Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 3rd, 2018, 10:47 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Doctor Octopus (Sinister Six)

The Book of Doctor Octopus (Sinister Six)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 31
YEAR OF THE VILLAIN

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superior Foes of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #055 / Doctor Octopus.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superior Foes of Spider-Man: Spider-Man and His Greatest Foes Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #003 / Doctor Octopus.

Character Bio - After having his plans thwarted by Spider-Man for the third time, Doctor Octopus decided that drastic measures were called for. He reached out to a number of other criminals that had been frustrated by the wall-crawler, and got responses from five: Electro, Kraven, Mysterio, Sandman, and Vulture. They banded together in order to beat Spider-Man once and for all, and Mysterio dubbed them the Sinister Six. This joint venture in villainy failed, but many more iterations of the team have assembled over the years, usually still lead by Doc Ock.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Do you lose the Sinister Six bonus once a figure you control is destroyed, since you don't have exactly 6 Heroes?
  • A: No! "In your Army" means all army cards you have drafted. The only way for a Hero to not be in your army anymore is if an opponent takes permanent control of it.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Arkham
  • Third playtest: danthem
  • Fourth playtest: MrNobody
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Scapemage
  • Doctor Octopus created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko
  • Comic art by Joe Jusko

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:58 PM. Reason: png
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Doctor Octopus (II) (Design)

NAME = DOCTOR OCTOPUS
SECRET IDENTITY = OTTO OCTAVIUS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = SINISTER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 250

SINISTER SIX
All other Unique Criminal Heroes and Unique Thief Heroes in your army are considered to have a Sinister personality instead of what is listed on their Army Cards. If all Unique Heroes in your army are Sinister, all other Unique Heroes you control add 1 to their Attack numbers, and 2 to their Move numbers if there are also exactly six Unique Heroes in your army.

MASTER PLANNER
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Doctor Octopus, you may choose up to X Sinister Unique Heroes you control, where X is the number on the Order Marker you revealed. As many of the chosen Heroes as possible must be Heroes that have not taken a turn this round, and Doctor Octopus may be one of the chosen Heroes. Take a turn with each chosen Hero, one at a time. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures you control.

TENTACLE SWAT 12
After an opponent's figure moves one or more spaces and ends its movement adjacent to Doctor Octopus, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, you may immediately place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of where it ended its movement. Figures moved with this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks or falling damage.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Ronin; August 24th, 2018 at 10:06 AM.
Symbiotic

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:
Gonna need photos here again! The mini listed in the OP would be my preference, but the one from the Web of Spider-Man Heroclix set could do in a pinch. EDIT: Mini pics linked in OP!

Definitely don't want to use the one from the Ultimates or Secret Invasion sets - that's Ultimate Ock. Or the one from Deadpool, who is a zombie.

Background:
Generic science lab? Mid-bank robbery? I dunno, I trust you art folks.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Scapemage; January 15th, 2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 10:48 AM
Symbiotic

Okay, a little earlier than usual, but I'm pretty sure this is the new timing we voted on for starting threads!
Old August 3rd, 2018, 10:49 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Looks good. Happy to see this faction getting some representation.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:00 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like him a lot - I like the original Ock, too, so cool that this one doesn't pale in comparison or anything.

Really wouldn't change anything here - he's sinister, there's six of them, it works. And I like the fact he can swat dudes away with his arms. Possibly multiple times per turn, if it's Spidey. That's fun.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:05 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I always wanted a way to build a Sinister Six army, this design looks good and clean.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:11 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I know some people have had aversions to the requirement of exactly 6 heroes, but I really like it. It forces tough army building, which is good in this case. All for it.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:45 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I had an aversion when it only worked with six...since there weren't always six members of the sinister six and it really limited army building at certain point levels...this just gives an added bonus for six, so I'm fine with it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:47 AM
Symbiotic

Yeah, I went with incentivizing six Heroes instead of requiring six, to keep that bit of theme in there without making army-building too hard. Seems like that's got everybody satisfied.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 12:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looking great to me. I partially wish the tentacle defense didn't work as well against figures with Super Strength, but I think it's better to keep it as is than add the extra text.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 3rd, 2018, 02:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I really like the bonding power (although two powers starting with the word sinister on one card seems bland) and the tentacle power is a cool different representation from the first card. On the first power I only wonder if we can't find a different boost to hand out besides rolling more attack dice. +2 attack is pretty significant, I'll have to look at the long list of criminals to see who would like it the most. Not many offense powerhouse thieves though so I worry they will just get ignored. Not sure what the bonus could be if not a straight attack bonus either as I agree it should be an offensive bonus of some sort since they assembled to defeat Spider-Man. Only things I can think of is rerolling dice or subtracting defense. Of the two I think I would favor subtracting defense as that would hurt Spider-Man more, once the d20 fails him that is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library