Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
About availability, what exactly are your standards? I imagine that it's somewhere around 100 for a unique hero, and 200-300 for a particular squad figure. Or are those numbers too low?

Based off how many customs you've had to reject due to low numbers, it may be useful to have a rough outline in the OP.
50 is the Minimum for a Unique hero, The judges seem to want there to be enough for at least 30 'Scapers to be able to get the "Sweet spot" for commons and uncommons.I hope this helps

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, that's lower than I expected.

Why I was wondering is that I feel my custom Lizardfolk Hunter Vargach is ready to nominate.

After playing several games with the C3V custom Zogross Hardscale, I felt as if the Lizardfolk needed another, more offensive counterpart. Vargach enjoys lying in wait behind his Lizardfolk allies before charging in with Blood Trail, and shattering the enemy lines with his signature ability, Savagery. Savagery allows him an additional three spaces of movement and second attack, but only under the requirement that he would not only inflict the fatal blow, but exceed that by at least one skull.

It is worth noting that under the current wording, Savagery allows him to attack again if he would inflict excess wounds, despite powers such as Exoskeleton that ignore wounds, and he was playtested as such.

According to ABPrices, there are over 150 of the required mini, the Pathfinders Lizardfolk Champion in stock in Coolstuff, MiniatureMarket and Auggies. There are also 5 retailers not listing their current stock, plus eBay.
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Wow, that's lower than I expected.

Why I was wondering is that I feel my custom Lizardfolk Hunter Vargach is ready to nominate.

After playing several games with the C3V custom Zogross Hardscale, I felt as if the Lizardfolk needed another, more offensive counterpart. Vargach enjoys lying in wait behind his Lizardfolk allies before charging in with Blood Trail, and shattering the enemy lines with his signature ability, Savagery. Savagery allows him an additional three spaces of movement and second attack, but only under the requirement that he would not only inflict the fatal blow, but exceed that by at least one skull.

It is worth noting that under the current wording, Savagery allows him to attack again if he would inflict excess wounds, despite powers such as Exoskeleton that ignore wounds, and he was playtested as such.

According to ABPrices, there are over 150 of the required mini, the Pathfinders Lizardfolk Champion in stock in Coolstuff, MiniatureMarket and Auggies. There are also 5 retailers not listing their current stock, plus eBay.
Looks very good! I really like the savagery effect!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; February 13th, 2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Oops my post didn't work.
Old February 12th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like Vargach a lot.

Old February 12th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I like Vargach a lot.
So do I.

Elegant, new powers that are easy to understand, and well suited to this particular mini.

to review Kaemon Awa's Vargach.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:09 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I agree with Dad-Scaper. YES to review Vargach

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:39 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to nominate DeathDoom's Clyemne

Availability:

ABprices has this figure listed at 165 available. Sixty of which are on Auggies who also has an additional 10 listed with the existing card. The figure ranges from one to six dollars with the majority at the one dollar price range.

Theme:

She is a captain for the Warrior of Ashra and has reverse bonding with them. The bonding is very reminiscent to Brave Arrows. The only difference is that the text for bonding is on the hero as opposed to the squad.

I like how her bonding doesn't start until she can become engaged with an opponent. This makes order marker management a little trickier, but it gets really smooth in combat. Passing Swipe is also a very unique and clever ability. Due to the restrictions on bonding and her very specific army build options, I think the price is right on.

Playability:

At first I thought that she was too specific. You will only take her with the Warriors of Ashra, but then I realized that there are already examples of extremely specific bonding: Nakita Agents and the Gorrilinators, Blastatrons and the Gladiatrons (Blastatrons are especially worthless without their counterpart).

She also gives a little extra punch to the WoA and rewards those of us who endured the three years of only Wave 5 on the shelves.

Extra insights:

here is the auggies presubmission thread. It starts on entry 43.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=35589&page=4
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:48 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I would like to nominate DeathDoom's Clyemne

Availability:

ABprices has this figure listed at 165 available. Sixty of which are on Auggies who also has an additional 10 listed with the existing card. The figure ranges from one to six dollars with the majority at the one dollar price range.

Theme:

She is a captain for the Warrior of Ashra and has reverse bonding with them. The bonding is very reminiscent to Brave Arrows. The only difference is that the text for bonding is on the hero as opposed to the squad.

I like how her bonding doesn't start until she can become engaged with an opponent. This makes order marker management a little trickier, but it gets really smooth in combat. Passing Swipe is also a very unique and clever ability. Due to the restrictions on bonding and her very specific army build options, I think the price is right on.

Playability:

At first I thought that she was too specific. You will only take her with the Warriors of Ashra, but then I realized that there are already examples of extremely specific bonding: Nakita Agents and the Gorrilinators, Blastatrons and the Gladiatrons (Blastatrons are especially worthless without their counterpart).

She also gives a little extra punch to the WoA and rewards those of us who endured the three years of only Wave 5 on the shelves.

Extra insights:

here is the auggies presubmission thread. It starts on entry 43.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=35589&page=4
I like her... passing swipe is awesome! But shouldn't Captain's Assault read "After taking a turn with a Warrior's of Ashra you control"?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

There really shouldn't be "you control" at all. First of all, you can't take a turn with figures you don't control (at least temporarily). If there is ever a power that lets one take control of common squads temporarily, then they would be Ashra you control, just as you control Marcu for the turn.

So it should simply read, you take a turn with the Warriors of Ashra...

Otherwise, I like it.

Old February 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

The information below is quoted from my custom thread. Due to Duckman's insistence, I present:

War Horse of Troy

Theme:
My brother Duckman created the initial idea to have a Horse figure in Heroscape that could actually carry figures throughout the game, as compared to the current Carry power used in Heroscape. Since Einar was running short on horses due to the war, he summoned some of the best horses from Earth (as far as the Greeks told him).

Availability:
Now, the miniatures can be found here on the Safari Ltd. site, which is a Horses TOOB, and contains 12 horses for $10.99. Since they are uncommon, I would wager I would never use more than four in an army, and most likely two will be used. You can pick which ones you want to use, and maybe trade off the rest.

Playability:
The Horse can be a great boon to boost melee adjacency bonuses to certain units, such as Paremenio and Khosumet. Instant height advantage can be gained as well, increasing the survivability of said units. Of course some other units can gain better benefit from this, such as Raelin and Taelord, since it would increase thier aura size. That is why they cost 60 points apiece, and have low surviviability. It would usually be best to shot the horse and attempt to hurt the rider when they fall.

The text is very long but clearly explains all the issues that could arise with this figure. Figures that are moved by special abilities (such as Gorillinators Movement Bonding or Silver Surfer) are limited by the move listed on the card when they use the special power.

Thanks for considering.
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

How does it scale to 'Scape figures, MS?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

The ones I have are slightly larger than the Templar's and Ulginesh's Horses (as in a few mm or so). I'm not sure exactly how big all the Horses in the pack are, but I imagine most will be close. (I know for sure that one of them is too short, as it's a Shetland Pony-like horse.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs