Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 10th, 2010, 07:54 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread : Magnemite

PK, MRT, and Feral Troll all defeated Magnemite. He won everything else.

Old July 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Bigga, quick question - in the Kumiko test, the last sentence makes it sound like you were attacking multiple times in the same turn with Ninjitsu Barrage. Is that how you played it or am I reading it wrong?
Yes, Kumiko can attack up to three times with her Special Attack. She attacked twice, the third time wasn't needed.
Yeah, but you can only attack any one figure once. It's like Nilfheim's Ice Shard SA.
Crap. Sorry, I forgot about that (didn't bother to reread the card before playtesting, thought I knew how it worked). I'll go back and rerun the test and should have a new one up soon.

EDIT: Okay, first I set up the two in the same position before my goof in the original game and finished that, to see how it worked out with this result (change in italics)

Spoiler Alert!

Then I ran a whole new battle with both, with this result:

Spoiler Alert!

So you can choose if you want to use just the new, or both results. I also updated my original post with these results. Again, I apologize for my blunder.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 10th, 2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: I'm a moron
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnemite Data!

60 Points
Shiori: 1-0 (?/4)
Deadeye Dan: 1-0 (4/4)
Marro Stingers: 1-1 (3/4, 3/3)

70 Points
Phantom Knights: 0-1 (3/3)
Deepwyrm Drow: 1-0 (2/4)
Mohican River Tribe: 0-2 (?/3, 1/3)
Axegrinders of Burning Forge: 3-0 (2/4, 1/4, 4/4)
Knights of Weston: 1-0 (3/4)
Aubrien Archers: 1-0 (3/4)

75 Points
James Murphy: 0-1 (2/5)
10th Regiment of Foot: 1-0 (4/4)

80 Points
Erevan Sunshadow: 0-1 (?/5)
Kumiko: 2-1 (2/4, 3/4, 1/3)

90 Points
Feral Troll: 0-1 (?/8)
Crixus: 0-2 (3/5, 2/5)

In the parenthesis, red denotes a loss and green denotes a win. The fraction is how much life/how many figures were remaining, not how many were killed. For example, in the Phantom Knights playtests the red "3/3" means that the Phantom Knights won with all 3 squad members remaining. A green, high number is best while a red, low number is worst.
All updated. Don't worry about it too much, we all make mistakes. Anyone looking on, this is yet another reason why writing detailed reports is important - it is much easier to catch mistakes like that.
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:51 AM

caltemus Woo who?

Quote:
Again, I apologize for my blunder.
It happens to the best of us. So is playtesting complete?

Charlie is the slightly less dexterous, Russo-Israeli KMA
Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 11th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
PK, MRT, and Feral Troll all defeated Magnemite. He won everything else.
Somehow missed this post. I know that, but I wanted to know how much life Magnemite had when he won and how much life the feral troll had when he won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
So is playtesting complete?
I'm not entirely sure what to make of the data. We do have 3 complete playtests so far. I think we need one more to be sure that 70 is right. Some more 60 point tests would be nice to ensure Magnemite isn't overpriced at least.
Old July 11th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Here's the mockup for Squirtle. I've removed the majority of the color and changed the darker sections to grey to save on ink. I've PM'd this to Jwind for the OP. I'll have a proxy up soon.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:37 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
So you can choose if you want to use just the new, or both results. I also updated my original post with these results.
I'd think using both would be best. More results, result in better data and costing.
Old July 11th, 2010, 11:00 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread : Pikachu and Pidgey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Alright it's late and I only had time to do the squad tests. I'll get the rest tommorow. This test was done on Mole Hills with dungeon terrain (what I had handy), but its still the same map.

Magnemite vs. Phantom Knights

The PK were designed as a Magnemite counterdraft. The PK spread out across the map. Taking a glyph of Gerda. Magemite moves and thunderbolt blows straight through the ghost with no effect. The PK leave Gerda and take Astrid. They move forward and overwhelm the floating magnet.

Deepwrym Drow vs. Magnemite.

DD spread out and take height. Magnemite kills one with a well placed thunderbolt. The others can't get to him through the water. He levitates across the water and kills another drow. The other drow attacks and inflicts two wounds with his poison blade. The final drow falls beneath the mighty thundershock.

Mochian River Tribe vs. Magnemite.

The Mochian take height (magnemite's initiative rolls sucked). Magnemite attacks and fails to defeat a Mochian. The Mochians surround and shoot the floating magnet out of the air.

First impressions. Levitate is huge for this unit. I don't know about ignoring terrain but the ability to move accross the hills with ease made positioning it much easier. Lock on never came into play, though in retrospect it may have been useful against the PK, but not moving would have allowed them to swarm and he would have been defeated anyway. It was probably the most fun pokescape unit I've played so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of the tests.
This is the battle reports from my tests. I think it got lost in the debate.

And here's the hero tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar
Hero tests for Magnemite.

Magnemite vs. Erevan.

Erevan wins initiative and takes height on one side of the moat. Magnemite takes height one level higher than Erevan and fails to thundershock him. The elf fey steps to the other side and engages Magnemite (I have no idea why). Erevan inflicts a wound on Magnemite. The two whiff until Erevan defeats Magnemite on his second order marker on the second turn.

Shiori vs. Magnemite.

Shiori takes height. Magnemite moves forward. Shirori takes the glyph of Gerda. Magnemite moves forward and zaps the ninja, but the bolt breaks upon Gerda. Shiori throws a shurkien at the magnenet, which blocks the sharp blade. Magnemite looses another bolt at the ninja, who once again dodges it. Magnemite wins initiative and kills the ninja with a final shock.

Feral Troll vs. Magnemite.

With the Troll's high life I wanted to Maximize potential for Paralysis.

Magnemite moves forward along the upper side of the moat. The Feral troll moves forward, but is hindered by his low move. Magnemite takes the glyph of Gerda, knowing that he can't let the Feral Troll get it. Magnemite inflicts a wound on the troll, but fails to paralyze the beast. Unfortunately this leaves him in the troll's threat range. The trolls engages the floating Magnet, but fails to inflict a wound. The troll wins initiative and attacks Magnemite, inflicting two wounds. Magnemite zaps the troll with two wounds, but its too late. The troll attacks and kills Magnemite.

From what I've seen so far it looks like Magnemite at 70 is overpriced. I'd recommend testing him at 60 from now on. Seeing as how consistently he loses against 70 and higher.

Old July 11th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Caster of Crying

Gahhhh! I included all of your results in the data compilation - what I am saying is that for the MRT battle it isn't perfectly clear how many were left, for the Erevan battle it isn't clear how much life he had left, for the Shiori battle it isn't clear how much life Magnemite had left, and for the Feral Troll battle it isn't clear how much life the troll had left.

I just want you to confirm those numbers so I can get rid of the question marks in the data set.
Old July 11th, 2010, 01:55 PM

I believe Eravan had no wounds, but the dice were acting up, I'd rather redo that one. None of the MRT were defeated. Magnemite had no wounds when it defeated Shiori. The Feral Troll had two wounds. Though one was regenerated.

Old July 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:

60 Points
Shiori: 1-0 (4/4)

70 Points
Mohican River Tribe: 0-2 (3/3, 1/3)

75 Points

80 Points
Erevan Sunshadow: 0-1 (5/5)

90 Points
Feral Troll: 0-1 (7/8)

In the parenthesis, red denotes a loss and green denotes a win. The fraction is how much life/how many figures were remaining, not how many were killed. For example, in the Phantom Knights playtests the red "3/3" means that the Phantom Knights won with all 3 squad members remaining. A green, high number is best while a red, high number is worst.
All right. All data accounted for.
Old July 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
60 Points
Shiori: 1-0 (4/4)

70 Points
Mohican River Tribe: 0-2 (3/3, 1/3)

75 Points

80 Points
Erevan Sunshadow: 0-1 (5/5)

90 Points
Feral Troll: 0-1 (7/8)

In the parenthesis, red denotes a loss and green denotes a win. The fraction is how much life/how many figures were remaining, not how many were killed. For example, in the Phantom Knights playtests the red "3/3" means that the Phantom Knights won with all 3 squad members remaining. A green, high number is best while a red, high number is worst.
I'd say that we can narrow it down somewhere between 70 and 80. Probably closer to 80 since 4 victories from the 70 point pool was against squads with Bonding, which means when fighting solo they aren't at their full point potential.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum