Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 28th, 2022, 04:26 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlorophyllic View Post
Yeah, some historical goodness for Volarak would probably endear him to the fans as well. Donīt know if WW 1 is feasible, as they want to be cautious with historical units.
Cannons and tanks would be kinda awesome.
Captain Blackadder
Private Baldrick
Sargeant Darling,

Etc...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 28th, 2022 at 04:27 PM. Reason: When in doubt...shout and then shout some more! Beh!
Old October 28th, 2022, 04:37 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Would have been nice to have a few Kyrie that were males instead of all females. Unless I've missed something...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old October 28th, 2022, 04:43 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
I think maybe redesigning Volarak as a more steampunky general may help define her better, because Ullar and Aquilla really have the nature thing on lock IMO. maybe a coppery green or orange color would fit her better.

What should Thormun's theme be then when he's eventually included?
He's gonna have Socrates, Shakespeare, Plato, and Snoop, all the greatest philosophers and poets throughout history.
My new favorite general lol. Cannot wait for Kierkegaard and his "Leap of Faith" ability.
Kierkegaard: Leap of Faith (similar to Shaolin Leap?)
Hegel: Absolute Mind (that sounds like a super powerful ability - somehow your victory self actualizes through the movements of your own troops (thesis) meeting the movement of your opponents troops (antithesis) as the two arrive at synthesis
Descartes: Cogito Ergo Sum: Some kind of invincibility based on a D20 roll to see if Descartes is thinking (in which case he must exist and cannot be destroyed).
Kant: The Categorical Imperative: when your opponent activates a squad they must all move the same number of spaces/ perform the same ability or attack. If it's not possible for all members of the squad to do this they are deactivated and your opponent loses a turn.

Let's not forget some of the great historians too. I want to see Herodotus bonding with a squad of flying snakes. Plutarch could give one of your undestroyed heroes a power that belonged to one of your previously destroyed heroes (since they are inspired by his telling of the destroyed heroes life). Etc etc

Edit: A draft of Hegel's ability
Hegel's Absolute Mind
L: 10
M:0
R: 0
A: 0
D: 0

Thesis and Antithesis
Whenever you inflict a wound on one of your opponent's figures place a "Thesis" marker on this army card. Whenever your opponent inflicts a wound one of your figures, place an "Antithesis" marker on this army card. This power stays in effect even if Hegel's Absolute Mind is destroyed.

Synthesis
At the end of each round, if there are an equal number of thesis and antithesis markers on this card, you win the game. This power stays in effect even if Hegel's Absolute Mind is Destroyed

Basically, for whatever point value this card ends up costing you get an alternate win condition. But bc the absolute mind has 0 defense, it gives your opponent a way to try to imbalance the wound count each round.

Last edited by Knox; October 28th, 2022 at 05:01 PM.
Old October 28th, 2022, 04:49 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Valkrill and Revna seem to occupy a very similar role as the other villainous faction that's not Utgar. If there's a good reason to kill off Valkrill, then I think creating new cards for the handful of existing Valkrill units would be easy enough. If there isn't a good reason, maybe just keep Valkrill and ditch Revna? I really like the new logo and all, but I agree with previous comment that redundant/overlapping generals isn't necessary. It seems like it could muddy the waters for the designs and gameplay.

Volarak isn't super critical to theme or gameplay either in my opinion. I could see the flying squirrels, airship, and other units going to Aquilla or Vydar.
Old October 28th, 2022, 05:15 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Valkrill and Revna seem to occupy a very similar role as the other villainous faction that's not Utgar. If there's a good reason to kill off Valkrill, then I think creating new cards for the handful of existing Valkrill units would be easy enough. If there isn't a good reason, maybe just keep Valkrill and ditch Revna? I really like the new logo and all, but I agree with previous comment that redundant/overlapping generals isn't necessary. It seems like it could muddy the waters for the designs and gameplay.

Volarak isn't super critical to theme or gameplay either in my opinion. I could see the flying squirrels, airship, and other units going to Aquilla or Vydar.
I don't think there's much harm in adding new generals, it helps keep the game feeling fresh. They may not feel fleshed out just yet, but it gives the game a chance to explore unexplored genres (IE steampunk squirrels and mad-maxian cyborgs). I feel conflicted to see some of the Dryan go to Ullar simply because it weakens Volarak's lore and character building, though I do agree Ullar alignment feels more accurate.
Old October 28th, 2022, 05:23 PM

Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlorophyllic View Post
Yeah, some historical goodness for Volarak would probably endear him to the fans as well. Donīt know if WW 1 is feasible, as they want to be cautious with historical units.
Cannons and tanks would be kinda awesome.
Captain Blackadder
Private Baldrick
Sargeant Darling,

Etc...
Genius! I would totally buy a Blackadder Wave. Add messenger pigeons as flying units. Trench warfare at its finest.
But giving Thormun a support oriented philosopher/storyteller faction would be nice. And those historical figures canīt be all that iffy... I cant imagine that Homer would offend anybody.
Old October 28th, 2022, 05:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Would have been nice to have a few Kyrie that were males instead of all females. Unless I've missed something...
We'll get some sooner or later.

For the curious, right now the count in Classic Scape is 3 male Kyrie heroes (Atlaga, Concan, Taelord) to 5 female Kyrie heroes (Raelin, Kelda, Saylind, Runa, and Empress Kiova).

C3V added 4 more male Kyrie heroes (Calibrax, Azazel, Tyrian, and Emperor Andask), though of course it is just a customs project.

This new set will bring the total up to 3 male Kyrie heroes (7 including VC) and 12 female Kyrie heroes. I'm sure they won't let the imbalance stay *that* dramatic, though I imagine it compensates for gender imbalance in the unique heroes overall. I'm actually curious about what the total count is, both VC-inclusive and not. Someone should make a thread for that if there's not one already (there are so many silly/fun threads like that).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 28th, 2022, 05:43 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
can someone bring me up to speed on why valkrill is off the table? I think I missed that discussion
Short answer: His lore is very incompatible with current lore, and the few things that made him special are accounted for elsewhere. He can be brought back, and might be at some later point, but they're postponing their final decision on the matter.

Contrary to popular belief, WotC does not actually own the character or his name.
I say get rid of Valkrill. Nobody liked him. It was a dead end. Maybe a crossover marketing thing, I forget. Anyway, put the units in Utgar or (if this funds) Revna. There were only a few and I think there weren't any powers that referred to Valkrill so easy peasy.
Old October 28th, 2022, 05:45 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
We'll get some sooner or later.

For the curious, right now the count in Classic Scape is 3 male Kyrie heroes (Atlaga, Concan, Taelord) to 5 female Kyrie heroes (Raelin, Kelda, Saylind, Runa, and Empress Kiova).

C3V added 4 more male Kyrie heroes (Calibrax, Azazel, Tyrian, and Emperor Andask), though of course it is just a customs project.

This new set will bring the total up to 3 male Kyrie heroes (7 including VC) and 12 female Kyrie heroes. I'm sure they won't let the imbalance stay *that* dramatic, though I imagine it compensates for gender imbalance in the unique heroes overall. I'm actually curious about what the total count is, both VC-inclusive and not. Someone should make a thread for that if there's not one already (there are so many silly/fun threads like that).
My hope is that they're not doing a soft retcon to make all the new playable Valkyrie female going forward in order to more closely align with their mythological inspirations.
Old October 28th, 2022, 05:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like Valkrill.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 28th, 2022, 05:53 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
I think maybe redesigning Volarak as a more steampunky general may help define her better, because Ullar and Aquilla really have the nature thing on lock IMO. maybe a coppery green or orange color would fit her better.

What should Thormun's theme be then when he's eventually included?
He's gonna have Socrates, Shakespeare, Plato, and Snoop, all the greatest philosophers and poets throughout history.
My new favorite general lol. Cannot wait for Kierkegaard and his "Leap of Faith" ability.
Kierkegaard, Hegel, Descartes, Kant, ...
Ha ha ha! I love it! Snoop too! ("Sometimes a loss is the best thing that can happen.")

I'd add a military theorist or two such as: Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, Vo Nguyen Giap, ..
Old October 28th, 2022, 05:56 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Valkrill is a gigachad we can't just betray him like this

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion