Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Announcing the Heroscape Vault

Are users able to submit armies/battlefields?
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Are users able to submit armies/battlefields?
Yes! You can submit stuff for any section you see on the main menu. And maybe even more if I've forgotten any major topic.

The "Eternal Imperium" article is a sample of how an army submission should basically look--I'd like to keep them all pretty much consistent. A summary, point list, perhaps a picture, and definitely a write-up on how you would play it makes for a good entry.

I don't have any maps up yet--might get one done tomorrow--but yes, you can certainly start submitting right now--or at least once your authoring permissions are set. Generally I will be able to get that taken care of within 24 hours of registering.

Also, feel free to cross-post to the forums here if you'd like to get feedback on your submissions. The Vault serves a very different purpose from Heroscapers, and while comments would be nice in some cases, it would ultimately dilute the purpose of the Vault, not to mention the forums here.
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool, my username there is the same as here, and I've got some fairly competetive armies I would like to add.
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Cool, my username there is the same as here, and I've got some fairly competetive armies I would like to add.
And you're already an author! Congrats!

Just use the sample as a guideline. If you get them close to that, I can finish them off and publish them.
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:54 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Aubrien Archers too... common-ranged...
Old September 19th, 2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
Aubrien Archers too... common-ranged...
So they are, good catch. It's funny, they're sitting in my pile here and I didn't notice they weren't on the list. It's all better now.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:00 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Oh and Harquebus.. or is it yari? because the package they come in has them mixed up they will forever be mixed up in my memory.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
Oh and Harquebus.. or is it yari? because the package they come in has them mixed up they will forever be mixed up in my memory.
Yari means spear. A harquebus (usually "arquebus") is a gun. There are four to a pack of those though. It's a good thing because they are already underpowered in my opinion without Kato to back them up. Trying to play with just three would be brutal.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:12 PM

Forgot about the "3" after sleeping and comming back to this thread lol...
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:34 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

(It's Defenders of Kinsland, not Kingsland)

Very nice work, Kobu. Great layout.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
(It's Defenders of Kinsland, not Kingsland)

Very nice work, Kobu. Great layout.
Fixed and thank you!
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:13 AM

I am still looking for article writers and editors for the Heroscape Vault.

Why should you contribute? Here are some reasons:

1. You wrote a pretty decent article here (or on a previous site), got some good feedback and discussion, but now it's down on page 24 and you're lucky if someone happens on it through a search.

2. The Vault makes it easy to categorize and browse articles. It gets several hundred unique hits a week with the average guest viewing 84(!) pages, so your article will be read.

3. You want to spread the Heroscape love around. The more active and content-filled sites out there, the more Heroscape can be seen as a growing and vibrant game.

4. You found a typo in one of my articles and you will be filled with seething rage until it is fixed.

5. You have a way better sense of style than I do and want to gussy up the pages or put up some artwork in your own gallery.

6. You feel sorry for some schmuck laboring by himself in obscurity.

Even one or two occasionally contributing authors would help out a lot. I'll still be working away regardless, so keep checking back there for new updates.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion