Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Advice on custom point costs

I was wondering how do you cost Range. I am working on the Starspangled kid from DC. She has the ability to create force fields around herself or others, Fly and shoot out beems of energy. I am using Raelin Kyrie Warrior as a base. Most of the things ballance out except for two big advantages.

1 A ranged attack
2 her Defencive aura affects only her at 4 dice, or only adjacent figures not those 4 spaces away, at 3 dice.

The extra defence for her realy bumps up her survivability.

But what extra value is a ranged attack?

I know it should be big but that is one you did not cover. Some of the customs I have seen are just wanting some otherwise standard figure to have a ranged attack.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; July 30th, 2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Claraty
Old July 31st, 2009, 08:47 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Actually, in the article I mention that range is taken into account when judging three of a figure's attributes: Mobility, Offense and Survivability. Adding a ranged attack to a figure like Raelin would be BIG, since it would make order markers placed on her even more useful than they already would be.

I'd also add that Raelin might not be the best figure to use as a model for costing your custom, since she's widely considered one of the best figures in the game and probably a bit undercosted. I've heard 90-100 points thrown around as a fair cost for her, which sounds right to me.
Old July 31st, 2009, 03:41 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Actually, in the article I mention that range is taken into account when judging three of a figure's attributes: Mobility, Offense and Survivability. Adding a ranged attack to a figure like Raelin would be BIG, since it would make order markers placed on her even more useful than they already would be.

I'd also add that Raelin might not be the best figure to use as a model for costing your custom, since she's widely considered one of the best figures in the game and probably a bit undercosted. I've heard 90-100 points thrown around as a fair cost for her, which sounds right to me.
Yep I saw the mention of range, but nothing specific. I figured it would be huge. I did not know about the point cost complaints. However, I was just on the wrong side of a total smackdown were the new player took both Raelin's Difrent card and difrent names so he did not know} I figured what harm. UUURRRRGGG.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
Yep I saw the mention of range, but nothing specific. I figured it would be huge.
It is huge, huge enough that I think it should completely change which official figure you use as a basis for comparison. In other words, instead of comparing your Star-Spangled Kid to Raelin, you may want to use a flying ranged figure like Atlaga or Ulginesh.
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:47 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How the heck have I never read this thread before?!? Great read!
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
How the heck have I never read this thread before?!? Great read!
agreed very helpfull indeed!
Old February 19th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm pretty sure I linked this one in the Useful Tools for Custom Creators sticky. Not my fault if you guys don't read the links in the stickies.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 20th, 2010, 02:41 AM

Thanks again, Bats, for honoring my thread with a sticky.

Eclipse and Wolvie, thanks for the kind words. Glad you found it helpful.
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, a link in a sticky, but I did think it was a pretty darn good thread to put it in there.
And there are lots of other great threads in there too that everyone should check out!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:43 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This is a most useful matrix approach, that brings what some of us do subconsciously to the surface! Do you have a Telepathy Special Power?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
This is a most useful matrix approach, that brings what some of us do subconsciously to the surface! Do you have a Telepathy Special Power?
If only. No, all I did was write out what most of us seem to do out of instinct and a basic understanding of the game.
Old November 18th, 2015, 12:03 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Very helpful, helps a lot with comparing stats to other characters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations