Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 4th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sports: NFL

For NFL fans without playoff teams to worry about ... man ... does anybody else really want their team to draft Sammy Watkins? I know I do!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 4th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For NFL fans without playoff teams to worry about ... man ... does anybody else really want their team to draft Sammy Watkins? I know I do!
<deadpan>
A Lions fan wants a first round WR...? I'm... shocked.
</deadpan>

~Aldin, thinking that's half of how they got in this mess in the first place

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:25 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
<deadpan>
</deadpan>

Points for being suuuuuper original.

The problem with all of those draft picks wasn't that they were WRs, it's that they were busts. Oh, and also that we didn't have a franchise QB. Personally, I think it's too early to give up on Stafford. But when Calvin went down this year for the Green Bay game, it showed how rough our offense, particularly at WR, can get without Megatron around. Adding another playmaker at WR makes about as much sense as any position we can draft in the top ten, IMO.

Our other biggest weakness on paper is CB, and we've still got four of those we drafted in the past two drafts on the roster. Rather than throwing another rookie in the mix, I'd love to see how Slay, Bentley, Green, and Greenwood continue to develop, and add in a decent vet to mix it up with Houston and Mathis (if Mathis is retained). Some help at safety would be nice too, but with Delmas and Quin solid starters on paper at least, I don't mind going slightly more developmental there, and honestly I don't think the safety from Bama is worth a top 10 pick, so the 2nd round or after is better for that anyway.

Feel free to offer alternate suggestions about how the Lions clean up our "mess," but please feel free to specify which mess you mean in the process, because the roster is extremely different now from the one that went 0-16 several years back and at the same time is still very much a part of the franchise that's struggled for 50+ years (even when they weren't drafting WRs high, believe it or not!).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 4th, 2014, 10:53 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Panthers need a WR bad. Watkins would be great, but he'll be gone by the time the last pick comes around. Bruce Ellington is who I'm hoping for.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 4th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Saints need a left OT.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 4th, 2014, 11:46 AM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Watkins will end up in Cleveland. With Hoyer back from injury, and a 1-2 punch in Gordon and Watkins, the Browns will finally have the explosive offense they need.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old January 4th, 2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
Watkins will end up in Cleveland. With Hoyer back from injury, and a 1-2 punch in Gordon and Watkins, the Browns will finally have the explosive offense they need.
Is Hoyer really the answer, though? I wouldn't be shocked to see Cleveland taking a QB.

Old January 4th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going to wear a brown bag over my head with my Vikings jerseys if they don't sort out this discrimination issue with Kluwe soon.

The same applies to the scenario in which we draft Manziel. He's nothing but trouble.
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:29 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't see why the Lions wouldn't go with Watkins; f you look at their roster you'd think they were a playoff team. As far as I can tell they really only need a new coach to be competitive.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
<deadpan>
</deadpan>

Points for being suuuuuper original.

The problem with all of those draft picks wasn't that they were WRs, it's that they were busts. Oh, and also that we didn't have a franchise QB. Personally, I think it's too early to give up on Stafford. But when Calvin went down this year for the Green Bay game, it showed how rough our offense, particularly at WR, can get without Megatron around. Adding another playmaker at WR makes about as much sense as any position we can draft in the top ten, IMO.

Our other biggest weakness on paper is CB, and we've still got four of those we drafted in the past two drafts on the roster. Rather than throwing another rookie in the mix, I'd love to see how Slay, Bentley, Green, and Greenwood continue to develop, and add in a decent vet to mix it up with Houston and Mathis (if Mathis is retained). Some help at safety would be nice too, but with Delmas and Quin solid starters on paper at least, I don't mind going slightly more developmental there, and honestly I don't think the safety from Bama is worth a top 10 pick, so the 2nd round or after is better for that anyway.

Feel free to offer alternate suggestions about how the Lions clean up our "mess," but please feel free to specify which mess you mean in the process, because the roster is extremely different now from the one that went 0-16 several years back and at the same time is still very much a part of the franchise that's struggled for 50+ years (even when they weren't drafting WRs high, believe it or not!).
I agree Bats. We really need another WR to take the pressure off of Johnson. Our DBs are not that bad and if the D-line ever lives up to their talent level, the DBs do not really need to be any better.
I would like to see us get deeper across the board. A player or two that could play multiple positions could go a long ways for filling in for injured players. I do not think we are that far from a solid playoff team.
I just pray the next coach lights the fire. It has been cold for so very long.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 4th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sheesh, Bats, just a little chain yanking...

As a guy who has watched his team go through a receiving nightmare this year, I have a lot of sympathy for you wanting someone to take the heat off Megatron. Still, hard not to remember 4 first round WRs in 5 years. I will admit that y'all stopped doing it once you found a guy that's actually good.

~Aldin, conflicted over whether he wants the Niners to get a CB or a WR (even though they'll probably go with someone to play in the trenches)

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 4th, 2014, 08:35 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
Is Hoyer really the answer, though? I wouldn't be shocked to see Cleveland taking a QB.
He won't ever be an elite quarterback. My hope is that he is serviceable when surrounded by a lot of talent. Maybe he could hit a level comparable to what Alex Smith is doing in KC.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland take a guy like AJ McCarron or Taj Boyd if either guy is around late first round when Cleveland picks again. But right now, I think a skill guy like Watkins could have a stronger overall impact on the team than a QB. But that's just me thinking. My gut tells me they will pick Johnny Football with the 4th overall.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV