Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 16th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Philadelphia, PA Tournament - 9/18/10

Put me and my dad down as a possible.....not sure what we have planned for that weekend yet.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:03 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Put me and my crew (HiveKeeper, Awesome Sujoah, and myself) down under possable.

Prediction: Tons of Q9s and Raelins

-Vitm
Great! I really hope you guys can make it. You may be surprised with who shows up in a Heroes Only tournament. Matthias won the GenCon event with a double Giant combo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunttactics View Post
Hello, Tom.

Count me in. I will volunteer a map if you need one. Two questions:

Are Marvel heroes allowed?
Can some of the maps have no glyphs?

Regards,
Fred
Glad to have you! I think I will keep Marvel out of this event, because I really think they would dominate it. I want to highlight some of the lesser used heroes.

Keep in mind that we will be using the less powerful (IMO) treasure glyphs. That being said, I think having a few maps without treasure glyphs will be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
Put me down as a possible. Having just turned 18, and being in college, my rents are finally letting me go to tournies!

But I gotta check my calander, make sure nothing is going on. I'll know closer to the date. Like Early Sept.

Quote:
But no Awasomes? But, there are no squads, then, I will feel really bad if someone brings a Zelrig...
Always happy to meet new Scapers! Hopefully you can make it out! Rest assured that Kaemon Awesome will be in attendance. Zelrig, not so much .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Ah, can't come - busy that Saturday. If I were, I'd be considering the following army:

Q9
Q10
Kurrok
Air Elemental x5
Boooo! Just kidding (maybe). That is a powerful army that looks like a lot of fun .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
Put me and my dad down as a possible.....not sure what we have planned for that weekend yet.
Hope you and your dad can make it! It has been too long since we last scaped together!
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:57 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

-Vitm
I played against that combo at GenCon. My Hydras thought they were delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Matthias won the GenCon event with a double Giant combo!
I would have had him if Q9 didn't crap the bed!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:11 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

This looks like a fun format. Please put me and Sensei of Samurai down as possibles. We can give a confirmed answer closer to the date.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:47 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Always happy to meet new Scapers! Hopefully you can make it out! Rest assured that Kaemon Awesome will be in attendance. Zelrig, not so much .
The same. I live out near Lancaster, so its really "can I pull off "studying" and driving to Philly", and sell it to my rents... (I am commuting to MU.)
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:32 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
The same. I live out near Lancaster, so its really "can I pull off "studying" and driving to Philly", and sell it to my rents... (I am commuting to MU.)
Where's MU? It sounds like you're really close to PeterParkerH and SpidySox, who are planning a NHSD event on Oct 23rd in West Reading.

Tom ~

Put me down as a possible and I can also bring a map or three in necesssary. the format with heroes ONLY sounds interesting. I like the Red Cap environment - plenty of room, just a horrible parking situation. obtw: did you check with the PU Athletics Dept. to see if THEY had any events also scheduled for that day. Hopefully all the teams will have away games/meets. I especially like the idea of throwing rotten fruit at the winners. KEWL!

~ John G.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tom, Once again I can't commit due to Xanth's football games.... wait a minute... that's not me.... I guess I can be there!

Put me down as most likely. All heroes, huh? I will really have to think this one through... maybe I can bring my Roman army... nope, got squads.... maybe my Elf archer army.... nope, got squads.... maybe my rat and.... nope, got squads. Wow, this is really hard!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:58 PM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Tom ~

Put me down as a possible and I can also bring a map or three in necesssary. the format with heroes ONLY sounds interesting. I like the Red Cap environment - plenty of room, just a horrible parking situation. obtw: did you check with the PU Athletics Dept. to see if THEY had any events also scheduled for that day. Hopefully all the teams will have away games/meets. I especially like the idea of throwing rotten fruit at the winners. KEWL!

~ John G.
I really hope you can make it John. Remember though that the rotten fruit is being reserved for those who end up in a draw, not the winners. I don't like it when people throw things at me!

I admit that I haven't checked out the local events in the area. Hopefully there won't be an issue like last time. Anyone who finds out anything regarding sporting events at the local universities please post them so we can plan accordingly.
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Tom, Once again I can't commit due to Xanth's football games.... wait a minute... that's not me.... I guess I can be there!

Put me down as most likely. All heroes, huh? I will really have to think this one through... maybe I can bring my Roman army... nope, got squads.... maybe my Elf archer army.... nope, got squads.... maybe my rat and.... nope, got squads. Wow, this is really hard!
Excellent! You are on the confirmed list for now, but you can always change that as circumstances change.

I think the heroes only format should lead to some fun builds. Many of the heroes that I would normally pass on for tournament play suddenly become quite viable.
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:43 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Where's MU? It sounds like you're really close to PeterParkerH and SpidySox, who are planning a NHSD event on Oct 23rd in West Reading.
Well unless I am mistaken (and I don't believe that I am) MU is Millersville University which just so happens to be the school where I am getting my degree from as well . MU is in Lancaster county and about a 35 min. drive to where we will be hosting our NHSD event so Aqua, feel free to check out our thread for that event, you can find it here. Although we certainly hope you can make this one!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Arrgh! Gosh darn! Etc. I was afraid that it was going to be Millersville or Muhlenberg or something like that. I was hoping (slim chance, but hoping anyway) that it might be MONMOUTH University (also an "MU") which is only five minutes from MY house here in Jurzee.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:00 PM

Slight change to the start time everyone. Redcaps has just changed their Saturday hours and will now open at 11am instead of 12pm. This means I have bumped the start of set up to 11am and we should be rolling dice by 11:45. I figured this would help with the long commutes some of us will have on tournament day.

Also, I noticed that I never set the amount of start zone spaces. We will be playing with the standard 24 hex start zones. Feel free to run that Sahaugin Raider x 24 army you have always dreamed about.

Thanks guys.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events