Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Whose Abilities should we use?
johnny139's! 8 34.78%
Messenger's! 2 8.70%
Rich10's! 2 8.70%
GeneralGrievous13's! 2 8.70%
Aldin's! 9 39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 21st, 2009, 08:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Create-A-Unit 2: Part 7.5 - Final Card Discussion

As continued from PART 5...

Alright, our figure's almost complete - mechanically, at least. Now we just have to tack on some Abilities! So far our Lawman has the following spread...

Quote:
Lawman Support Hero - Fights for Aquilla
Human, Unique Hero, Lawman, Relentless
5 Life, 5 Move, 8 Range, 3 Attack, 2 Defense
...so, take that into account, look over the following submissions, and make your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
POSSE!: When you reveal an Order Marker on <UNIT>, instead of taking a turn as usual, you may move OR attack with up to two Lawmen you control.

QUICK DRAW!: If a Lawman you control within 6 clear sight spaces of <UNIT> would be dealt damage, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all damage and place a wound marker on the unit dealing the damage.

DEPUTY!: At the start of the game, you may choose a medium Unique Hero you control. For this game the chosen card is a Lawman, regardless of what is listed on the card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Quickdraw
When Hero is targeted by a normal non-adjacent attack, roll one combat die. If a skull is rolled treat this as one unblockable wound on the targeting figure. If the targeting figure is destroyed, remove it from the game before it attacks.

Cover Fire
If Hero inflicts one or more wounds on an opponent’s figure, you may move one Lawman you control who is within 8 clear sight spaces of Hero up to 4 spaces. You cannot use Cover Fire to move Hero.

The Quick and the Dead
When Hero is destroyed you may move any unrevealed order markers on this card to any Lawman you control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Round up the Posse! - Instead of taking a turn with _____, take a turn with any two lawmen you control.

Deputize - As soon as an order marker is revealed for _____, he can deputize one unique human hero within 5 clear sight spaces to be a lawman. The deputized hero can take turns under Round up the Posse!. This deputized hero may not cause any other figure to move or take a turn while deputized. The hero remains deputized for the remainder of the round. _____ may deputize a new hero in future rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Posse: When you reveal an order marker on <UNIT>, instead of taking a normal turn with <UNIT>, up to three figures you control may move or attack. All moves must be completed before any figures may attack. Only Lawmen and Deadeye Dan may be activated by this ability.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13 View Post
Protect and Serve: When any friendly figure that is within 6 clear sight spaces of <UNIT> is about to be attacked and the attacking enemy figure is within 8 clear sight spaces of <UNIT>, roll the 20-sided dice. If 1-12, nothing happens. If 13 or higher, the enemy figure's turn ends and <UNIT> may attack the enemy figure with a normal attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I'm going to ease up the restrictions just a bit. Here's my official submission:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posse!
Instead of taking a turn with Joe Bob, move all Lawmen within four clear sight spaces (including Joe Bob) up to five spaces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootout!
Instead of taking a turn with Joe Bob, all Lawmen within four clear sight spaces (including Joe Bob) may attack with either their normal or special attack (they may not move or use special abilities).
...little late today, so the poll will last three days - until Sunday night - but I won't update officially with the next part (Cost Discussion) until Monday.

EDIT: Alright, time for the next round! Aldin's Abilities have won out - which is good, because it was probably my second choice - so, here's our unit so far...

Quote:
Lawman Support Hero - Fights for Aquilla
Human, Unique Hero, Lawman, Relentless; from Earth
5 Life, 5 Move, 8 Range, 3 Attack, 2 Defense
Posse! - Instead of taking a turn with <UNIT>, move all Lawmen within four clear sight spaces (including <UNIT>) up to five spaces.
Shootout! - Instead of taking a turn with <UNIT>, all Lawmen within four clear sight spaces (including <UNIT>) may attack with either their normal or special attack (they may not move or use special abilities).
Now we'll try and hammer out the cost, and then we'll try and get a "final draft" of our Hero, before we start to tag on figures and names and such. Three days, methinks. Three days.

EDIT2: Alright, that's over... I guess? Whatever. Now we should hammer out the final stats and all that. Does anyone have problems with the wording? Do we all agree on a cost? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO PROPOSE ANY CHANGES YOU'D LIKE BEFORE OUR UNIT IS FINALIZED. SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PIECE.

I'll move forward in three days, as per usual; I think we work on figure suggestions, then?

Last edited by johnny139; May 28th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:47 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 6.5 - Abilities Poll

Hmm, this was a hard decision.

I like johnny139's DEPUTY! ability (even considering the ALL CAPS! )

I like Messenger's The Quick and the Dead and I REALLY like Quickdraw

I like Rich10's Round up the Posse.

I like GeneralGrievous13's Protect and Serve.

But in the end I had to vote for Aldin's combo. Neither ability really jumped out at me at first, but as I started to visualize a Posse of Lawmen marching shoulder to shoulder across the battlefield until they simultaneously erupted in gunfire, I knew that had to be my winner.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:49 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

I liked Rich 10's abilities best.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:00 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

I was going to go with Aldin at first, but then I saw the deputy power. Go johnny!
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Oh, I've been meaning to bring this up, but I kinda "visualized" all of my powers, for those who are interested.

POSSE! brings to mind The Magnificent Seven in their final fight scene - everyone ducking for cover, shouting for backup, working independently and yet at the same time as a single group. They cut from person to person often - usually someone is running and diving behind a wall or something, or popping up and shooting at the enemy. So I was going for the same feel here.

QUICK DRAW! is another classic - I imagine, say, Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan emptying his pistol on a baddy, then ducking down to reloud as a big, club-wielding brute swings gets ready to smash his head open. But right before he swings, the club high above his head, he grunts and falls backwards, Lee Van Cleef putting a bullet in the back of his head. Johnny shouts back - "I owe ya one!" - while Cleef smirks at him and turns back to the fight. I absolutely needed something like that.

DEPUTY! makes me think of a pre-combat situation. Things are down to the wire and backup is gone - Cleef looks through some binoculars at the field in front of him. A line of troops marches across a desert wasteland, hundreds of soldiers ready to spill his blood. He ducks down and takes a swig of whiskey, then turns to someone beside him - Shiori, let's say. He sighs, glances over at her, and tosses her a badge. "Hey, kid - we're gonna need all the help we can get out there." It's a begrudging acceptance they've gained after months picking at Utgar's advancing forces and it's that soft, calm-before-the-storm scene all good cowboy movies have.

So, yeah. Very cinematic character, methinks - but virtually all of the options and all of the cowboys are.
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:24 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I like all the suggestions, but Jonny's really stood out for me. Wish I would have found this stuff sooner.
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:26 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If we want to give the lawman bonding, we have to consider that the number of lawmen is limited. That's why I included Deputize. Considering what Deputize would look like in a game, I can see Carr, Skahen, Drake, Alastair MacDirk, ... as deputized lawmen going after Krug, Cyprien, or the Marro. Although I tried, I can't see Cyprien, NGS, Deathwalker 7000, Kee-Mo-Shi, Ornak, Sudema, ... as Deputies working with the lawmen. It might look comical, but I just can't suspend disbelief enough. That's why I limited Deputize to humans.

I like the idea of Quick Draw. I think I was the first (or one of the first) to propose it. I like Protect and Serve too. The problem that I see is that this may make our lawman too powerful. If we let them move as a group of ranged figures, I don't see how we can prevent them from being attacked from range at a reasonable cost.

Those were some of my thoughts. Vote for the abilities you like best. Please also keep in mind that if we're not careful, we'll have a 200+ point lawman.
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:20 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I like Johnny's the best, other than one thing. I think Deputy shouldn't be there. Moving Cyprien/Kaemon AND another cowboy seems overpowered... It's a cool idea, but I think it's too much.

And the card would be a bit cluttered...
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I like Johnny's the best, other than one thing. I think Deputy shouldn't be there. Moving Cyprien/Kaemon AND another cowboy seems overpowered... It's a cool idea, but I think it's too much.

And the card would be a bit cluttered...

I was thinking more along the lines of Cyprien. Besides, johnny has another power up there where your main lawman can save another from taking wounds.
BTW: I went with Aldin's ability set.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
DEPUTY!: At the start of the game, you may choose a medium Unique Hero you control. For this game the chosen card is a Lawman, regardless of what is listed on the card.
Awww . . . . You went with Medium hero (not Medium or smaller?). Here I was hoping for Deputy Dünd.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:11 AM

whipmaster is surprisingly tart

Johnny's and Aldin's are both really good but I like Johnny's better so thats what I voted for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
YOU don't seem very good.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

I REALLY like Messenger's powers, except replacing The Quick and the Dead with some form of Deputize. Oh well, I voted for his anyways.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards