Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 17th, 2011, 12:42 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Energy Drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
The "energy" part of most energy drinks is caffeine. Caffeine is a drug whether it is in coffee, tea, or an energy drink. In moderation, caffeine is safe for most people. Monster has 160 mg of caffeine which is the amount found 2 cups of coffee (depending on the brand and strength). Drinking one energy drink probably isn't a problem. I wouldn't start drinking several.
Actually an 8 oz serving of coffee usually has about 120-150 mg, and most coffees are 12-20 oz, so a large coffee has around 350 mg of caffeine. Tolerence to caffeine builds up pretty quickly , though, so that's not too big of a deal. [/quality participation]
Using the website http://coffeetea.about.com/library/blcaffeine.htm
it says that brewed coffee has 60 - 120 mg of caffeine and instant coffee has 70 mg of caffeine per 8 oz cup.

The important point is that most energy drinks aren't that different from drinking coffee. Caffeine in moderation hasn't been shown to be particularly harmful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_caffeine
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Assuming you are correct, Rich10, that it's ok to give kids (or whoever) in one cold beverage the amount of caffeine found in 2-3 cups of coffee all at once, what about the sugar and the chemicals?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 17th, 2011, 01:33 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Assuming you are correct, Rich10, that it's ok to give kids (or whoever) in one cold beverage the amount of caffeine found in 2-3 cups of coffee all at once, what about the sugar and the chemicals?
My kids don't drink coffee or energy drinks. In my original post, I said that caffeine is a drug. I also said that the caffeine in an energy drink is the same drug as is found in coffee. Energy drinks usually are very sweet. I don't know if they have more sugar than soda. As for other chemicals like taurine, read the label. You should know what is going into your body.
Old February 17th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok, fair enough, but readers should be mindful you are saying one energy drink is moderately similar to the caffeine of 2-3 cups of coffee, plus sugar perhaps comparable to soda, plus chemicals which may or may not be safe.

*I* wouldn't have one a day, but as you say, it's a personal choice.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Ok, fair enough, but readers should be mindful you are saying one energy drink is moderately similar to the caffeine of 2-3 cups of coffee, plus sugar perhaps comparable to soda, plus chemicals which may or may not be safe.

I don't drink them either. I think that the important thing is that people make an informed choice about what they are putting into their bodies.
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:

I don't drink them either. I think that the important thing is that people make an informed choice about what they are putting into their bodies.
Does the energy drink say anywhere on it that hey, it has 2-3 cups of coffee worth of caffeine? The biggest problem is that it's hard to be informed when they do everything they can to not inform you. Heck, not long ago at all they weren't even required to list caffeine content on the label and even now its at the very bottom under the ingredients and not in the amount per serving section.

Not worried about adults, but there does need to be a big informational push to make parents aware of how much caffeine is in those drinks and the dangers for a young kid drinking multiple ones.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebehr View Post
what whats this all about people are getting ill from drinking a chemical cocktail OMG why didn't I think of something like this happening as a possibility I mean nothing bad ever happens to people who drink pepsi or coke all day long................
Yep, nothing like being morbidly obese, having diabetes, heart disease and all that.

Me I want the original Coca Cola with the cocaine in it.
Just make sure you do the coke first...otherwise the powder will stick to the soda in the straw!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
what whats this all about people are getting ill from drinking a chemical cocktail OMG why didn't I think of something like this happening as a possibility I mean nothing bad ever happens to people who drink pepsi or coke all day long................
Yep, nothing like being morbidly obese, having diabetes, heart disease and all that.

Me I want the original Coca Cola with the cocaine in it.
Just make sure you do the coke first...otherwise the powder will stick to the soda in the straw!
Oooh...kay.
Old February 18th, 2011, 01:19 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

oh k lets look at it like this.....
people use hardcore drugs uppers and downers together to get a speedball effect....euphoria fast then stagger around dazed but still awake so they enjoy thier buzz
when you combine energy drinks with alcohol you get the same effect...albeit not as strong as a hard drug one but the same none the less...
if you drink enough of these you get as close to that buzz as possible
so someone who wanted to take your money from you but without dealing in illegal drugs said to themselves
wow if we make this and keep just the energy drink available to kids we can get them hooked on half of the drug combo at an early age then by the time they hit thier teens they will start drinking illegally and by the time they are 21 leagally and we get all thier money for so many years
then when they are older and have health problems we sell them the leagal drugs to keep them alive
its a financial win win win win win
invest money into stocks that support alcohol and energy drinks
Old February 18th, 2011, 01:21 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

ask any child why they like the energy drink and they will say it is for the rush the wide awake feeling then tell them if they did 50 jumping jacks they would have the same feeling and they will think you are the one on drugs
Old February 18th, 2011, 02:12 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
ask any child why they like the energy drink and they will say it is for the rush the wide awake feeling then tell them if they did 50 jumping jacks they would have the same feeling and they will think you are the one on drugs
Exactly what I think. Except I think with more punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
Old February 18th, 2011, 02:15 AM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

The first thing that came into mind:

YAGER BOMBS!!!
(get you real hung over the next day though...)

If you guys think RedBull is bad, try NoS.
No, actually don't, that stuff might kill ya.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General