Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 7/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Looks great, Dignan. I love the aesthetics of the off-center symmetry with the 24 hexers. I'll put it on the list for 10/1, unless I forget.
I remembered.

Using Trepidation, too. Maybe others, as I fill out the ranks.

Thanks so much for all these great maps, Dignan.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 2nd, 2011, 01:09 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 7/2

Quote:
Quote:
Looks great, Dignan. I love the aesthetics of the off-center symmetry with the 24 hexers. I'll put it on the list for 10/1, unless I forget.
I remembered.

Using Trepidation, too. Maybe others, as I fill out the ranks.

Thanks so much for all these great maps, Dignan.
Awesome! I hope you guys enjoy them!

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 4th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/4

Update 9/4

Alright, time to kick a new map out the door. Umbrage is just a little map I generated after thinking of ways to use just the BftU in combination with terrain sets (in other words, not in conjunction with other master sets). I went through a ton of revisions on this one to get it to play the way I wanted and I think we ended up with a pretty solid little map.

Map: Umbrage
Date Uploaded: 9/4/11
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 RttFF

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 4th, 2011, 12:14 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Wow Dignan, your maps are always awesome looking and this one looks like it will not disappoint. Great use of a BftU.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 4th, 2011, 12:41 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Very cool map, Dignan. I have Kaltengeist set up right now, and it's interesting comparing the two. I love seeing more BftU maps that don't involve RotV, SotM, or a second BftU.

The first things that jump out to me on this map, aside from the obvious H&D-style template, are the lack of glyphs and the level 3 roads. I have to (implicitly) agree with you that there isn't really a good spot for glyphs on this map, and that it probably doesn't need them to force the action anyway. The road high ground is concerning in principle, I guess, but it's also very easy to contest and has bad sight lines.
Old September 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The first things that jump out to me on this map, aside from the obvious H&D-style template, are the lack of glyphs and the level 3 roads. I have to (implicitly) agree with you that there isn't really a good spot for glyphs on this map, and that it probably doesn't need them to force the action anyway. The road high ground is concerning in principle, I guess, but it's also very easy to contest and has bad sight lines.
Yeah, originally the road went around those hills. In that state, the edges saw very little action. With the road back there, both sides are able to quickly contest that hill. While I usually don't like to see the road on high ground, in this case it allows quick access to anyone on the dungeon tiles there and it has very limited LOS.

After all the variations this map went through, this was the version I enjoyed the most.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 07:25 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 10/23

Update 10/23

Here's another little map I generated for the BftU set. It's small and light on elevation changes, but that makes it quick and deadly. Add the lava to the mix and you have a map that really steps up the pace in games.

Map: Turn and Burn
Date Uploaded: 10/23/11
Requires: 1 BftU, 1 VW, 1 RttFF

Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:28 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

That's a pretty cool map. It almost seems like you had something in mind when you made that.

In particular, I like how both the inside and outside have their draws, the shadow and saftey to the height.
Old November 8th, 2011, 12:10 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 8/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Update 8/20

I got a PM a few months back from Andyman is back and he requested a map. I'm always looking for new ideas for my maps so I was happy to build something based on what he was looking for.He was looking for a map with caves or "pockets" under some terrain. Originally, I was building a much taller map that allowed for medium figures to get underneath, but it just wasn't working. So, I brought the platforms down and left the caves as a much more decorative feature than a functional area of the map.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with how this one eventually turned out and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Map: Remnant
Date Uploaded: 8/20/11
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 TJ

We played a few matches on this one...terrific map! I was inspired to use the same tiles (with a handfull more) to make something similar with caves tall enough to allow some of those medium figures room to hide.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:44 AM

Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker

i agree with carnival man the remnant is an excellent map we used it on our last video battle (see link below with some custom trees and bushes as its hard to get the ticalla in the uk)

Keep it up we are looking at using guardian map soon too
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you enjoyed the map.

Old November 10th, 2011, 02:32 PM

InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker

Dignan, don't suppose you have all these maps (and images of maps) in one neat little place to download, would you? =)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios