Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 5th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Map Database - 850+ Maps

Thanks GameBear. Hope you don't mind, but I took the data in your data base and put it in an Excel Pivot table:
Heroscape Maps Pivot Table v2.0

It is pretty basic. Just use the dropdown boxes to select how many of each set/expansion you want in the map and it will list the maps that match the criteria. Once you have the list, go to the data tab find the map and use the link to go to it.

Last edited by Retlaw; September 16th, 2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Updated to v2.0
Old September 5th, 2008, 09:25 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Thanks GameBear. Hope you don't mind, but I took the data in your data base and put it in an Excel Pivot table.
That's great! Link added to first post.
Old September 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is there a way to filter maps based on how many players there are? It seems like you should be able to do that, just by adding another field.
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Is there a way to filter maps based on how many players there are? It seems like you should be able to do that, just by adding another field.
That data could be added. The prospect of slogging through all the downloads again to find that information is not very appealing, but I can work on it. If anyone else wants to volunteer for the job, I am happy to grant access to the database.

I would probably just track 3-player maps (or maps that support more than 2 players), unless there was high demand for a more detailed breakdown. Thoughts?

Are there other additions people would like to see?
Old September 16th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

I saw that GameBear updated the database, so I have also updated the Excel pivot table worksheet. Link is still the same (in signature).
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:18 AM

eric.dunfee Woo who?

I too would like to be able to sort based on the number of players. Let me know what I can do to help.
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Ruler of the Damned

The problem with sorting by number of players is that you would have to go through all 870 (as of 09-16-08 ) maps to check to see how many players each map is. It would be very time consuming.

Also, I looked through first dozen or so maps (alphabetical sort) -- some don't have start zones marked and some of the larger ones can be played as 2 or 4 player maps. One of the 3-player maps was a 2 against 1 map and I'm sure other 3 players are free-for-alls. Unlike number of sets used, the number of players isn't always set(e.g., 2 or 4 players), and even when it is set; it can mean different things (3 player "free-for-all" or 2vs1).

Last edited by Retlaw; September 16th, 2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old September 16th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh well, thanks for trying.
Old September 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM

naps420 Woo who?

I love this! I just found the link to go there and was checking it out and I gotta say that you did a great job!
Old May 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Map Database - 900+ Maps

Just wondering if anything is going on with this - it's a great resource but it doesn't appear to have been updated in some time.
Old May 31st, 2009, 12:00 AM
The Silent Cartographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Just wondering if anything is going on with this - it's a great resource but it doesn't appear to have been updated in some time.
I have not been working on the database recently. Retlaw's Pivot Table utilizes the current data, and provides better search options than the database.

I am willing to revisit the database if there is interest. I suspended this project due to low perceived demand, and the development of an alternative. I do not know how frequently the Czech website gets updated; if it is actively maintained, then reviving this database does not seem worth the effort.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios