Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old July 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM

aquaone is surprisingly tart
Re: Any reason for me to get PS3 now?

Heavenly Sword was fun but not a must-have...

MGS4 you already mentioned...

Disgaea 3 is supposed to be out what, next month?

Dokapon Kingdom (The game you lose your friends to) comes out this fall

Tekken 6, God of War 3, and Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer don't come out til next year...

oh, and if you're a karaoke nut, Singstar is actually pretty nice...

then there's Blu-Ray... ~shrug~

personally i think a 360 is better right now... but i always end up buying all the systems. x,x

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old July 14th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

All of them!? Dude get some scape instead!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:23 AM

aquaone is surprisingly tart

I do buy scape... but I have multiple hobbies:
Video Games
Magic: the Gathering
Heroscape

^_^ I balance my spending between all of it.

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:48 AM

acdveins Woo who?

I have a 360 and love it. I don't think PS3 is that strong right now.

PS3 doesn't have a lot of good exclusive titles right now. On the other hand, most 360 games are also released on computer. So, if you have a decent PC, you can pretty much play all the great 360 games (at least most of the ones I own). Halo 3, Dead Rising, and Devil May cry 4 are the only games I have that aren't on PC. Halo 3 will probably be ported to PC soon, though.

I would suggest finding what games you really want and looking at what systems they are offered on. If every 360 game you want is on PC, then get a PS3. Do some homeork before you make a huge purchase.

...I say kill her off.
Yeah, but you say plenty of things, and how's that work? You're a bicycle!
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart

Do you have a highdef TV and want a Blu-Ray, do you like the idea of being able to run Linux with Emulators on your PS3? Do you want to pay to play online?

It's your call, I have em all, and can say that my 360 is laying unhooked and I no longer use it at all, though I may hook it up when the new Tales comes out. Having said that my PS3 is only used as a DVD player (It also plays AVI's very well, which is great for all my old cartoon downloads). The only console to see play time as a game console is the Wii, and it is only by my wife, I haven't gamed in a while.
Old July 18th, 2008, 01:21 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation

I'm still getting ff13 on ps3 however for these reasons
-360 version is a port
-No disc swapping
-And probably better graphics
- FF13 versus only on ps3

Yea, What got me to buy a ps3 was blu-ray, built in wifi, and a great multimedia console. So if you think about it, the 360 would cost more money if you bought the addons

Plus: 360 gets Final Fantasy PS3 gets Bioshock
seems fair. =) Good Luck
Old July 18th, 2008, 01:26 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

PS3 is full of broken hopes and empty promises. It feels like wave 8 for everything that they do, but if you can stand having features and games dangled in your face and snatched away without reason then go for it.

DWARVES!
Old July 18th, 2008, 02:10 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

I would only recomend a wii if you don't enjoy playing games. Their focus is on the non-gamer. Read the E3 2008 reviews. All hardware, no games mentioned (except a Rockband rip off.)

PS3 has tons of stuff in the works. Pick up a copy of Game Informer from GameStop, or just google "inFAMOUS"

Halo fanboys are going to go on and on about the 360. Ignore them, and avoid the red ring of death.

My 2 cent.
Old July 18th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Halo 3 is awesome don't listen to him.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 18th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Miya08 Woo who?

I would have to agree with HexPlex?..
Old July 18th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

We have all three next Gens at our house and here is the best way I can come up with to decide.

Go to Gamestop.com, and look through what each system has coming out for it this year.

It has dates and prices for games up through Feb and some in March of 2009. Research the games that look interesting to you and see what ones you want to play more.

Also try to keep tabs on how much you want to spend. If Blue Ray is your thing make sure you take that into account, but honestly prices for one will drop nicely early next year.

All of them have a value that makes them worth the purchase. At the same time though they all have their downsides that make them worthless. It comes down to what a player likes and what her/his friends are playing. Each console maker has finally really begun to embrace what the PC was bringing to gamers years ahead of them and that is the community feel. The ability to simultaneously share the gaming experience with others.

Some shine in certain areas more than others, but eventually they will all have the same features. It comes down to what the buyer wants and it's obvious that the buyer wants multiplayer. The Wii is great if you have kids. The PS3 is great if you like the 1 player aspects of gaming more. The 360 is great for global gaming.

You can argue game titles but the number of titles means nothing to the quality of titles and each system is gaining quality titles and will gain many more in the coming year. Every Fan-boy can say how one is better than another but sit back and take a look. It doesn't matter what system you choose, they are all great in their own way and we are living in a Console Gaming Heaven!

Choose what you want, and if you don't know what you want, wait until you do before you buy.

EDIT: The "Red Ring of Death" that people mention is gone. They fixed that last Version, and people who bring it up need to also bring up "Other" consoles server problems.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.

Last edited by CupidsArt; July 18th, 2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old July 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

Well, thank you guys for your help!

Onacara, please dont treat me like an invalid. That whole, get a job you dumb kid thing, it offends me. My parents never get me anything. They wont generously give me 200 dollars. Everything I buy is with hard earned money. I babysit and shovel for people. I am a counsler in training at a camp, and hopefully next summer a paid counsler. I cant get a full real job, because why would anyone want to hire a 16 year old. There are no job offerings, anywhere.

My Signature

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games