Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 19th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
"Imagine if Joss Whedon announced he was going to be making a new sci-fi TV show, with all the original Firefly cast in it -- but it wasn't going to be Firefly."
I'd invert that analogy: A new show set in the same 'verse but with none of the original cast.

Actually, I'd be pretty stoked about that.

Edit: After further reflection, you're original analogy is better.
Old October 19th, 2014, 01:29 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
You're way too optimistic about this. I am pretty sure the actual game (not the proto) will have nothing adaptable to Heroscape except the 5 heroes.

Could be a cool game for itself tho. But I don't see why it's a bigger news for Heroscape than any new pre-painted figures game (as precised in the interview it'll not even be a pre-painted game because only the 5 heroes will be painted).
This.

The game looks cool, I have to admit ! However, it is not Heroscape. And it won't bring back Heroscape ! I am excited to see those beautiful miniatures and this terrain, but it will have to be customized to be useable.
Old October 19th, 2014, 01:41 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Foudnzing: I really don't understand why this getting news is such a problem for you.

The fact this is getting so much news on Heroscapers is because those ARE Heroscape tiles in the mockup and video. Wouldn't have mattered what the game was, the instant a 'Scape fan saw those tiles and the similarities in the cards it was inevitable it would be posted to a Heroscape fan site. This game is out of print so I would think anything that brings traffic here is good.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 19th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Just because the squad figures are treated as uncommon does not make them incompatible with Scape. Their point costs will have to be adjusted accordingly.
What about (crazy idea) to just treat these as customs, to just inspire from the card and to not add new weird mechanics that do not adapt well with Heroscape.

Crazy idea, I know.

Just read at the Zombie's card power:
"When this squad is summoned target opponent reveals his hand to you."
In Heroscape there is no summoning no cards and no hand how the hell do you adapt this?

So obviously we'll have to tweaks some things and not take cards like they are. And while we are at it why don't we delete this multiple-life for squaddies thing?

Old October 19th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Just because the squad figures are treated as uncommon does not make them incompatible with Scape. Their point costs will have to be adjusted accordingly.
What about (crazy idea) to just treat these as customs, to just inspire from the card and to not add new weird mechanics that do not adapt well with Heroscape.

Crazy idea, I know.

In Heroscape there is no summoning no cards and no hand how the hell do you adapt this?

So obviously we'll have to tweaks some things and not take cards like they are. And while we are at it why don't we delete this multiple-life for squaddies thing?

Really, no summoning?
Iskra Esenwein, anyone?
Old October 19th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think, adaptation-wise, you'd replace and "hand" mechanics with Order Marker stuff. That seems like the equivalent "hidden resource," even if it's not a direct translation.

You could really split the "summoning" part between two cards. Put something like Iskra's power on the Planeswalkers, allowing them to summon any in-color squads, and a "[Color] Mana Creature" power that specifies that the squads start off the battlefield.

But I'm just spitballing. Should probably see how the actual rules work before trying to change them.
Old October 19th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Crazy idea, I know.

Really, no summoning?
Iskra Esenwein, anyone?
Congratz you know your Heroscape cards well.

Do you see any summoning related power on Liliana's card?
What I meant was obviously the summoning is a general mechanic in this game. This probably explains why all the squads figures are on the side of the board in most pictures: They're not summoned yet.

To me it's obvious that in this game the squads do not start on the battlefield an have to be summoned. Not like Heroscape at all where it's 2 cards over 3 hundreds...

So either you give some kind of summoning for every squad figure coming from this game (which is obviously very stupid) either you redesign the zombie card's (or maybe that would be too disrepectful to Craig the prophet I don't know ).

Anyway I don't know why I talk about this it would be quite awkward to do customs from squad figures as they're not ven painted...

Old October 19th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This will be interesting to watch. Not one I'll buy, but it'll be interesting.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 19th, 2014, 09:29 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Crazy idea, I know.

Really, no summoning?
Iskra Esenwein, anyone?
Congratz you know your Heroscape cards well.

Do you see any summoning related power on Liliana's card?
What I meant was obviously the summoning is a general mechanic in this game. This probably explains why all the squads figures are on the side of the board in most pictures: They're not summoned yet.

To me it's obvious that in this game the squads do not start on the battlefield an have to be summoned. Not like Heroscape at all where it's 2 cards over 3 hundreds...

So either you give some kind of summoning for every squad figure coming from this game (which is obviously very stupid) either you redesign the zombie card's (or maybe that would be too disrepectful to Craig the prophet I don't know ).

Anyway I don't know why I talk about this it would be quite awkward to do customs from squad figures as they're not ven painted...
From a homebrew customs point of view, I can see players having to literally summon specific squads via a planeswalker.

Lilliana
(Utgar/Undead/Planeswalker/Terrifying)
Black Summoning
After moving and attacking, you may Lilliana summon a squad of figures with the Black Summon power. Place all figures within 4 clear sight spaces of her.

Scathe Zombies
(Utgar/Undead/Warrior/Terrifying)
Black Summon
Scathe Zombies do not begin the game on the battlefied. They must be summoned by a figure with Black Summoning.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 19th, 2014, 10:42 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

Guys, I am starting to think that this is utterly POINTLESS. The game is projected for NEXT fall to be released. On top of which, we see Heroscape tiles and such but it's CVN! The design team could simply be using easily accessible game parts to test run their game. It could end up being an entirely new system of pieces.

I'll admit, I was pretty stoked when I saw the pictures. But after a few days here of drooling over possibilities, it's just NOT Heroscape. This is going to fall flat on its face just like Battleship Galaxies. Another tactical game painted over with a familiar trademark. Board game fans might pick up a few sets on sale but MTG fans will shy away from it having already dumped a small fortune into just cards that possibly cannot even be utilized in this new game.

In fact, now that I think about it, the only possible way for this game to get some fan base is to cross it over. If it is in fact going to be compatible 100% with Heroscape both ways, they could stir up some serious fans. But that's about it. Because if it's just Heroscape with the MTG label on it, that is just plain lazy and greedy. Also, stupid.

PM me about any custom scenery
Old October 19th, 2014, 11:58 PM

Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker

Magic the Gathering: Heroscape
A tactical miniature game

I'd buy it, but this is not what that is.
Old October 20th, 2014, 12:12 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I am still excited about the possibility of a new miniatures skirmish game from Craig Van Ness. It doesn't have to be much like Heroscape to be a great game. Battleship Galaxies was great. Risk Legacy was great. This game will probably be great in its own way too.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; October 20th, 2014 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Whether it is as good as Heroscape remains to be seen... but that is somewhat irrelevant

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion