came up with (IMO) an exciting and somewhat game changing scenario (sort of).

First off, you need to build a large body of water somewhere in the middle of the map. Now, for each figure that steps onto a water tile, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an even number, the water turns to slippery ice. If you roll an odd number, the water turns to lava. You do not need to roll everytime a figure moves onto another water space, just when they first enter the body of water. Figures that fly, are carried and are summoned onto a water space are affected by this power. The only figure that wouldn't be affected by this is Tul-Bak-Ra, but only if he doesn't teleport onto a water space.

Also, try not to use the Lodin glyph.

Tell me what you think.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 16th, 2009, 05:47 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Wellspring of Deception

So you roll an odd number and you die unless you are Brunak...sounds like alot of fun
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's a good idea, but there should be some kind of risk/reward if you want this to work. As is it's all risk. The best that can happen is you wasted your turn.

How about this, on an odd roll you replace the water tile with an ice tile and roll one die for freezing damage (just like falling damage). Apply the freezing damage for that tile from then on like lava field damage, rolling for it at the end of the round. I'd make the ice tiles slippery ice as well.

Then on an even roll the tile stays the same and the figure that moved on it gets to take another turn. This may be too powerful, but the figure will be risking freezing damage to get it and will most likely be giving up height advantages to the enemy.

Just experiment and play some games with different rules, and then after you find one that works well you can make a thread to share it. Good thoughts though.
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
It's a good idea, but there should be some kind of risk/reward if you want this to work. As is it's all risk. The best that can happen is you wasted your turn.

How about this, on an odd roll you replace the water tile with an ice tile and roll one die for freezing damage (just like falling damage). Apply the freezing damage for that tile from then on like lava field damage, rolling for it at the end of the round. I'd make the ice tiles slippery ice as well.

Then on an even roll the tile stays the same and the figure that moved on it gets to take another turn. This may be too powerful, but the figure will be risking freezing damage to get it and will most likely be giving up height advantages to the enemy.

Just experiment and play some games with different rules, and then after you find one that works well you can make a thread to share it. Good thoughts though.
Yes, good ideas! But what I did was put 4 glyphs, one on a single hex, in the water. Those were the only glyphs I used. Plus there is a long, thin bridge going right over the water.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios