Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 28th, 2011, 04:51 AM

lorik Woo who?
Lorik's First Customs

Hello all,

I finally got a Heroscape master set!!! I've been looking around on the internet to find some more figures to use and noticed that alot of people are making customs. I have a few figures on the way and thought I would make some custom cards for them. I will paint the figures and add the images to the cards once they get here. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Newest
Spoiler Alert!

The Rest
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by lorik; June 1st, 2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM

lorik Woo who?
Re: Lorik's First Customs

Added a new custom today.

Lorik's Custom Units

<== Click me to help me grow
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:30 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I like these, but a unit that has 2 lives and 4 defense doesn't seem like a good bargain for 160 points. Maybe 120 or 130, though. But the phoenix is pretty well balanced stat-wise.
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:37 AM

lorik Woo who?

I'm pretty new to the game and haven't play tested any of this stuff yet but I thought maybe since it can keep coming back, 160 wouldn't be too much. I guess I would have to try it out a few times. Thanks for the feedback!

Lorik's Custom Units

Old June 1st, 2011, 02:32 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorik View Post

I will admit that I am not perfect at pricing a custom card, but a four man squad with Double Attack, Sneak Attack, and what is basically Phantom Walk with base move of 6 and attack and defense of 3 for only 60 points?! That is probably grossly underpriced. I would go with 120 with those stats and abilities for a three man squad.

Also instead of a four man squad how about making it a common or uncommon hero with an ability that allows it to bond with others of the same card. For instance something like Valadren Guard Teamwork, After revealing an Order Marker on this Valadren Guard, you may take a turn with two other Valadren Guards that you control.

Last edited by Super Bogue; June 1st, 2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Add suggestion about common/uncommon hero
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:15 AM

lorik Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
I will admit that I am not perfect at pricing a custom card, but a four man squad with Double Attack, Sneak Attack, and what is basically Phantom Walk with base move of 6 and attack and defense of 3 for only 60 points?! That is probably grossly underpriced. I would go with 120 with those stats and abilities for a three man squad.

Also instead of a four man squad how about making it a common or uncommon hero with an ability that allows it to bond with others of the same card. For instance something like Valadren Guard Teamwork, After revealing an Order Marker on this Valadren Guard, you may take a turn with two other Valadren Guards that you control.
I do like the hero suggestion. It's deffinately something worthwhile to consider. I'll look over this card again and see what adjustments I can make. The only thing I don't like about turning it into a hero is the fact that if I add Valadren Guard Teamwork I would pretty much have to lose one of the other abilities. I may drop a figure and add some points. hmmm. Decisions decisions.....

Possibly
3 man squad
Double Attack
Sneak Attack
Swift Movement

Move = 5
Atk = 3
Def = 2

100pts

Lorik's Custom Units

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:35 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

I do like the hero suggestion. It's deffinately something worthwhile to consider. I'll look over this card again and see what adjustments I can make. The only thing I don't like about turning it into a hero is the fact that if I add Valadren Guard Teamwork I would pretty much have to lose one of the other abilities. I may drop a figure and add some points. hmmm. Decisions decisions.....

Possibly
3 man squad
Double Attack
Sneak Attack
Swift Movement

Move = 5
Atk = 3
Def = 2

100pts
That does look a lot better. The base stats are the same as the Warforged Soldiers. Double Attack, Sneak Attack, and Swift Movement are definitely better than Warforged Resolve and Tactical Switch, so 100 points should be just about right.
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

To Bogue&Lorik:

Be careful about how heavy you price the guards. Although I prefer 90 points(I almost never find a common squad worth 100 or higher myself), 100 is a good price especially since you can pick up Warden 816 for another 90 to shoot their movement up to 7(on top of any other movement bonuses).

If you worried about the price being a tad too high, just try to drop the attack to 2. Sure double attack is strong but... try attacking with a mere 2 attack. The results are rarely pretty.

Note: For the sake of official-ness I would rename swift movement to Phantom Walk.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; June 5th, 2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: put a parenthesis in the wrong spot...
Old June 5th, 2011, 03:04 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Looks good although I think the Cockatrice should gain attack against the Basilisk, considering they are one of the few things able to kill a Basilisk. Also a Basilisk has no legs, so I'm thinking a limbless Mimring might work better, unless he's not supposed to be authentic. Also, do you have multiples of your repainted heroes?

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old June 6th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Valadren Guards- These guys are way underpriced at 60, but I don't think raising their points will help. At a higher point cost they'd be a lot more likely to completely fail or completely dominate.
I think the best solution is to leave everything the same and make them a 2 man squad. Then they'd be cheap enough to draft in more armies, and could still pack a good punch. Plus if you already have the figures, now you have twice as many squads as before.

Phoenix- This guy sucks for his points. At 160, he'd have to come back to life twice for me to feel like I got his value. Even then he's still kind of weak. For a figure who can rise back, you want to keep his points high, and I appreciate having him be easy to take down, so it's not so frustrating when he comes back. His special attack isn't too strong either, which is also good. It would not be very fun for a super powerful figure to come back. My best suggestion to easily fix him, would be to make his Rise easier to succeed. Maybe 16 or higher. My only concern then would be how many times he'd be able to come back in a single huge point game. You could add to Rise... "If you roll a 1, Phoenix may never roll for Rise again".

Omnicron Walker- He's Zetacron with 1 extra defense, and a little more mobility thanks to only being a 1 spacer for 30 pts. more. But he also bonds with small/medium soulborg squads. You need to check which squads those are, all of them are already worth putting an order marker on (as is Zetacron). Being able to do both in one go is too much. Deathreavers, Blastatrons (with Gladiatrons), Snipers, Repulsors. Ironically the only common soulborg squad who may not be overpowered with the boost is the only one that doesn't receive any help due to being large instead of small or medium, the Deathstalkers. Plus he's uncommon.
I don't really like what this guy adds and think he's too strong.

Mantikkue- I might bump up his points a little. The range on the poison spit makes him scarier than Sujoah.

Cockatrice- Seems ok.

My favorite by far was the Valadren Guards (as a 2 man squad).
The Phoenix would be my second, if he could Rise more reliably.
Both of the beast were ok.
The Omnicron Walker I didn't like.
Old June 7th, 2011, 05:34 AM

lorik Woo who?

Thanks everybody for the feedback. Honestly I've only been playing for a couple weeks and since I am the only person that has any heroscape my experiences thus far have been rather limited. I've been looking at other figures and I can see what you are saying about the Omnicron Walker. Right now the only figures I can use him with are the ones in RotV so it doesn't seem too powerful there. I am currently waiting on the figures to arrive in the mail for these customs so I can give em a go. And no I do not have additional re-paints (I don't even have the first batch yet lol)

Lorik's Custom Units

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards