Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 28th, 2013, 08:06 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Post

I really couldn't figure out what else to list his personality as... And if Aurora's already drafted, that kinda voids my Northstar design also. Oh well.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Now that I've got enough points to design again, I figure I'll get back into the designing end of things.

AMADEUS CHO

MINI:
Spoiler Alert!

BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = AMADEUS CHO

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Scientist
PERSONALITY = Brilliant
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 90?

ANALYZE WEAKNESS 13
When a friendly figure targets an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Amadeus Cho for a normal attack, if there is at least 1 Order Marker on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, all powers on the defending figure’s card are negated for that attack.

HEROES’ COMPANION
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero you control with the Super Strength special power. After revealing an Order Marker on the chosen hero’s card and taking a turn with that hero, you may take an immediate turn with Amadeus Cho. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

What I was going for here is to represent Cho as a sidekick style unit who isn't much of a fighter, but instead adds some "smarts" to your heavy hitter; negation seemed one of the best ways to represent his hyper-mind. He's fragile so you have to play him carefully, but with Analyze Weakness combined with a heavy hitter's attack, you can do some serious damage. I didn't really want to leave his bonding too wide open, but I couldn't think of a way to allow him to tag-along with both Hercules and Hulk, which he works with the most (at least to my knowledge of the character). I also wrestled with what class to give him, I considered Sidekick or Inventor as other options.

Thoughts?

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Viegon; January 29th, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that it looks like very solid design. It would probably get my vote.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, Analyze Weakness might have some timing issues in terms of which of the attacker's powers get nullified or not. It might be better to have it trigger during the "targeting" phase.

That said, I'm not sure the title really screams "defensive" power to me. If anything, it should be negating defensive powers, not offensive ones, based on the theme I associate with analyzing weaknesses.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That said, I'm not sure the title really screams "defensive" power to me. If anything, it should be negating defensive powers, not offensive ones, based on the theme I associate with analyzing weaknesses.
It does negate defensive powers. I agree on moving the activation to the targeting phase though.

I agree that the sidekick power should have a limit, but I'm not entirely sold on the SS restriction. I wonder if limiting it to Champions only (for Herc) wouldn't be best.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:04 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gotcha. It was the wording of the initial sentence that made me read it incorrectly. I think it should be in more of an active tense, such as "When you target an opponent's figure for an attack".

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2013, 11:00 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
It does negate defensive powers. I agree on moving the activation to the targeting phase though.

I agree that the sidekick power should have a limit, but I'm not entirely sold on the SS restriction. I wonder if limiting it to Champions only (for Herc) wouldn't be best.
Superstrength was because he was Hulk's companion first. I think V nailed that theme.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh, I get why he did it; thematically it makes sense, but mechanically it feels oddly restrictive yet too open to me. I'm more familiar with him as Hercules' sidekick, how long was he Hulk's? Would it be better to stick to one or the other instead of both?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Oh, I get why he did it; thematically it makes sense, but mechanically it feels oddly restrictive yet too open to me. I'm more familiar with him as Hercules' sidekick, how long was he Hulk's? Would it be better to stick to one or the other instead of both?
I think giving him more options would be the better way to go, restricting him to one of two figures is just not enough. If you did want to restrict it a bit, I would go with champion figures with super strength.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:41 AM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Thanks for the responses, guys. I updated the wording above, let me know if it sounds better. Stray thought: would “Hyper-Mind” work as a better power name than “Analyze Weakness”?

As to the bonding, I'd prefer to narrow it down, but I do want it to work with both Hercules and Hulk. We could do "choose a unique Creature or Champion hero you control". Would that be better?

Old January 29th, 2013, 11:00 AM

That wording for Analyze Weakness is clearer. If you want it to have such a wide scope as to affect even friendly figures, though, I wonder if you don't want to restrict it to normal attacks to minimize potential weirdness.

Old January 29th, 2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
That wording for Analyze Weakness is clearer. If you want it to have such a wide scope as to affect even friendly figures, though, I wonder if you don't want to restrict it to normal attacks to minimize potential weirdness.
Thought about that, but wasn't certain. I'll go ahead and do it though (it would subtly encourage Cho to be played with units like Hercules and Hulk who don't have SAs, which is a small plus).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy