Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 29th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Waterfall Dice Tower - An IMaxterpiece!

I just received my custom tower from VixenTor Games (www.vixentorgames.com). A few points to make before showing it off:

* I've been a fan of these custom towers ever since I saw the first one (the one with the pirate theme). For some time longer than a month before ordering, I kept a virtual sticky note on my computer's desktop listing possible themes I'd select if I ordered one. That turned out to be a great decision, because the waterfall theme didn't occur to me for about three weeks.

* The thing that pushed me into getting one was when I saw Revdyer's thread showing his custom tower. I hinted at the waterfall theme, and Imax replied that my theme would make a great tower and listed some ideas for it. Even though I hadn't actually committed to ordering one, Imax was already thinking about how he would design it. I had to strike while the iron was hot, so to speak.

* Throughout my contact with him, Imax genuinely seemed to be as excited about this tower as I was.

* Imax asked me what setting I preferred for the falls, and he listed several possibilities. I had initially considered a hiking theme, but his idea for an Aztec/Mayan theme really jumped out at me. This choice gives the tower a more exotic flavor, and lets the tower tell a story. The only way you make a generic hiking theme exciting is to arm the squirrels with AK47s and put Kevlar Vests on the deer. Hey, that actually sounds pretty cool....

* The blades of grass you see along the bottom are actually plastic pieces, not artwork.

Enough talk! Presenting... an IMaxterpiece!

Old January 29th, 2007, 03:20 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
God, it seems like everyone's pimping their Vixentor Customs. I'm envious. As usual, the tower is awesome. You lucky dog you.
Old January 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Very nice! Imax you are crazy talented man. Nice work.
And lucky you with a very impressive one of a kind dice tower!
Old January 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Another awesome creation from IMax! Nice job!!

Grats on your new tower, davidlhsl!

Newb.
Old January 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I love the box in a box in a box set up, giving it a truly mountainous look!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old January 29th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Agreed, Malechi. Every one of these towers is a work of art.
Old January 29th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow! Once again I am blown away.

I have to talk my wife into buying me one of these soon.
Old January 29th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
I love the box in a box in a box set up, giving it a truly mountainous look!
And with the excellent use of shadowing, you get the sense of even more layers. I also love the scroll saw cuts.

Another area I'd like to draw attention to, now that I've shown all views, is the use of plastic blades of grass. The effect is subtle, but very effective when viewed in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I have to talk my wife into buying me one of these soon.
I hope you'll get the green light to do just that. Don't forget to share the pictures with us!

-David
Old January 29th, 2007, 10:33 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation

Wow. That is too cool.
Vixentor delivers again.
Old January 29th, 2007, 10:38 PM

theats has disabled reputation
i want one....

Theophilus.
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:34 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
Very nice! Imax you are crazy talented man.

And crazy rich. i want one. just not for $150. maybe $100. Good job, IMAX!

i want one :'(
Old January 30th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
The "I have an IMax custom" is a truly happy statement to be able to make to the gaming world. My great-grandchildren are going to be taught the lore of the tower, handed down from generation to generation. <smile>

Congratulations, David and IMax...another winner!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General