Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 8th, 2020, 02:30 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Design

Mindjacking on a 12 or better? Definitely will warrant a significant price bump.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 8th, 2020, 02:42 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Says 17 or higher, taken from Enslave.
Old May 8th, 2020, 04:18 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Overclock adds 5 to the roll. Even if he’s paying a wound for it, 12 is an easy roll to make. I’m not saying we can’t try it, just that we need to be really careful about it.

Also, to differentiate Mindjack from Enslave, I suggest we simply only allow hijacking enemy heroes, not squads. I always thought it was weird how NGS Mindshackled all of the Airborne Elite with a single use.

Allowing Mindjacking Mind Flayers is not different enough for Tetsuo’s version of Enslave, imo. I figured that was already a given lol.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 8th, 2020, 01:11 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Why not reused Enslave but increase to like Enslave 15 or Enslave 12 - still same power text as all that is changed is the #, and keeps CXURG'GYATH synergy. Overclock could still be used for attack then.
Old May 8th, 2020, 02:57 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Overclock adds 5 to the roll. Even if he’s paying a wound for it, 12 is an easy roll to make. I’m not saying we can’t try it, just that we need to be really careful about it.

Also, to differentiate Mindjack from Enslave, I suggest we simply only allow hijacking enemy heroes, not squads. I always thought it was weird how NGS Mindshackled all of the Airborne Elite with a single use.

Allowing Mindjacking Mind Flayers is not different enough for Tetsuo’s version of Enslave, imo. I figured that was already a given lol.
Oh hell, I didn't see that I'd pasted the wrong version of OVerclock, my bad. One sec
Old May 8th, 2020, 03:00 PM

NEURAL OVERCLOCK
When Tetsuo Tyrell attacks, you may add 2 Attack number. If you do, at the end of Tetsuo's turn place 1 wound marker on this card.

MINDJACK
When revealing an order marker on Tetsuo, after taking his turn, you may choose any enemy Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.
Old May 9th, 2020, 04:01 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Throw me in the camp of wanting to differentiate the power from Enslave if we use it, if only so we can easily justify keeping Mind Jack or another similarly flavorful name for the theme we’re going for here.

Some possibilities: Enslave for opponent’s figures only, but they receive a wound at the end of the turn. Enslave that can affect any unique army card, not just heroes, similar to how Mindshackle functions.
Shaolin/Whirlwind/Master's Assault don't much care about powers needing to be different to have a different name. It's not my favorite precedent, but it's there.

I'm not sure I like the idea of affecting Unique Squads or not. Could be a fun twist, but that extends his reach to literally every card in AotP.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 9th, 2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

I'm not sure I like the idea of affecting Unique Squads or not. Could be a fun twist, but that extends his reach to literally every card in AotP.
Yeah, I'm not sure I like it either. Let's keep it close to Enslave - even if just for the ease of editing and R&Cs. That's a whole other kettle of fish we shouldn't open.
Old May 12th, 2020, 11:17 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
MINDJACK
When revealing an order marker on Tetsuo, after taking his turn, you may choose any enemy Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.
Quote:
Enslave 17:
When revealing an order marker on this Mind Flayer Mastermind, after taking this Mind Flayer Mastermind's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this Mind Flayer Mastermind. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card. Enslave does not affect Mindflayers.
So is the only difference between MINDJACK as proposed and Enslave that you cannot MINDJACK your own figures (but you can do Mindflayers)? If so that IMHO is a lame change - either make the power more differentiated (unique squads) or just reuse Enslave (again also provides more synergy with Mind Flayer Mastermind & Cxurg'gyath (who need all the help they can get). Not my design team, just a suggestion.
Old May 12th, 2020, 11:49 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I have no problem with renaming Enslave to Mind Jack if it fits the theme better, even if we weren't changing anything. The only loss is that Cxurg'gyath's Enslave Enhancement wouldn't work, which isn't something that should dictate the design.

If we're limiting it to only opposing figures and removing the Mindflayer immunity, then even better. Let's avoid Mind Jacking Unique Squads unless absolutely needed.

I'm pretty concerned about these powers together, though:
Quote:
OVERCLOCK
Before attacking with Tetsuo Tyrell, you may place a wound marker on this Army Card to add 2 to his Attack value.

MIND JACK 17
When revealing an order marker on Tetsuo, after taking his turn, you may choose any opponent's Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.
There's no interaction between the powers anymore with this iteration, which I fear will make Tetsuo feel much more one-note and boring. I'm willing to test this version to see if these concerns are true, but it looks like it's missing the tension that drove the design.
Old May 12th, 2020, 12:05 PM

Ketchupgeek is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I have no problem with renaming Enslave to Mind Jack if it fits the theme better, even if we weren't changing anything. The only loss is that Cxurg'gyath's Enslave Enhancement wouldn't work, which isn't something that should dictate the design.

If we're limiting it to only opposing figures and removing the Mindflayer immunity, then even better. Let's avoid Mind Jacking Unique Squads unless absolutely needed.

I'm pretty concerned about these powers together, though:
Quote:
OVERCLOCK
Before attacking with Tetsuo Tyrell, you may place a wound marker on this Army Card to add 2 to his Attack value.

MIND JACK 17
When revealing an order marker on Tetsuo, after taking his turn, you may choose any opponent's Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.
There's no interaction between the powers anymore with this iteration, which I fear will make Tetsuo feel much more one-note and boring. I'm willing to test this version to see if these concerns are true, but it looks like it's missing the tension that drove the design.
Could Tetsuo get a bonus to the mind jack for each wound he has? Or if he has a certain number?
Old May 12th, 2020, 03:30 PM
I could go

Few quick notes:
Still not a fan of mindjacking squads.
I don’t really care about Cxurg’gath synergy one way or another. He already sucks, and Tetsuo isn’t likely to make him any better.
The higher we crank the roll for Mindjack/Enslave, the higher his points are going to be. I don’t think it will be any fun to play with a guy who can steal your heroes half the time anyway.
I can see how there’s no tension between the two powers. While I don’t think there’s a major need, I can see how it makes Tetsuo cooler.
I can agree with Overclock adding 2 to the d20 roll. We still need to watch it though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs