Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 1st, 2018, 10:38 AM

WarBeast knows what's in an order marker WarBeast knows what's in an order marker
Best Heroscape-like App?

What is the closest thing to Heroscape you can find in the App store?
This is for my phone, to play on the road, etc...
I just want an actual App I can download and something similar to this game.
Thanks
Old May 1st, 2018, 11:07 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Best Heroscape-like App?

Good question. I'd like to know too.

I haven't gone looking, but the Summoner Wars app is probably a contender. (And is a way to play a cool game made by a Heroscape designer in an app in any case.)
Old May 1st, 2018, 12:30 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

BattleLore: Command, which I hear recreated Battlelore/Command & Colors boardgame pretty well. Hex-based, turn-based battle simulation that is close to Heroscape but a little more complicated as has spells/actions to move and attack more than just one unit at a time, but close enough, I hear.

I do second Summoner Wars, though I haven't played the app much, the card game is a great mix of Heroscape and CCG (many say even better than Magic:AotP).

HexWar Games looks like it has a bunch of knock-offs of Command and Colors, MechWarrior, and others that might fit the bill too.
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:49 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

BattleLore: Command is great. It's nowhere near as deep as HeroScape, but it's light and fun.

Summoner Wars is great. The game really shines with the Second Summoners and Alliances; however, you'll still have fun with the app. It's a great game.
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:40 PM

WarBeast knows what's in an order marker WarBeast knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the suggestions. Going to try em all.
Old May 4th, 2018, 11:45 AM

sigmazero13 has disabled reputation

I should note that BattleLore: Command does have some noticeable differences between the board game in how some of the special abilities work, and the card play. That said, it's still a lot of fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion