Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
What about those of us who worship Lolth or are Followers of Thor. What if Vydar is my choosen Deity?
Then I would say you have issues.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
The Presbyterian HeroScapers thread was never locked because it was never started. <smile>
It just wasn't predestined, Rev

~Aldin, who supposes there's no Hinduist Heroscapers thread because it would be bad Karma

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
The Presbyterian HeroScapers thread was never locked because it was never started. <smile>
It just wasn't predestined, Rev

~Aldin, who supposes there's no Hinduist Heroscapers thread because it would be bad Karma
Quote:
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Aldin again.
Including your ~Comment

~LefOn4ya, who knows there is not an Orthodox Messianic Jewish Heroscapers thread, because I would be the only one, and I would need a least a minyan (and Taelord's Minions don't count)
Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:23 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
a minyan
Let's see...that's you and me...only eight more guys to go!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 04:31 PM

Mrspy is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
What about those of us who worship Lolth or are Followers of Thor. What if Vydar is my choosen Deity?

Perhaps there is a place of in game God/Godess worship, The fantasy section.

Hahaha I wouldn't count on it............

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM

legolasbaker has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by legolasbaker View Post
]It was only a debate to understand the rules, not a protest
It is the reason for which these places are called "forums"
A debate is for understanding the rules? Seems odd to me. You ask a question; you receive the answer. Why the debate?

If it doesn't say SPECIAL ATTACK, then it's a special ability. Special abilities can modify normal attacks.

That is it; end of "debate."
Why strange ? Is it strange understanding a rule without accepting it like a dogma ? In my opinion no.

This is the the answer that makes finish the debate, not your answer, because it explains and justify the rule:

Quote:
A normal attack uses the base attack value that is printed on every card. Some special powers like +2 Broadsword add to that printed base value, as do some glyphs and height advantage but as long as you are including the base attack value in the attack it is still considered to be a normal attack.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 04:59 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A debate is for understanding the rules? Seems odd to me. You ask a question; you receive the answer. Why the debate?

If it doesn't say SPECIAL ATTACK, then it's a special ability. Special abilities can modify normal attacks.

Why strange ? Is it strange understanding a rule without accepting it like a dogma ? In my opinion no.

This is the the answer that makes finish the debate, not your answer, because it explains and justify the rule:

Quote:
A normal attack uses the base attack value that is printed on every card. Some special powers like +2 Broadsword add to that printed base value, as do some glyphs and height advantage but as long as you are including the base attack value in the attack it is still considered to be a normal attack.
Actually anything said by R˙chean is acceptable as Dogma, cause well he is one of the "Rule Guys", (I don't know the official title). It would be like Truth or Gbob answering a question.

It is easy not to know this fact if you are new, or seldom online. However the Answer you quoted was definitally the best, it was just such a simple questions that everyone assumed their answers were sufficent.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Whether or not you have a valid complaint about some wording in the rules is one issue. However, the correct answer has been given to you regarding special attacks.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old August 2nd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I'd be in that category. Of course, as Presbyterians, we would need to shortly split the thread into several other denominational threads and then those sub-threads into other threads as well.

I'll start a committee to discuss the formation of the Committee on Presbyterian Heroscape Threads. You in?

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Hi all,

I had a question about Fortress Wall placement and hope this is the thread for it. I've always thought I couldn't place Fortress Wall bases on Level 1 (on the table top surface). This was based on the following sections of the FotA rulebook:

Quote:
How to Build Fortress Walls: Fortress walls may be built on any normal terrain such as grass, sand, rock, etc.

Fortress Walls may not sit on water tiles or other tile considered to have no height.
My thinking was, the walls had to be built on top of normal terrain tiles, so the table top was out. Just recently, however, it was brought to my attention that wall bases on Level 1 were permitted, and LongHeroscaper's BOV map "The Broken Skyline" offered as an example. Discussion thread located here.

The issue also just recently surfaced in the BOV discussion thread. Many posters initially chimed in that wall bases could be placed on the table top. But quickly, there were references pointing to BOV rejections based on such placement. Relevant thread here.

I've read through the terrain section of the FAQs (Version 11.3), and didn't find a ruling on wall placement. Has this issue been addressed by Hasbro/WotC? Are maps that use the placement legal?

When building maps, I'd love be able to save tiles and place wall bases on Level 1. But I also want my maps (most of them at least) to be built according to the rules.

Thanks,

~tgx
Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:13 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannergx View Post
Hi all,

I had a question about Fortress Wall placement and hope this is the thread for it. I've always thought I couldn't place Fortress Wall bases on Level 1 (on the table top surface). This was based on the following sections of the FotA rulebook:

Quote:
How to Build Fortress Walls: Fortress walls may be built on any normal terrain such as grass, sand, rock, etc.

Fortress Walls may not sit on water tiles or other tile considered to have no height.
My thinking was, the walls had to be built on top of normal terrain tiles, so the table top was out. Just recently, however, it was brought to my attention that wall bases on Level 1 were permitted, and LongHeroscaper's BOV map "The Broken Skyline" offered as an example. Discussion thread located here.

The issue also just recently surfaced in the BOV discussion thread. Many posters initially chimed in that wall bases could be placed on the table top. But quickly, there were references pointing to BOV rejections based on such placement. Relevant thread here.

I've read through the terrain section of the FAQs (Version 11.3), and didn't find a ruling on wall placement. Has this issue been addressed by Hasbro/WotC? Are maps that use the placement legal?

When building maps, I'd love be able to save tiles and place wall bases on Level 1. But I also want my maps (most of them at least) to be built according to the rules.

Thanks,

~tgx
The rules definitely say not to, but I've seen several maps that do it anyways. I've never found an issue with it, myself, and I don't really see how it could break anything. It does look a little displeasing aesthetically, though.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

It's your game; do what you want. Seriously.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's