Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 21st, 2022, 12:15 PM

lucasd21 is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape 2 Prediction Thread

My thoughts are that not all factions will be created equal. They seem to be emphasizing factions more in AoA, but I expect some cross factions synergy as in the original game. Specifically, I predict all Dawnraider Syndicate figures and squads to be unique. That would seem to fit the mercenary-for-hire lore behind them. They aren't an army for hire, but special forces for hire. Because of that, I expect they'll synergize well within the faction, but also may complement figures outside of it as well (think venocs/mohicans).
Old August 21st, 2022, 12:16 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

Or Calvary with somesort of overrun or trample.
Old August 21st, 2022, 03:31 PM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbilly1 View Post
Or Calvary with somesort of overrun or trample.
Definitely! It's a bit tricky because the precedent for a trample ability is incredibly wordy and wouldn't leave much room to allow them any special ability to keep them maneuverable beyond the first charge. Momentum is the biggest strength of charging cavalry in a melee, and I'd want that to be represented here.

I think my best ideas so far for that would be abilities like:
Horsemanship - [This figure] can move through all small and medium figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement with small and medium figures.

Ride Down Special Attack - Range Special. Attack #. Ride Down Special Attack affects up to one figure adjacent to [this figure] and all figures the attacking figure moved through this turn. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. This attack is considered to be from an adjacent figure.

Then probably also Charging Assault X so they can still use some amount of momentum against Large and Huge figures or obliterate single targets.

It's clunky because it asks players to keep track of all figures that (presumably) three squad members moved through in a turn and specifically which figure moved through them.
Old August 21st, 2022, 05:01 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Excellent! And now you know the design team is reading our posts! I hope they pick up on this one in some version of it.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 03:42 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I predict the Dryan Lifeborne order will have a common anti-range ability. “This unit may not be targeted by non-adjacent attacks as long as this unit has at least one other unit adjacent to it.”

This game needs more Rock Paper Scissors when it comes to melee/ range/ anti-range.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 03:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

"Don't need range in the Knight-time. ~ the Great One.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 23rd, 2022, 04:27 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Posted this in the discord, but I predict the Dryan Lifeborne will have planet based synergies from Arboreaus. That way creatures of a variety of species can be made, but still retain synergy. Something like when a figure from Arboreaus within 4 clear sight spaces is destroyed you may roll d20 for damage against destroying figure, heal one wound, etc.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 05:43 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
This game needs more Rock Paper Scissors when it comes to melee/ range/ anti-range.
Oooh - this is an excellent point to bring up. I haven't thought much about this idea in HS before. One could argue that rock-paper-scissors is already present in the game (it is, sort of, yes), but adding a less subtle element of it to the game would, I think, bolster the strategy side of the game in a fresh way.

Unrelated: I've been thinking about what scenario and/or campaign types the War Council might include in the rulebook(s). There is so much talk about competitive and tournament play, but what do we want to see for casual settings? The maps, scenarios, and campaigns in the classic rulebooks were fun, and I hope equal attention is paid to those as in the past.

Personally, I hope to see a variety of scenario types: king of the hill, control point, capture the flag, treasure hunt, and maybe even one or a few cooperative scenarios.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 24th, 2022, 03:01 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I'm going to predict the Dryan Lifeborne faction, or members of, will have a terrain based power. On grass tiles, adjacent to trees, etc.
Old August 24th, 2022, 03:43 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hasbro pls give us a Deathwalker 6000.
Old August 24th, 2022, 04:08 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Hasbro pls give us a Deathwalker 6000.
Or Deathwalker 9001 where he has 2 life
Old August 25th, 2022, 09:59 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
"Don't need range in the Knight-time. ~ the Great One.
The Great One has been notified of his promotion from Celebrity to Greatness, and is pleased.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion