Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

View Poll Results: When did C3V jump the shark?
Omegacron 2 16.67%
Quahon 1 8.33%
Arctorus 1 8.33%
The Varkaanan 0 0%
Dyer 3 (any more C3V planets lurking around?) 0 0%
Other (I'll give you an earful in the comments, never has and never will, etc) 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 16th, 2024, 12:29 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: When did C3V jump the shark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I want to correct my answer... Around cormin the dark, if not there then definitely by Swaysil.
Cormin the Dark is a very weak point in the SoV. Low power level, clunky weird power that doesn't have things work out very well. Don't entirely know how he made it thru - if I could do it again the design would be different, or most probably just never submitted.
I've had fun with him in a rouge build. Not every stone is a gem, but they generally have their uses. Also the SoV tends to favor interesting rather than competitive designs.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 16th, 2024, 12:37 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
I want to correct my answer... Around cormin the dark, if not there then definitely by Swaysil.
Cormin the Dark is a very weak point in the SoV. Low power level, clunky weird power that doesn't have things work out very well. Don't entirely know how he made it thru - if I could do it again the design would be different, or most probably just never submitted.
I've had fun with him in a rouge build. Not every stone is a gem, but they generally have their uses. Also the SoV tends to favor interesting rather than competitive designs.
That's sort of his issue, his powers match are an odd confluence with the synergy that came after him. I should have tried to make him work better with Elaria from the start. Or something like that, much too late now. But I digress...

Looking at the designs in the SoV can be instructive as well, sort of a look at the evolving tastes of the masses. Pink satin lampshades and such. I'll have to look some more and get back to you, but I can certainly think of some trends over the years. Once again, miniature availability is probably the greatest existential threat to this VC section of fanscape. Shark jumped anywhere in there? Hmm... I'll have to think on it.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 16th, 2024, 12:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With unpainted increasingly part of the official game and 3D printing rapidly improving I think that becomes less and less of an issue.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2024, 04:07 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I cannot speak to the opinion of any given 'Scaper. I can only speak for myself, and hope that my perspective is helpful.

This question assumes that it did "jump the shark." I do not expect to be excited about the majority of what C3V/SoV produces. However, over the years, I have been consistently excited about a few units from most releases.

Old March 16th, 2024, 06:16 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Do we actually even have a clear definition of what "jump the shark" means in the context of a customs project? What would be a clear sign it'd done as such?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2024, 06:43 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I assume is the moment when the quality deteriates as a result of the creators getting lazy and rely on gimmicks instead of quality.

This is in contrast to something changing directions (ie c3g 2.0) or something suffering from cost cutting (d&d scape where the designers were passionate but the product was limited)

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 16th, 2024, 09:16 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Do we actually even have a clear definition of what "jump the shark" means in the context of a customs project? What would be a clear sign it'd done as such?
Not a huge fan of the title of this thread. It assumes that it has. Very click baity.

Things like complexity creep, or too many units that are OP would be sure signs. That said, a lot of that is in the eye of the beholder. One man's complexity is another's simplicity.

-insert signature here-
Old March 16th, 2024, 11:22 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah... I think I disagree with the premise of this thread :\ I am not a fan of all VC practices or designs for a number of reasons. They haven't deteriorated in quality. If anything they keep pushing to keep creating better stuff.
Old March 17th, 2024, 09:25 AM

Based on some of the talk in the official threads, seems Renegade is closer to jumping the shark than VC is.

Old March 17th, 2024, 12:05 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Agreed. And honestly... having the Dyer system be an option is pretty disrespectful. It's a shout out to a recently deceased community member.

Who cares if VC makes planets? We did at NGC too so we wouldnt disturb the canon and could have more settings.
Old March 17th, 2024, 12:48 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Who cares if VC makes planets? We did at NGC too so we wouldnt disturb the canon and could have more settings.
This is a great question. Does adding a planet to the universe not disturb "the canon"? The whole question of the Heroscape canon in relation to the C3V project has been beat over a lot over the years. Me personally, I don't know, I'm of no one mind it. On one hand, C3V has become intrinsically tied with the unit selection of Heroscape, at least for many on this site. On the other, well, it is only a custom project. Siiv, the first Arctorus C3V custom, works well for me, fwiw.

I guess I just think it's a valid question. Looking at some of the unreleased C3V minis the other day, I can kinda see the grand picture... Looking at the AoA stuff I can too.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 17th, 2024, 12:53 PM

I mean... it opens less opportunities to trip over things that get published if you use a custom planet. Lets you world build without having to go back and change your world if something is published that directly contradicts or overlaps what you create.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs