Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 13th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Squirrel Girl (Playtesting Phase)

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Squirrel Girl

Army Test
Map: Mountain Spring
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Squirrel Girl (160), Luke Cage (190), Songbird (180), Iron Man Mk IV (250), Rhino (220)
Team 2 (1,000): Fantastic Four

Spoiler Alert!

-Fan 4 had bad luck, with Johnny failing to do much damage with Supernova, Reed getting Time Bombed, and Ben not doing well on a perfect 10 dice double attack Clobbering Time
-Was planning to keep Squirrel Girl in the back and having her unleash her SA at the end, but it ended up not being needed.

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Team 1 (800): Squirrel Girl (160), Captain America (C3G) (240), Bucky (60), Sharon Carter (90), Dum Dum Dugan (90), Donald Ferguson (160)
Team 2 (800): Nightwing (200), Cyborg (200), Starfire (210), Raven (190)

Spoiler Alert!

Both teams had fairly even rolls, but I'd say T1 got a few more lucky shots in.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: See below

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Squirrel Girl seems like the ultimate clean-up/closer unit. Let her charge up for most of the game and then let her unleash all at once. Unfortunately, in both of my games, her team had such a lead that she never really needed to come out to play. I just can't say much about her as is. She did take out Mr F in game 1, but that was just a lucky roll using her SA without removing any Squirrel Markers.
Here's my playtests. If it's okay, I might try to play another game tomorrow and write up the results for that, cause I don't feel like I ever really used her. Maybe playing her with Songbird in more of an active role? I'm going to look through the previous playtests too. Sorry these don't offer much actual data!
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Another game would be great! No one around here is ever going to turn down more testing data for a design they are working on. I was really surprised to see the results of that second game, I would not have thought Bucky/Dum Dum/Sharon would have lasted long vs. Titans Go! so I looked over the play by play results. Seems like Cyborg really let the team down there with several missed attack rolls, which actually isn't all that surprising to me as I feel he is the weak link on the Titans team.

Love the Nightwing, Raven, Starfire combo though and I use that core for a lot of play testing armies. So much so, I feel I run the team like a well oiled machine now, but I do recall when I first started playing the Titans I didn't feel they were anything too special. Boy was I wrong, it's just learning the ropes of what they do. Here are a few tips I've developed for anyone that's interested.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Yodaking; September 13th, 2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:15 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I don't usually include Cyborg in my Titan armies. When I go for a 1000 point army, I swap out him and Beast Boy for Red Robin and Superboy. (Or Superboy and Krypto and Speedy (Mia))
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, unfortunately things were not very squirrel-friendly in those games. But she did have some utility, taking out Reed and grabbing a Glyph (which is a good role for her with free movement). Definitely says to me that she's worth grabbing, at least. Thanks!
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:22 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Another game would be great! No one around here is ever going to turn down more testing data for a design they are working on. I was really surprised to see the results of that second game, I would not have thought Bucky/Dum Dum/Sharon would have lasted long vs. Titans Go! so I looked over the play by play results. Seems like Cyborg really let the team down there with several missed attack rolls, which actually isn't all that surprising to me as I feel he is the weak link on the Titans team.

Love the Nightwing, Raven, Starfire combo though and I use that core for a lot of play testing armies. So much so, I feel I run the team like a well oiled machine now, but I do recall when I first started playing the Titans I didn't feel they were anything too special. Boy was I wrong, it's just learning the ropes of what they do. Here are a few tips I've developed for anyone that's interested.

Spoiler Alert!
Thanks for the advice! All of that is really useful stuff. I was so close to replacing Cyborg with Mia Dearden and either Jesse Quick or spells for Raven, but I decided against it at the last moment. Silly me.

Luck was certainly on Team Squirrel's side in both games too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, unfortunately things were not very squirrel-friendly in those games. But she did have some utility, taking out Reed and grabbing a Glyph (which is a good role for her with free movement). Definitely says to me that she's worth grabbing, at least. Thanks!
Yeah man, I'll try to at least get in a little 600-pt mini-brawl tomorrow.

Having a glyph squatter is always useful.

Last edited by Yodaking; September 13th, 2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, I don't usually include Cyborg in my Titan armies. When I go for a 1000 point army, I swap out him and Beast Boy for Red Robin and Superboy. (Or Superboy and Krypto and Speedy (Mia))
Superboy is certainly a good pick for a Titans build. I haven't used Krypto yet but I know he bonds with Superboy so that seems like a good fit and Mia isn't bad at all for her points.

The OM reveal requirement on Beast Boy is too limiting for my tastes though since he can't change forms when taking a Titans Go! turn. Once that reeval update happens he'll get more love from me in a Titans build.

Red Robin I haven't found to be very effective for me. I do like the Smoke Pellets Utility Glyph for him in a Titans build. Really useful for keeping a wounded ally alive longer to keep boosting Starfire, while also moving them next to Raven so she can start healing them. I just can't give up a #ed OM for his Attack Plan and a single melee attack of 4 or two melee attacks of 3 doesn't do much for me. Is there something I'm missing with his card?
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Just A Head

Yeah, I’ve never felt like I “get” Attack Plan as a power. Is there a big strategic element I’m missing?

EDIT: Conversation continued in the hangout
Old September 14th, 2018, 08:58 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Interesting to see 2 games without Squirrel Girl doing much, as she was very active in both of my games. A lot of her value is in clean-up, but I found a playstyle of rushing forward in the early rounds with her and using those turns where both armies are just advancing and not attacking as free marker buildup to hopefully take out a key unit in the opponent's army.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 16th, 2018, 02:07 AM
Just A Head

Sorry this took longer than I said it would
Quote:

Army Test
Units: Team 1 (800): Squirrel Girl (160), Nick Fury (220), Iron Man (Stealth) (270) Scarlet Spiders (150)
Team 2 (800): TMNT

Spoiler Alert!
Wow, Squirrel Girl did real good here, basically decimating the opposing team. Once Iron Man died fairly early, she was the heavy hitter for her team. Sure there was some luck involved, but I could see her getting a bump of at least 10 points. It was really fun to have her leaping around tossing Squirrels at the enemy.

Let me know if there's anything else I need to do!
Old September 16th, 2018, 04:30 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Sorry this took longer than I said it would
Quote:

Army Test
Units: Team 1 (800): Squirrel Girl (160), Nick Fury (220), Iron Man (Stealth) (270) Scarlet Spiders (150)
Team 2 (800): TMNT

Spoiler Alert!
Wow, Squirrel Girl did real good here, basically decimating the opposing team. Once Iron Man died fairly early, she was the heavy hitter for her team. Sure there was some luck involved, but I could see her getting a bump of at least 10 points. It was really fun to have her leaping around tossing Squirrels at the enemy.

Let me know if there's anything else I need to do!

This feels hilariously accurate to how Squirrel Girl basically functions in the comics

Everyone thinks she's the weakest of the team she's on then she proceeds to be the one doing the most ass kicking

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old September 16th, 2018, 07:15 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Just noting that Squirrel Girl's team had a 100 point advantage there - the Turtles are 700 altogether.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 16th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Just noting that Squirrel Girl's team had a 100 point advantage there - the Turtles are 700 altogether.
Oh crap! For some reason I’ve always thought they were 800...guess another game is in order.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library