Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 20th, 2022, 11:29 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

I did like that in the ToV interview with Chris he mentioned how Patrick was focused on collecting data. Since Haslab doesn't usually fund board games, Heroscape being only the second crowdfunded game for Haslab, they can try to "leverage data." Not sure how that data will be used considering they've said multiple times if it doesn't fund they won't make the game, I just thought it was interesting.
Old October 20th, 2022, 11:29 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I'm hoping they direct more resources to it. I think that may happen after the Ghost Rider campaign fails. I don't think they want three failed Haslabs in a row (Reva's Lightsaber, Ghost Rider, HeroScape) so hopefully they will pump up the advertising for HS or something.

The last successful Haslab was the GI Joe tank, and that one was probably not expected to do as well as it did. There is a bunch of stuff that shows Hasbro de-prioritizes GI Joe compared to their other brands.

Hasbro also had a really rocky 3rd quarter and their stock price is way down. The HS haslab is a drop in the bucket for them, but hopefully they invest a little more in it to try to reverse their direction.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/hasbro-...ok-1235148098/
Old October 20th, 2022, 11:43 AM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Someone shared another project (albeit Kickstarter), and I found myself interested in all the different buy-in/tiers that were offered, anything from as little as $25 to as much as $375, even though I wasn't interested in the product itself lol. Obviously it's not an apples comparison, but I really thought that Heroscape lent itself to the different diverse offerings with all the factions, generals, terrain, etc. Hasbro gathering data has been mentioned, and I think a decent data point would be in the different factions/tiers to show content creators which factions are more popular.

Two things really surprised me when the HasLab was first announced. The all-or-nothing buy in (though I agree it’s great value) and the number of backers. I have yet to find a person I have talked to in person that has heard of Heroscape, so the 8000 backers seemed high to me initially.

Reeaaally want this to succeed though…
Old October 20th, 2022, 11:45 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I didn't realize the lightsaber campaign was that recent.

I hate to see heroscape get thrown into the vault for another decade at least because a reboot was attempted during a low period for Hasbro and the economy in general. It's certainly giving Heroscape an unfair showing of it not being possible to officially exist again.

And I'm not sure what exact data they can collect that isn't information from direct purchasers without it being unreliable, trollish at times social media comments, and how it can be used in the future if this is one and done. I'd hate for this to be an experiment for Haslabs in the future at this point. In the least negatively judgmental sounding way possible, it might be better to focus on direct current marketing right now.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; October 20th, 2022 at 12:15 PM.
Old October 20th, 2022, 08:56 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

There is some online event on Pulse for premium members on 10/27. Hopefully HeroScape gets mentioned during it.
Old October 20th, 2022, 08:58 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm really excited about the new video that dropped today. On a channel about Warhammer lore! With 127k subscribers!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 20th, 2022, 09:13 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I'm really excited about the new video that dropped today. On a channel about Warhammer lore! With 127k subscribers!
Gonna watch it later tonight, but more marketing secret weapons like that is helpful for sure. If like 5% of those subscribers buy in, we're good. Definitely a shot at gaining some momentum.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 20th, 2022, 10:40 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd be less critical of the master set being $250 all in, if they also offered common figure packs on the side at around $25. That way, someone could add $100 to their existing collection without dropping $250 in one purchase.
I can understand not making the trees and ruins a side purchase, because I'm sure there are plenty of people who would drop their 3rd vanguard copy in order to add only more trees and ruins for a cheaper price (even if it might be the decent thing to offer that), but a smaller set that is ancillary to the vanguard could satisfy both people who already backed the main set and those who have not. Its unlikely that someone would only buy $250 of common figures instead of just jumping into the main set.
This would avoid their fear of disappointing people who purchased a $100 crappy version of the master set, since people wouldn't be expecting it to be anything other than an add on to either the vanguard or an existing collection. Some of the more weary heroscape players who haven't backed might have been willing to instead purchase a few squads to try out
Old October 21st, 2022, 07:30 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Add-ons would be huge for this campaign. They’re typically not available until you pledge at the base level anyway, so maybe you lose a few extra all-in purchases but the all-in is still the better value and it’s a net positive in all the extra add-ons sold. Especially if it was terrain add-ons. Extra terrain would sell like crazy and could help increase the print runs to bring down cost.

I know it’s not happening. I think they’re sitting on something big but have tied their own hands (speaking of the corporate Hasbro not the actual designers and lovers of the game at Avalon Hill.)
Old October 21st, 2022, 04:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Add-ons would be huge for this campaign. They’re typically not available until you pledge at the base level anyway, so maybe you lose a few extra all-in purchases but the all-in is still the better value and it’s a net positive in all the extra add-ons sold. Especially if it was terrain add-ons. Extra terrain would sell like crazy and could help increase the print runs to bring down cost.

I know it’s not happening. I think they’re sitting on something big but have tied their own hands (speaking of the corporate Hasbro not the actual designers and lovers of the game at Avalon Hill.)
I just checked this thread out a bit. You realize the "low hanging fruit" is the people that just dove in and bought multiple sets, not the people that they are having to work to convince to buy the product. Low hanging fruit usually means easy, easy to aquire, easy to persuade. Just gave me a laugh. So technically, the people that bought it the earliest are the low hanging fruit. It doesn't have any good feels to it being called that though does it. I've thought about picking this up, but the bottom line is that I don't need any terrain. I generally play it gridless heroscape when it comes up and I have a whole room of wargaming terrain. I've 3d printed whatever terrain I wanted to play on. If they had a lower tier with the models and just basic terrain for a bit cheaper. I'd consider it more. I guess I'm spoiled to printing whatever terrain and models I want so this big set with a bigger price tag isn't as appealing. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad price for what it is, I just don't need or want all of it, and they don't offer selection. If they wanted to make alot of money, they'd do a 100 dollar buy in, and add a bunch of stuff as add-ons. Then all the scapers that want 15 terrain sets could do it in separate add-ons, and they would have more overall people jumping in. Until I hear something along those lines, I won't buy it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 21st, 2022, 04:35 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

I just checked this thread out a bit. You realize the "low hanging fruit" is the people that just dove in and bought multiple sets, not the people that they are having to work to convince to buy the product. Low hanging fruit usually means easy, easy to aquire, easy to persuade. Just gave me a laugh. So technically, the people that bought it the earliest are the low hanging fruit. It doesn't have any good feels to it being called that though does it. I've thought about picking this up, but the bottom line is that I don't need any terrain. I generally play it gridless heroscape when it comes up and I have a whole room of wargaming terrain. I've 3d printed whatever terrain I wanted to play on. If they had a lower tier with the models and just basic terrain for a bit cheaper. I'd consider it more. I guess I'm spoiled to printing whatever terrain and models I want so this big set with a bigger price tag isn't as appealing. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad price for what it is, I just don't need or want all of it, and they don't offer selection. If they wanted to make alot of money, they'd do a 100 dollar buy in, and add a bunch of stuff as add-ons. Then all the scapers that want 15 terrain sets could do it in separate add-ons, and they would have more overall people jumping in. Until I hear something along those lines, I won't buy it.
I'm interested in getting a 2nd set for just terrain, if you want just figures maybe we can talk. Won't decide on it till close to the end though (I'm already in for my 1st full set)
Old October 21st, 2022, 04:40 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

Exactly. I’m with you on the missed opportunity for how to set this up to try and get the most of each backer with add-ons and a lower starting tier.

My low hanging fruit comment wasn’t meant to be derogatory toward anyone. They admitted they know they are eliminating a demographic by not having a lower buy in option and they decided that was ok. I think that’s a mistake when you have limited reach and a smaller fan base. You need everyone you can get. The low hanging fruit I was referencing are the ones who would pay less for less.

I don’t think of those dropping $500-1000+ as low hanging fruit but I get your point too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion