Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 14th, 2010, 06:11 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Welcome to the Custom Unit Forum. Please read me.

I recently made some custom figures, and you can see them on the link in my sig. Please comment to help improve/fix the cards. Hope you like them.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Hello there, thank you for posting this! I WILL read that link eventually.
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:16 AM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Also, um, how does one edit thread titles?
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
You can edit it in any post, but it one matters on the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Also, um, how does one edit thread titles?
Edit the first post and you will have the option to edit the thread title.
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM

I'm not seeing it. Can you please be more specific?
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:40 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
I'm not seeing it. Can you please be more specific?
Edit the first post and then press "Go Advanced", then it's the second line from the top under "Reason for Editing..."

Old February 12th, 2012, 04:24 PM

Thank you kind sir!
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:17 AM

BrandonD is surprisingly tart

Hey I have a question/suggestion, I think it is most apropos for this thread:

I've been playing heroscape for a little while and I'm very interested in these custom creations.

One of the best aspects of custom characters, in my opinion, is that they could not only bring new creatures into the game, but they can also bring the lesser-played characters back into play. There are a few characters that I tend to pick very often (like Cyprien or Krav Maga), and then others that are hardly ever chosen (like Obsidian Guards or Dund).

If it doesn't already exist, I'd like to recommend a thread entitled something like: "The least played heroscape characters" (I searched and was unable to find such a thread). People could chime in with characters that they personally own, but pretty much never play. Perhaps there could even be a survey, the percentage rankings would be a useful and handy reference.

This thread could be a good resource when designing new characters. If these new characters had bonding, for example, then I'd think those least-used characters would certainly be good candidates for the recipients of this bonding.

It seems a shame to have so many characters in the game and yet many of them seem to fall into disuse, because others are simply better overall for the point cost.

Anyway that's my suggestion, if such a thread/survey already exists then that is awesome (it would be extra awesome if you could post a link). Thanks for having this forum, I read it often!
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:06 AM

puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby!

BrandonD,

If you look in the Books of Heroscape, you'll see a Power Ranking for each unit. The units with lower power rankings, understandably, tend to be some that get less play and might be ones that people would like to see get a little love.

My own beloved-but-low-ranked Gorillinators, for example, got a welcome boost from the C3V custom Zaeus, and I for one am still most grateful.

My forgiveness if I'm pointing you to something you already know about, but I'm going to assume from your post count that you're perhaps not a forum regular.
Old March 30th, 2012, 07:53 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can check out these threads,

The Competitive Unit Congress takes some of the worst units and makes them better by changing they're stats and Powers a bit.

Heroscape: Legacy Changes the price on the worst units to make the more Viable.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old March 30th, 2012, 08:00 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

That is what we are doing in the C3V, we are creating fresh units that work within the Heroscape canon.

And the SoV votes on the best of the best Customs by Heroscapers to Unofficicially be included into the Heroscape canon.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:08 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

BrandonD,

I definitely agree with you about your comments about the advantages of how customs can bring new playability to more specialized and less drafted classic Scape units.

Over the years, many custom creators, site leaders, and contests have addressed this in their own way--unfortunately many of those threads have been buried due to the number of years this site has been around.
I do have to say, the biggest draw back to most previous attempts has been that the level of peer review and collaboration wasn't as thorough as the most up to date standards of the C3V and SOV. In the past, a lot of the units were a little too quick to be presented in a thread--though the quality of the units were still pretty good.

So this leads me to express my appreciation for the units created by the C3V, especially the testing process. Also, the books for each of these units do make the synergy connections you are looking for.
Also, another great benefit of the C3V units is that they are able to take into consideration of all official units, since (sadly) new official units by Wizards/Hasbro will no longer created (at least for now). All previous attempts of customs that could fill-in the gaps, or to flesh out lightly established army themes, needed to be revised, edited, or completely redisgned when newer Wizards/Hasbro units were released--this happened to me many of times.

So, like ZBeeblebrox, I highly suggest that you look at all of the C3V books, especially since the group also tries to choose miniatures that are usually more affordable and available for the average Scaper:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33402

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; March 2nd, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards