Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 5th, 2007, 06:19 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER
can Kelda heal the Fortress Door? just curious.
Is the fortress door a wounded hero?

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old October 5th, 2007, 06:21 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su_Nan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER
can Kelda heal the Fortress Door? just curious.
Is the fortress door a wounded hero?
if the fortress door has wounds, can she?
Old October 5th, 2007, 06:23 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
The fortress door is a destructible object and not a hero.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:07 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker
Your comment implies that Kelda cannot heal and attack on the same turn. Why not? I don't see anywhere on the card that it says "instead of attacking". It says "before attacking."

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikkRikk
Your comment implies that Kelda cannot heal and attack on the same turn. Why not? I don't see anywhere on the card that it says "instead of attacking". It says "before attacking."

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Who's comment? Yes, she can heal and attack in the same turn.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:40 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikkRikk
Who's comment? Yes, she can heal and attack in the same turn.
I think he's referring to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior- Taking out a turn to not attack can prove costly, and Kelda’s stats aren’t up to par with other kyrie heroes.
On the few occasions I've used Kelda, I actually try to have her attack and heal during her turn. It puts her at risk, but I hate wasting a turn without an attack. Besides, with height her attack is just fine for taking out your average squaddie (she cut down a Krav one time after healing Crixus!), and if your opponent decides to attack her instead of your hero she just healed, she's served another purpose anyway.
Old April 7th, 2008, 02:16 AM

Lord3 has disabled reputation
As far as I can tell she's best as defense player in big games. Keep her back at the base, use Saylind to bail them out and heal them up.

i'd say 750 points+ is ideal but i've found her useful in smaller games as well.

It's like, the more Kyrie you draft the better they effect each other.

Offensively I'd put her with defense aura +2, offense aura +1, Saylind, and then choice hero.

I'd say I draft her at least 40 percent of the time.
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Kelda is great for goading an opponent into attacking you on your "home turf"...

There are times when it's preferred to have the enemy come to you, versus you going out to the enemy. To help facilitate this scenario, include Kelda in your army, along with Saylind and a Huge Beasty (Charos, Braxas, Jotun, etc...) and typically your opponent will be forced to rush his units to attack your Kelda/Saylind "field hospital" to end the madness of a regenerating dragon/giant/etc...

This allows you to maximize the effectiveness of an army of 4th Mass, Dead Eye Dan, Marro Hive/Stinger force, a Range-Enhancement-Pod utilizing Laglor and Vydar ranged units, and other synergized units better kept in close proximity that are more difficult to move out en masse.

Obviously this is best used in larger battles of 600+pts, but can really force an opponent to fight on a battleground of your choosing, whether it's around your starting zone, or by approaching a previously staged "ambush site" that gives you the tactical ground as the defender.

One thing your opponent CAN'T do is hang back while you heal up your wounded Big Guy... Usually this forces him/her to rush in one or two units to be (hopefully) shredded by your awaiting army. And if they choose to approach more cautiously, then that provides you time to heal... It's a win-win situation.

Kelda... Good for psychological warfare.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old June 1st, 2008, 03:59 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Amazingly Graceful

You wanna know what's graceful?
To see Kelda, Raelin, and Q10 take out 500 points of army.
That happened tonight with my army going against Guerillinator's kyrie-based force.

Sheesh, he never even activated Isamu or Nilfheim.
I tried - Lord knows I tried to deal with both Kryies first, but it just wasn't happening. I had two squads of 'Reavers and Stingers running about trying to do their best engaging and Stinging, but Realin's bonus and Kelda bopping about healing the two heroes was just too much.

I did have Syvarris in the back with my own Raelin outranging Q10, but I could not roll enough skulls to take Raelin out fast enough. my own Raelin died to Q10's onslaught and my Ninja (my own Isamu and NotNW) could not handle the double assault of Special Attacks.

I'm amazed what some of these figures can accomplish in G-nator's hand.
He's definitely a knack for this game. Played correctly and punctually, Kelda is just as huge of a pain to deal with as is Raelin.

Nicely done, Guerillinator.
That's twice now you've killed me with a healer.
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Kelda the Kyrie Warrior

Imagine if he used Sonlen as well.

Old June 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had great success using this Kelda army:

Kelda 80
Saylind 80
Raekin 80
Old Drake 110
Cyprien 150

(we were only using heroes, no squads)

I sent Cyprien out with Raelin in tow for defensive support. When he got about 3 or 4 wounds, I'd summon him back, and heal him up. If he targetted Raelin, same thing.

My opponent eventually made it to my side of the board and had finally killed off Drake and Cyprien (failed summon roll). I took out Carr, Kaemon, Raelin, and Alistair with only Crixus left to face. I put all three Kyries together with Raelin in the middle and he began attacking. Kelda would heal Raelin, then attack. He whiffed defense, bam - game over. As has been stated, the Kelda / Saylind combo is a good one if you can work it right.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 23rd, 2009, 01:10 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like Kelda alot better if rolling a one on the d20 just meant healing zero wounds. Its bad enough to waste a turn trying to heal a wounded hero and failing. Its mind boggingly worse to waste that turning killing off your own hero! I know its a long shot but still.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units