Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Thanos - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I'm worried he's going to be another pain in the ass like Surtur, but whatever. After him, I'm staying away from the high swing factor designs for awhile. I'm only doing this so soon after Surtur for Tickle

I really don't want him to be priced according to having to play a bunch of Spidey Sense type guys in his army. That kind of sucks to have to do to get his value. But I'm sure having other high defense/life guys in his army can work too. Or have a ton of figures in his army that will take a while to kill them all while ignoring him.

We'll see.
Thanks, I'd be happy to test this guy for you if you wanted. I wouldn't mind running some extra army tests too.
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm mostly interested to see how he does with other resurrection guys, but I think Grundy and Doomsday both have enough checks on their ability to return that it won't be overpowered at all.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 20th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I'm worried he's going to be another pain in the ass like Surtur, but whatever. After him, I'm staying away from the high swing factor designs for awhile. I'm only doing this so soon after Surtur for Tickle

I really don't want him to be priced according to having to play a bunch of Spidey Sense type guys in his army. That kind of sucks to have to do to get his value. But I'm sure having other high defense/life guys in his army can work too. Or have a ton of figures in his army that will take a while to kill them all while ignoring him.

We'll see.
Thanks, I'd be happy to test this guy for you if you wanted. I wouldn't mind running some extra army tests too.
Well you have a Destroyer to worry about young mister. If you feel like working on Thanos afterward, you're certainly welcome to and it's appreciated, but I want to test him as well, though I won't get to him until I finish Baron Zemo, which I will continue with in the form I have him in. If they decide to make changes to him, then that can be tested in the other tests by other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm mostly interested to see how he does with other resurrection guys, but I think Grundy and Doomsday both have enough checks on their ability to return that it won't be overpowered at all.
I think you're right with those other guys, though Thanos destroying an opponent's Thanos would be costly for sure to its owner.

Maybe this guy should be an Event Hero so that he couldn't be Permanently Deathed by an opponent's Thanos?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

ERB from David

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Thanos

Permanent Death Special Attack
I think the default in this setting is that the two adjacent figures don’t need to be in clear sight of Thanos. He just needs clear sight on the target.

Spurned by Death

This is from my battle thread, where Team Six Feet Under defeated two separate 1000 point teams in succession.

Quote:
Quote:
Team Six Feet Under (1020 points)
Doomsday, Solomon Grundy, Scarecrow, Mole Man, Moloids x 10

What has seemed hopeless for Team Deadpool is now showing some promise, though Team Doomsday still has the advantage.

Doomsday survives with 5w (1 left), Solomon Grundy has 2w (2 left), and Scarecrow and a Moloid don’t have any wounds. Now we’ll take a break, where Team Skrull will enter the game in Team Deadpool’s place. Note: Doomsday’s team is not replenished based on the format I was playing.

Pam: “A Time Out has been called, and all figures on the battlefield have huddled with the officials. One of the officials steps forward. Let’s listen to his announcement.”

Official: “Team Skrull has conceded the Battle. Teams Six Feet Under and Sentinel have been declared the winners.”

Mike: “Well, this has been an exciting battle, but I have to confess that I’ve wondered if we’d ever see an end to it.” Note: I was trying to portray this positively for the public, but I was honestly frustrated.

Pam: “There are eight Skrulls on the board, but you’re probably right. It is a shame to see a battle end early like this.”

David (enters): “Bob and I just caught the announcement. I’ve sent Bob down onto the field to talk to one of the officials.”

Pam: “Is the battle going to resume?”

David: “Sort of. We’re going off the air, where we will bring the participants back into their positions. They will then complete the battle, and we will go live to announce the results.”
(Bookmark)
David: “The battle has concluded, and Team Six Feet Under have, indeed, prevailed. The Skrull took down Scarecrow pretty early, but only landed 4 wounds on Doomsday before all the Skrull were easily taken down.”
The moment I bookmarked was the point in the battle where I became so frustrated that I simply stopped playing and walked away. I calmed down and changed my mind, which is why I finished the battle. Perhaps I didn't play against Doomsday’s team correctly, but the relevant point was that this game simply wasn’t fun for me, personally. Based on this experience, I doubt I’ll ever play Doomsday against, and I doubt I’ll ever pair two resurrection characters on the same team.

Out of all the Heroscape abilities, resurrection is my least favorite. Solomon Grundy is the rare exception, because he reminds me of Michael Myers from the Halloween franchise. He’s pretty easy to take down, and not so easy to return. There’s already precedent for resurrection, and you have to proceed with this, because it does seem to be integral to Thanos based on the official Marvel character in the Master Set.

I apologize for being so negative, and you should factor my own personal bias into this. I trust what you guys do implicitly.

This does raise an item I need to check with Talia when I make my pre-release EPB sweep: Will her immunity to attack when she’s the final figure on the battlefield be broken when she’s drafted with someone like Doomsday or Solomon?
Thanks David.

Sorry for your bad experience with Doomsday and Grundy. Usually Doomsday doesn't fare that well.

Not knowing the opponent's army make-up, it's hard for me to comment as far as strategy. One thing I know from experience is that I've always been disappointed in Skrull Warriors. They are too expensive for what they give and two figure squads just don't do it for me, except for Lex Corps Security because they can bond with Criminals and get more mileage from an expensive 2 figure squad.

Against Doomsday and Grundy, I'm going to want lots of figures and maybe some squad bonding with a hero. Also having a big HH will help too as well as a special attacker for Grundy. Grundy and Doomday are single attackers that will be overkill vs. cheap squaddies you can throw at them. While they are tied up with those guys, mow down Scarecrow, Mole Man and the Moloids. Then kill Doomsday and since he needs OM's to come back, if you kill Grundy last, then Doomsday can't come back.

Regarding Talia, I don't know what you are referring to. She doesn't have immunity to attacks.

Quote:
Quote:
Divided Loyalty
Before taking a turn with Tailia al Ghul:
- If she is adjacent to one or more Masterminds or Assassins you control, add 1 to her Attack number this turn.
-If she is adjacent to an opponent's Vigilante or Sidekick, she may not attack any figure she begins her turn adjacent to.
She can always be attacked. There is only a situation in her power that keeps her from attacking.

Anyway, I'll post your concerns for the others to see. The thing with Thanos is that regardless of what the official game did with him and even if they did not design him, there is no way he can be designed without a resurrection power of some sort. It is totally inherent to him. I've seen him disintegrated and come back with a painful reforming of his body. The entity of Death will not accept him. He is obsessed with "her" and wants to die to be with "her" but she keeps rejecting him. So to make a Thanos without that ability would be like designing Spider Man without web powers.

I originally had his resurrection only allowed once per game, but it was expressed by other heroes that they want to give it a try where he could come back more than once. If it becomes too unbalanced or swingy, we might have to reconsider it being limited to once per game, especially considering it's automatic and only requires him to have living teammates.

Thanks again

Hahma

Old May 20th, 2012, 10:10 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Event hero would work for me thematically anyway. I wonder if we don't want to up his power level any if we go Event Hero, though? Right now he's right at that Superman, high end Unique Hero range of power.

Edit: And, yeah, I'm not sure what David was referring to with Talia there. I do worry that a bunch of resurrection guys can be annoying all on the same team, though, which might be a reason to keep this guy with the vulnerabilities of a unique hero!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think Event Hero would definitely work here. What if we limited him coming back to like 2 times per game?
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I always kind of thought the Infinity Gauntlet would turn Unique Heroes into Event Heroes. Also, I see permanent death more as Death granting (as her Avatar) the power to put someone down for good. I'm sure (considering the in-game possibility of 2 Thanoses) that she could grant the ability for her Avatar to be put down as well.

Also, I'm not sure Thanos has any more right to be an Event Hero than Darkseid, since he's basically a rip-off.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Also, I'm not sure Thanos has any more right to be an Event Hero than Darkseid, since he's basically a rip-off.
I don't think Thanos should be an Event Hero either, but don't p!ss off the DC gods.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:27 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If anything I was saying Darkseid deserves to be an Event Hero before Thanos. Also, I meant that Thanos is the rip-off.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Don't p!ss off Stan Lee either.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 20th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Yep, I'm definitely convinced he should stay a Unique Hero. And I think any "event" aspects of him should come with a future Infinity Gauntlet as well. Good thoughts, Margloth! Spoooon!

Old May 20th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Okay, we'll scrap the Event Hero idea. It was just a thought

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library