Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 2nd, 2024, 05:08 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

I think that most people are making the same mistake that I did at first about the difference in price between the unpainted and painted versions being so much higher for the master set than the battle box. The mistake was looking at the change in the over all price instead of looking at the price of what you are actually paying for. That is the painting of the figures. That is literally the only difference. So the correct way to calculate the difference is to calculate how much you are paying per figure to be painted. The difference in the price of the product is the price that you are paying for the painting only. so here is the correct math:

Battle box: $20 for 6 (single space) painted figures = $3.33 per figure. Not all that bad when you think about it. I'd rather pay the $3.33 than buy the paints to paint them myself, which is also time consuming.

Master set: $100 for 20 (some huge) painted figures = $5 per figure. Yes it's more expensive per figure and starts to get into the area where I might not want to pay. However this isn't a fair calculation either considering that two of the figures are double spaced and require more like 4 times as much work to paint. So really a more fair calculation is $100/24 which is $4.17 per figure.

So anyway, that is a better way to look at it and make the decision on if it is worth paying roughly $4 per figure on average to have your figures pre-painted. For me it's worth paying that extra. I know for a lot of others, it's not.

Also I noticed that thing about the paladins having 2 life each. We kind of had that with the mezzodemons. It worked for them. granted it wasn't actually life and was more of a shared life pool. Maybe it will be something similar, like every time the over all squad has two wounds, one of the figures is destroyed. However if it is in fact the wound markers being placed on the figures on the map. I don't really see that as a problem either. It's not like it's going to be used very often. Most of the time they are either going to take no damage or at least 2 damage killing them. If a squad figure had 3 life then it could become a problem. Anyway I do sometimes use wound markers directly on the figures on the map if I'm actually using 2 of the same uncommon (which is almost never) since I didn't mark my cards and bases, and don't want to. Also I sometimes use wound markers on marro drones when they are at full strength since it's hard to keep track of 9 of them. I struggle enough keeping track of 6 zombies that I used.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; March 2nd, 2024 at 05:16 PM. Reason: a typo
Old March 2nd, 2024, 05:18 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
I wish they were able to make the special wound markers and bases for multi life squads work.

Loose wound markers on the battlefield seems a tad messy.
I’m sure you recall that’s exactly why we never created them in the past. In fact, it was a hard rule. Craig did not want any extra stuff cluttering up the battlefield.

I'm with Craig. Loose wound markers on squad figure bases turns Heroscape into a dexterity game. If I wanted to play Pick Up Stix, I'd play Pick Up Stix.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 05:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Are they really dropping the Flying the text?
Don't we need that?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 2nd, 2024, 05:49 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Are they really dropping the Flying the text?
Don't we need that?
It’s an ability that they cover in the rulebook, that and stealth flying. It’s such a repetitive power that I personally think it makes sense to just have the definition in one place, and then less text that has to clog up the card
Old March 2nd, 2024, 06:47 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

One move that Marvelscape got right was using a symbol for super strength. As soon as I saw that, I wished that they had done that for flying all along.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 07:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatee View Post
One move that Marvelscape got right was using a symbol for super strength. As soon as I saw that, I wished that they had done that for flying all along.
If only some geniuses had come up with a flying symbol or something .... But I guess just writing the power title works too in a less cool way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 3rd, 2024, 12:51 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Mimring's Fireline and the AE's grenade lob power, IIRC, were both further explained in the RotV rulebook, beyond the text on the cards.

Old March 3rd, 2024, 03:28 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post

And Evil Raelin just seems ..... underwhelming
I was excited to see a bonding option for the Minions and the Death Knights, and the sculpt is amazing! But the design looks like they oversaw the gigantic flying tiger she is using!!! 3/3 and the combat ability is "twist the blade"???? SotM Raelin was better in a fight and she didn't have a gigantic flying tiger! Should have been 140+ with a nasty attack ability. Or at least more attack than Raelins with spears.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 3rd, 2024, 09:05 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Perhaps the tiger has a thorn in its paw?
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:27 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Didn't Craig work on Arena of the Planeswalkers? A bunch of those squads have multiple life points (and I rather like the small red damage cubes).
Perhaps he had different design goals. MTG is a far cry from HS
Someone +repped me anonymously and said:

Quote:
The name “heroscape” is nowhere on the box. They shoved a square peg into a round hole, compromises had to be made.
Surely this fellow meant hexagonal hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:33 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgs Gaming View Post
I think that most people are making the same mistake that I did at first about the difference in price between the unpainted and painted versions being so much higher for the master set than the battle box. The mistake was looking at the change in the over all price instead of looking at the price of what you are actually paying for. That is the painting of the figures. That is literally the only difference. So the correct way to calculate the difference is to calculate how much you are paying per figure to be painted. The difference in the price of the product is the price that you are paying for the painting only. so here is the correct math:

Battle box: $20 for 6 (single space) painted figures = $3.33 per figure. Not all that bad when you think about it. I'd rather pay the $3.33 than buy the paints to paint them myself, which is also time consuming.

Master set: $100 for 20 (some huge) painted figures = $5 per figure. Yes it's more expensive per figure and starts to get into the area where I might not want to pay. However this isn't a fair calculation either considering that two of the figures are double spaced and require more like 4 times as much work to paint. So really a more fair calculation is $100/24 which is $4.17 per figure.

So anyway, that is a better way to look at it and make the decision on if it is worth paying roughly $4 per figure on average to have your figures pre-painted. For me it's worth paying that extra. I know for a lot of others, it's not.

Also I noticed that thing about the paladins having 2 life each. We kind of had that with the mezzodemons. It worked for them. granted it wasn't actually life and was more of a shared life pool. Maybe it will be something similar, like every time the over all squad has two wounds, one of the figures is destroyed. However if it is in fact the wound markers being placed on the figures on the map. I don't really see that as a problem either. It's not like it's going to be used very often. Most of the time they are either going to take no damage or at least 2 damage killing them. If a squad figure had 3 life then it could become a problem. Anyway I do sometimes use wound markers directly on the figures on the map if I'm actually using 2 of the same uncommon (which is almost never) since I didn't mark my cards and bases, and don't want to. Also I sometimes use wound markers on marro drones when they are at full strength since it's hard to keep track of 9 of them. I struggle enough keeping track of 6 zombies that I used.
Mezzodemons were one of my designs. I set out to create a multi-wound squad unit but within the confines of our design parameters (no wound tokens on the battlefield period!). Can’t put wound markers on the battlefield? No problem, we will put them on the card and remove them instead of adding them.

Herein lies the joy of creating Heroscape units, both as a hobby and as a job. There is a very well defined design space. Within the borders of that space, you play with constantly evolving ability interactions and synergies, while always keeping theme in mind.

The new units in AoA appear to be thoughtfully created. I see that joy reflected in the unit powers and I really am encouraged by it.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:43 AM

Rules are made to be broken apparently.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News