Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Energy Drinks

Nice find on the fact sheet DS. One also should note that one 16oz can of an energy drink has 2 servings, so you have to double the amount of caffeine listed. I have seen people drink 2 to 3 cans in an hour. That's 320 to 480 mg of caffeine for Redbull, some have alot higher levels.

Bottomline, energy drinks are not good for you and children should NOT be allowed to drink them, and that is the parents' responsibility.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Everything in moderation.
Ever heard of a Cherry Bomb?

Cherry Bomb Shot recipe

1 oz cherry vodka
3 oz Red Bull® energy drink
1 splash grenadine syrup

Pour vodka and Red Bull energy drink into a small glass. Add grenadine slowly so it sinks to the bottom without mixing for a cool layered effect.

That's the stuff, right there. No moderation allowed - get wasted, make some sweet, sweet monkey love, and enjoy the short existence we have on earth.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:21 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

Energy Drinks that contain panax ginseng root extract, and guarana seed have been known to cause kidney problems with chronic over use. I spent 3 months on my back with a stint in my bladder, waiting for a procedure thanks to the kidney stones I got from drinking too much of this stuff.

I talked to my doctor about it an he did some research for me.

He recommended 5-Hour Energy.

Reasons:

Contains 1 cup of coffee in caffeine.
Massive dose of Vitamin B - I have a deficiency but if you don't you just pee out what you don't use.
Does not cause the kidney issues.
Several Doctors he knows uses 5-Hour energy to get through double shifts in emergency.

That’s my experience.

Cheers,

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:30 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I drink energy drinks occasionaly. Never more than one a day though, and I don't go near the stuff during xcountry season. I really don't like coffee, so that's what energy drinks are to me. I know they're bad for you, but so is a lot of the stuff we consume. I don't worry too much, I take pretty good care of myself otherwise; I eat well and exercise nearly everyday. Like others have said: moderation is the key.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old February 16th, 2011, 09:47 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

what whats this all about people are getting ill from drinking a chemical cocktail OMG why didn't I think of something like this happening as a possibility I mean nothing bad ever happens to people who drink pepsi or coke all day long................
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebehr View Post
what whats this all about people are getting ill from drinking a chemical cocktail OMG why didn't I think of something like this happening as a possibility I mean nothing bad ever happens to people who drink pepsi or coke all day long................
Yep, nothing like being morbidly obese, having diabetes, heart disease and all that.

Me I want the original Coca Cola with the cocaine in it.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Heh, last year for english class I wrote a series of papers based on the harmful effects of caffeine and energy drinks. I filled the papers with clever puns and Batman jokes, and passed basically because the professor liked my sense of humor.

I...I don't really know what that has to do with anything...

ANYWAY, English paper propaganda aside, I hate energy drinks. They taste gross.
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Yep, nothing like being morbidly obese, having diabetes, heart disease and all that.

I think America's collective waistline would look *much* better, if only people would drink moderate (12 oz. or less) servings of soda & other soft drinks, if they must drink any at all.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:41 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

It's amazing how many calories we drink in a day, which is a huge reason why we're so fat here in the US. I stopped drinking soda several years ago. I went from at least a 12-pack a week to barely a 12-pack a year now. Basically I have soda if I'm at a cook out.

Every since I did that the weight melted off and stayed off. I pretty much stick to water, milk, and the occasional glass of juice. Never got a taste for coffe, and I keep away from Dunkin Donuts and all the 'death in a cup' they serve.

I'm certainly not perfect, I eat far too much sugar than I should, but by just cutting out that one part of my diet things changed ten fold.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; February 17th, 2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: 3-5 times a week at the gym helps too...
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
The "energy" part of most energy drinks is caffeine. Caffeine is a drug whether it is in coffee, tea, or an energy drink. In moderation, caffeine is safe for most people. Monster has 160 mg of caffeine which is the amount found 2 cups of coffee (depending on the brand and strength). Drinking one energy drink probably isn't a problem. I wouldn't start drinking several.
Actually an 8 oz serving of coffee usually has about 120-150 mg, and most coffees are 12-20 oz, so a large coffee has around 350 mg of caffeine. Tolerence to caffeine builds up pretty quickly , though, so that's not too big of a deal. [/quality participation]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Everything in moderation.
Ever heard of a Cherry Bomb?

Pour vodka and Red Bull energy drink into a small glass. Add grenadine slowly so it sinks to the bottom without mixing for a cool layered effect.

That's the stuff, right there. No moderation allowed - get wasted, make some sweet, sweet monkey love, and enjoy the short existence we have on earth.
Mmmm, delicious...
Spoiler Alert!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:10 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

yeahhh thats the cherry bomb mmmmm good stuff lol
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:40 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

I hate energy drinks. For one, I have so much energy naturally flwoing through me I'd probably explode. For second, I don't drink sugary stuff as often as I once did.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General