Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 14th, 2023, 08:22 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Just jumped in on the Crossbows and Catapults KS by Restoration Games. Nostalgia made me jump all in immediately, the thought of being able to play this one with my now 1yr son at some point... though not sure if I'll keep it in the end. Really need to stop the spending, especially with the Scape reboot looming.

-insert signature here-
Old June 16th, 2023, 03:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Just jumped in on the Crossbows and Catapults KS by Restoration Games. Nostalgia made me jump all in immediately, the thought of being able to play this one with my now 1yr son at some point... though not sure if I'll keep it in the end. Really need to stop the spending, especially with the Scape reboot looming.
This one looks interesting for those with little kids, however I backed Catapult Feud a while ago which is very similar.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 16th, 2023, 08:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
This one looks interesting for those with little kids, however I backed Catapult Feud a while ago which is very similar.
I almost backed that one, but ultimately was able to fend myself off and say no. It's like the gaming gods are toying with me now.

-insert signature here-
Old July 22nd, 2023, 06:05 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
I almost backed that one, but ultimately was able to fend myself off and say no. It's like the gaming gods are toying with me now.
Good call!

Catapult Feud is the inferior version.
Old July 23rd, 2023, 08:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I have one or two of the originals, buried deep in my Medieval 54mm toy soldier collection.
Old July 25th, 2023, 05:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I just saw this kickstarter campaign
I have all the original sets. It is one of the best-designed games in this genre (Dominion, Star Realms, Acension, Mystic Vale, etc.) that I've ever played.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 25th, 2023, 05:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm possibly backing Freelancers (Plaid Hat Games).

Old July 25th, 2023, 10:07 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I got to play a demo version of this with GB and Rÿchean 2 months ago. It is a lot of fun!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 25th, 2023, 10:22 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
I got to play a demo version of this with GB and Rÿchean 2 months ago. It is a lot of fun!
Cool! Have you played Forgotten Waters? How do they compare?

Old July 26th, 2023, 07:06 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Last Kingdom just arrived, based on the books by Bernard Cornwell and the TV series. I'd done several days of research on rules and procedures, and exchanged some early FAQ with the publisher, which you can see on the BGG page. Yesterday I solitaired a full 5 Player. The card drafting was wild! I even did a hate draft, where you pull a card so others won't get it...

There are ten different Leaders you can play, so I'll do another 5 Player, and then I will have gotten some experience with them all. Then I may try smaller player counts. On the weekend I've invited live opponents, but it being summer, I don't know if anyone will show up.
Old July 28th, 2023, 08:51 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got in on a very early play of FW a few months before it released at Gencon. I remember liking it and enjoyed the app and the humor. I only played it the one time at the cabin. I seem to recall it’s 3+ players and my normal gaming is usually 2 players. So it wouldn’t hit the table enough - if at all - and I never picked it up.

Freelancers is in that same style, but I enjoyed it much much more. Not sure that I can explain it more than that. (I’m trying to recall playing a game played once several years ago, after all). I enjoy the storybook style of game - and Plaidhat does them well - but Freelancers is probably my favorite in that genre. The traveling, questing, interactions, world, etc. in this one just scratches an itch I didn’t even know I had. I highly recommend it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; July 28th, 2023 at 08:53 PM. Reason: I liked Forgotten Waters. I really liked Freelancers. Like really, really liked..
Old July 28th, 2023, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got in on a very early play of FW a few months before it released at Gencon. I remember liking it and enjoyed the app and the humor. I only played it the one time at the cabin. I seem to recall it’s 3+ players and my normal gaming is usually 2 players. So it wouldn’t hit the table enough - if at all - and I never picked it up.

Freelancers is in that same style, but I enjoyed it much much more. Not sure that I can explain it more than that. (I’m trying to recall playing a game played once several years ago, after all). I enjoy the storybook style of game - and Plaidhat does them well - but Freelancers is probably my favorite in that genre. The traveling, questing, interactions, world, etc. in this one just scratches an itch I didn’t even know I had. I highly recommend it.
Thanks, @rym . I'll tell my FLGS to order it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games