Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 23rd, 2015, 12:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

So you have Warfighter? Just the base set? What are you trying to avoid buying David?

When I bought it, I also got the first 2 expansions to add more equipment, action cards, locations, missions, objectives etc. I recently got the 3rd expansion and that's pretty cool too.

I didn't get in on the Footlocker kickstarter, as I figured I'd wait for it to come to retail and get it when I have the money freed up for it and not committed to other games. Besides, I still have so much replayability with Warfighter and the 3 expansions. So many soldiers to try and combos of equipment.
Yes, I purchased it and all available expansions at the time when it hit retail. I have this compulsive urge to purchase complete sets of anything, which is why expansions hit my weak spot.

There was a classical music CD series produced by RCA Victor called the Basic 100 series. I faithfully purchased everything released up to around 71, but couldn't locate #40 to save my life. I put my CDs in a big zippered CD binder, and that gaping hole in my case drove me nuts! I eventually located #40, but also discovered 73-75. So now I plugged #40, but now I have a big hole in #72!!! AAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!

BTW - they never did complete the entire series of 100 CDs. I think I'm over it now.

tl;dr: I have personal problems.
Hello my name is G-O and I am a completionist. HELLO G-O!
I'm glad I don't have that affliction.

I have buddies that are like that, and man it cost them a lot of money. One of them just hit us (on our group's FB page) up to see if anyone wanted to go in on an order from Portal games in Poland to save on shipping. It's basically for promos for games like Robinson Crusoe, Imperial Settlers and others from Portal. Though I don't have the "affliction", I caved and went in for 4 promo tiles for Imperial Settlers that cost $6 and then my share of the $28 in shipping will be just $3. But still, I will be spending $9 on four promo tiles that I really didn't need.

So while I'm not a full blown nutjob like some others in this regard, I have my moments, but I have to be strong at certain times to not be influenced by my nutjob friends and their "problem".

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 23rd, 2015, 03:33 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I buy more expansions than new games these days, the titles of which I've already mentioned here recently...
Old June 23rd, 2015, 03:36 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I have to be strong at certain times to not be influenced by my nutjob friends and their "problem".
You're talking about this thread, right?
Old June 23rd, 2015, 03:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
I have to be strong at certain times to not be influenced by my nutjob friends and their "problem".
You're talking about this thread, right?
Some of my gaming group buddies that have to have everything.

Old June 23rd, 2015, 03:47 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I guess I needed a
Old June 23rd, 2015, 03:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I guess I needed a
I didn't want to offend my buddies here by calling them nutjobs

My gaming buddies and I always give each other hard times and stuff, but it's easier to do face to face where emoticons aren't needed

Old June 24th, 2015, 01:55 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm a little behind, but I played a few games recently. Last Saturday, a local comic shop had another Dice Masters hybrid draft tournament, so I played 5 games of Dice Masters. I lost one match, so I didn't win the tournament, but I did well enough to earn the promo cards, which is always cool.

Yesterday, my family and I played some light games after dinner. We started off with Uno, followed by Bears!, which is a quick, light dice game. We then played Monopoly Empire, which was actually pretty fun, as Monopoly goes. It is a much shorter game, with a lot of take-that and stealing each other's properties. My wife ruthlessly beat us all. We ended the night playing Sushi Go. My family enjoys this drafting game so much that I keep dropping hints about progressing to 7 Wonders...

And @Dad_Scaper may be happy to know that ever since he showed me how to play it, I've been extremely interested in Race For the Galaxy. Over the last week, I've played 3 or 4 solo games with the actual cards, over a dozen games on my PC against the keldon AI, and I even registered on BoardGameArena, playing 5 or 6 games against other humans (they go way too fast for me on BGA, though).
Old June 24th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Curious George's Beach Discovery Game.

I've played worse.
Old June 24th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Curious George's Beach Discovery Game.

I've played worse.
Like Cardcaptors: Challenge of the Clow Spirits Game? Because it's on my trade list, has been for ages. Strangely, nobody's expressed interest.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 26th, 2015, 05:50 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Kemet-Ta Seti (Expansion #1) will be demo'd at Gencon, and out at Essen. The new box cover is just up on bgg, and the start of the flow of information on the new set, including hints at a mysterious city to the south, and an arduous path to get there...
Old June 26th, 2015, 06:07 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Resistance: Hostile Intent. Played this when I was at Young Life camp for the second time (and the first time with more than 5 people). The new characters are very nice additions. They weren't hard to learn and the two games we played (one with Chiefs and one with Reversers) were insane!
Old June 26th, 2015, 07:39 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played Cat & Chocolate as well as The Walking Dead last night.

Looking forward to 3 Dicemasters tourneys tomorrow!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games