Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old June 28th, 2010, 11:37 AM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker
The Monster Manual Project

Welcome to the Monster Manual Project (MMP). The purpose of this thread is to create high-quality Dungeons and Dragons themed unique and uncommon heroes for use in classic Heroscape games.

The creation of a custom unit can be broken up into several processes:

1. Concept
2. Attributes
3. Strength
4. Powers
5. Playtesting

The MMP will use the above five-step process when creating units.

As a reference here is a list of monsters from Monster Manuals and similar books which have miniatures created to represent in DDM.

Some other useful links:
D&D Wiki
Guide to Custom Unit Creation
C3G Playtest Form

MMP Units Passed
Spoiler Alert!

Currently Working On
Spoiler Alert!

So who would like to nominate the first unit?
Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: The Monster Manual Project

Great idea! I still have a bunch more figures for my sons that I need to make into cards.

So is the plan to nominate a figure and then have everyone work together on the abilities?

If so, I'd like to nominate Skeletal Cyclops, #33 from Savage Encounters.
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:51 PM

AwesomeJ-AD2011 Woo who?

I created a figure based on him called the Skeleton Lord. His stats are:
Life- 8
Move- 4
Range- 1
Attack- 8
Defense- 3
Points- 200

Special Powers and Attacks
UNDEAD RAGE
Range 1, Attack 6
Undead Rage may only be used to attack Undead figures

THE LORD RISES AGAIN
At the end of every round after the Skeleton Lord is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 18 or higher, place the Skeleton Lord in your starting zone and remove all wound markers from this card.

LOYAL REWARDS
All friendly figures adjacent to the Skeleton Lord with a Loyal Personality roll 1 extra die for attack and defense.

Undead
Unique Hero
Lord
Vengeful
Huge 9
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM

AwesomeJ-AD2011 Woo who?

Just realised that Undead Rage isn't really useful, so I'll change it to:

PIERCING UNDEAD STARE
Range 5, Attack 5
This attack may be used twice during a turn, but only to attack Undead figures.
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeJ-AD2011 View Post
I created a figure based on him called the Skeleton Lord. His stats are:
Life- 8
Move- 4
Range- 1
Attack- 8
Defense- 3
Points- 200

Special Powers and Attacks
UNDEAD RAGE
Range 1, Attack 6
Undead Rage may only be used to attack Undead figures

THE LORD RISES AGAIN
At the end of every round after the Skeleton Lord is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 18 or higher, place the Skeleton Lord in your starting zone and remove all wound markers from this card.

LOYAL REWARDS
All friendly figures adjacent to the Skeleton Lord with a Loyal Personality roll 1 extra die for attack and defense.

Undead
Unique Hero
Lord
Vengeful
Huge 9
Can you give some background on what you envision this figure to be? Is he a ruler of Undead? Most of the Undead figures have either Terrifying or Tormented personalities.

Right now, the only official figures with a Loyal personality are: Marrden Nagrubs, Greenscale Warriors, and Warforged Soldiers. That seems like a pretty strange bunch of followers for a Skeleton Lord.
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:53 AM

AwesomeJ-AD2011 Woo who?

Hold on, I'll post his bio:

The Skeleton Lord was once a humble Cyclops making his living on the war-torn world of Feylund. However, when Lord Cyprien Esenwein and his Undead minions tore through his village, Cyclops was taken prisoner. Seeing his worth, Esenwein performed many gruesome tests on his prisoner, trying to make his worthful. However, the tests backfired, and Cyclops escaped. But he was now a hideous Undead beast, full of hatred. Therefore he joined with Ullar, who was fighting against Esenwein’s general, Utgar. He hopes that one day he will get the revenge he deserves. He will eventually catch his quarry, because he now has the power to rise from the dead repeatedly.
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:50 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart

...I like that this was an idea, although it died quickly. I like that it was exhumed, at least temporarily. Does anyone still want to continue with this idea? It sounds fun.... but I doubt anyone will take it seriously after two attempts to start up.
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
...I like that this was an idea, although it died quickly. I like that it was exhumed, at least temporarily. Does anyone still want to continue with this idea? It sounds fun.... but I doubt anyone will take it seriously after two attempts to start up.
I'd be interested. Any ideas for miniatures?
Old March 4th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

SKELETAL CYCLOPS
1: It's a Cyclops; what other cyclops exist already in Heroscape?
Torin: Boosted attack against smaller figures; Evil Eye Protection; 4/4
Gurei-Oni (Cyclopean Ogre): Evil Eye Defense; multi-special attack; 4/4
1b: What do Cyclops do to differentiate themselves from other units?
Cyclops are large figures. What sets them apart from giants is their singular eye. One would assume special powers originate in theme from that eye. After looking at the official "tribe", we find four commons: Attack value, Defense value, a special attack/attack power that punishes smaller enemies/squads, and a (defensive) Eye-related special power; honorable mention: similar personalities in Tormenting/Terrifying.
2: It's a Skeleton; what other Skeleton exist already in Heroscape?
Nothing really: Death Knights Of Valkril are more themed to following orders and wielding wicked weaponry, ala knights/soldiers, than anything skeleton related.
2b: What do Skeletons do to differentiate themselves from other units? Think of "skeleton" as an intentional modifier:
Skeletons are Undead. Undead are scary and demoralizing and aren't alive and thus associated with a kind of relentlessness, an immortality. Zombies infect and convert. Skeletons reform, reanimate, and easily animate via the help of necromancy.
Skeletons commonly defend better against weapons that aren't blunt, and suffer greater to blunt weapons.
Skeletons are often considered a weaker enemy, that shatters.
3: What can we pull from the source material?

This version of Skeletal Cyclops is a tough-guy that uses his Eye defensively. When he does, he moves the figures away from him and weakens them for the round. Unlike his live counterparts, this guy's eye mainly affects figures that are close.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; March 4th, 2014 at 02:49 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs