Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 22nd, 2018, 01:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Here's a vague idea of what I had in mind.

WHAT DAY IS IT?
At the start of the game, place a Glyph of Holiday A, Holiday B, Holiday C, or Holiday D face-up in your start zone. When Calendar Man is destroyed, remove that Glyph from the battlefield.

GLYPH OF COUNTDOWN CLOCK
(New Year's Eve)

PERMANENT GLYPH
Start the game with 10 black Countdown Markers on this card. At the start of each round, remove a marker from this card. When the last marker is removed, all figures add 1 to their Attack numbers and subtract 2 from their Defense numbers for the rest of the round.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 03:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Here's a vague idea of what I had in mind.

WHAT DAY IS IT?
At the start of the game, place a Glyph of Holiday A, Holiday B, Holiday C, or Holiday D face-up in your start zone. When Calendar Man is destroyed, remove that Glyph from the battlefield.

GLYPH OF COUNTDOWN CLOCK
(New Year's Eve)

PERMANENT GLYPH
Start the game with 10 black Countdown Markers on this card. At the start of each round, remove a marker from this card. When the last marker is removed, all figures add 1 to their Attack numbers and subtract 2 from their Defense numbers for the rest of the round.
I'm still not getting any thematic tie-in here to a guy obsessed with calendars...He doesn't have some power that causes holiday themed issues he just commits crimes on the holiday...How does that translate to cause people to become aggressive and gain attack and lose defense...

Now if it was some kind of time bomb that ticks down and then explodes...sure why not...everyone rolls an unblockable and we move on.

I realize the concept is cool and all but starting to think I never brought it up as I don't think it really fits the character.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 04:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Now if it was some kind of time bomb that ticks down and then explodes...sure why not...everyone rolls an unblockable and we move on.
That's actually brilliant! You could have different specific crimes for each Holiday, rather than global effects that feel arbitrary. That one would be perfect for New Years' Eve - start New Year off with a bang!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 22nd, 2018, 04:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

New Years Eve = Count Down = Bomb makes sense to me. What would be some of the other Holiday crimes? Would he shoot someone with a bow & arrow on Valentines Day? Maybe skip Halloween and go straight to Day of the Dead for a death/dead themed power? Give him a Patriotic personality for the 4th of July?
Old February 22nd, 2018, 04:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
New Years Eve = Count Down = Bomb makes sense to me. What would be some of the other Holiday crimes? Would he shoot someone with a bow & arrow on Valentines Day? Maybe skip Halloween and go straight to Day of the Dead for a death/dead themed power? Give him a Patriotic personality for the 4th of July?
Just random thoughts:

Christmas: Robin Hood-style 'steal and gift mechanic'.
4th July - Shoots people with fireworks.
Valentines Day - Stalker mechanic. Hey, this guy is a creepy serial killer...
Halloween - not really certain how you'd represent this...

~ Lazy Orang, asking you to bear in mind that she, for various reasons, doesn't actually mark most of the holidays this guy would be interested in (in some cases not at all, in others marking nearby, similar holidays), so asking you to take this all with a pinch of salt.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 22nd, 2018, 04:59 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm sure some creative minds could think of something but this is where I'm hesitant on this direction.

Perhaps we could give him a ranged attack for Valentines Day but it should be low...It's not like he becomes Hawkeye for one day a year but yeah his weak melee attack could be boosted to a weak ranged attack because he decides to pretend to be a homicidal cupid.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 08:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

(Hard as ice, twice as cool.)

NAME = JOHNNY ALPHA

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REVOLUTIONARY
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 210?

STRONTIUM DOGS
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Johnny Alpha's Bounty. Johnny Alpha rolls an additional die when attacking or defending against his bounty. After revealing an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Johnny Alpha, you may take a turn with any other figure you control with the Bounty Hunter special power.

FEIGN DEATH
Once per game, if Johnny Alpha is destroyed, place this figure on this card and remove all markers from this card. Before rolling initiative, if this figure is on this card, you must place it in your start zone if possible and place three wound markers on this card. At he the end of the round after using Feign Death, if there are three wound markers on this card, destroy this figure.

ALPHA EYES
After taking a turn with Johnny Alpha, you may look at any Order Markers on the Army Cards of any figures adjacent to him. If this figure is on this card, all friendly Loyal figures roll one additional defense die when attacked.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 23rd, 2018, 08:16 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Neat design Nado. Feigning death is a really cool thing to represent!
Old February 23rd, 2018, 08:44 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks!

Yeah this one has been kicking around for awhile.

The main change is the first power, where I tweaked Bounty Hunter to give him Bounty Hunter bonding. Plus Strontium Dog is the name of the comic Johnny is in.

I figured it might be cool to have an LD that helped a faction instead of starting a new one.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:10 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks like he will really benefit from a healer, but then again who doesn’t?
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:16 PM

Yeah, I have never playtested that one, so I am not sure how great it is yet.

He is a bit tough to nail down as his powers vary and he also has a ton of tech that could be represented.

I like the design, in theory.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:45 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

(Hard as ice, twice as cool.)

NAME = JOHNNY ALPHA

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REVOLUTIONARY
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 210?

STRONTIUM DOGS
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Johnny Alpha's Bounty. Johnny Alpha rolls an additional die when attacking or defending against his bounty. After revealing an order marker on this card and taking a turn with Johnny Alpha, you may take a turn with any other figure you control with the Bounty Hunter special power.

FEIGN DEATH
Once per game, if Johnny Alpha is destroyed, place this figure on this card and remove all markers from this card. Before rolling initiative, if this figure is on this card, you must place it in your start zone if possible and place three wound markers on this card. At he the end of the round after using Feign Death, if there are three wound markers on this card, destroy this figure.

ALPHA EYES
After taking a turn with Johnny Alpha, you may look at any Order Markers on the Army Cards of any figures adjacent to him. If this figure is on this card, all friendly Loyal figures roll one additional defense die when attacked.

Interesting - a few things I want to note or ask:

1) Who do we have with the Bounty Hunter power? I can only think of Jonah Hex off the top of my head.
2) I like Feign Death, I'm just not sure of the theme of him dying automatically if he still has 3 wounds - could you elaborate?
3) I have no idea what the theme of Alpha Eyes is, but then again I don't know the character - could you elaborate?
4) I still think that if he's referred to as a Mutant in universe, he should be a Mutant in game, and let the funky cross-dimensional synergies fall where they may. I feel like the X-Men would be willing to accept a fellow outcast-through-geneology - if they got snooty about requiring the X-Gene to be considered, that would be kind of hypocritical of them, after all the prejudice they face! ]

The design looks cool, though!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy