Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 9th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Kobolds of Idona Keep (Playtestin

It's seems like the main problem is their survivability, so even if a defense of 2 looks more thematic, bumping it to 3 could be a very good solution. It can be explained by their small size, it's harder to hit them !

I'll see again for the choosen class, I don't remember which one was chosen. And I'll correct the card if needed.

EDIT : Right, I put the wrong class... Here is the corrected card :
Spoiler Alert!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; February 9th, 2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added the right card.
Old February 9th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
While I agree with the principal of keeping things in the "B" range, I wouldn't write off a price decrease just yet
Oh definitely, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up dropping their cost eventually; all I meant was, based on that single test, I wouldn't suggest a points decrease (then again, I'd never suggest a cost tweak just based on one game regardless of the results).

Nice tests by the way, Arch; they do seem to be preforming weak but I wouldn't suggest a tweak just yet. I've got these guys up next for my playtesting schedule, so I should have some games posted soon.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old February 9th, 2014, 01:10 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
While I agree with the principal of keeping things in the "B" range, I wouldn't write off a price decrease just yet
Oh definitely, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up dropping their cost eventually; all I meant was, based on that single test, I wouldn't suggest a points decrease (then again, I'd never suggest a cost tweak just based on one game regardless of the results).

Nice tests by the way, Arch; they do seem to be preforming weak but I wouldn't suggest a tweak just yet. I've got these guys up next for my playtesting schedule, so I should have some games posted soon.
It was actually two rather similar games where the kobolds performed similarly and weakly, but it was against the same armies. Not sure if that counts for anything, just wanted to make sure you saw it.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 10th, 2014, 03:37 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice review, guys ! Keep them coming !
It is true that they are really frail. They drop like fleas. You need at least 3 squad to be able to use the full activation, but you need more in fact because you want 3 squad of them when the master has taken wounds, so some could be already dead. But taking 5 squads of them is 250points, and I'm pretty sure one can find more efficient way to spend 250points...

For now, they seem pretty weak to me. I don't have the time to play them right now (other playtests are pending), but I'll be sure to try them.
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Here's some games from me (I may try to get some more later if needed, but I have other things I need to get to).

I really enjoyed playing the Kobolds, they're a very unique unit that's offers some tough decisions, but they play very smoothly. However, they do seem very weak right now. They lost all of my games, most of them pretty badly. I do think dropping their cost to 45 (or even 40 if they continue to prove weak) would help. Alternatively, bumping up their defense would definitely help.

Also, one idea that doesn't exactly make them better but might be cool would be to replace Mob Attack with Flanking from the Tomb Skeletons (we could even think about doing Flanking 2 that subtracts 2 defense). What would be most fun about it would be that it would allow a Kobold to team-up with their Master to flank an enemy instead of relying on other Kobolds, there was a couple times I couldn't quite pull off Mob Attack because the battle was taking place around the Master and I couldn't get enough Kobolds in there, but in those scenarios Flanking would have activated.

Anyways, the games:

ARMY TEST 1
Tentative Fail, the dice were in the Phantom Knight's favor, but the Kobolds were a terrible waste of points this game.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: 3 Phantom Knights.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Warrior's Devotion: Ulfrid is the chosen Master:
1 additional activation for 3 turns.
Mob Attack: Came into affect for 1 total attack.

Map: Immolate by Dignan (Scarab of Invulnerability and Ring of Protection)(T-Glyph Trap: 1 wound)
Units: Army 1: Kobolds x4, Ulfrid, Axegrinders x1, Guilty (400) VS Army 2: Phantom Knights x4, Krug (400)
Spoiler Alert!

ARMY TEST 2
Tentative Fail, while the Zombies certainly like facing a low defense melee squad, the Kobolds should have been able to give them a good fight, especially with SotM Raelin backing them up. But as it was, they got demolished by the undead.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: 22 Zombies.
Warrior's Devotion: Raelin is the chosen Master:
4 additional activations for 3 turns.
Mob Attack: Came into affect for 17 total attacks.

Map: Immolate by Dignan (Scarab of Invulnerability and Ring of Protection)(T-Glyph Trap: 1 wound)
Units: Army 1: Kobolds x5, Raelin (SotM), Greater Ice Elemental x1 (500) VS Army 2: Zombies x6, Frost Giant x1 (500)
Spoiler Alert!

ARMY TEST 3
Fail, the Kobolds should have been able to handle the Vipers better than this. Concan and his shield preformed as well as could be expected to boost them (though Isamu could have wounded Concan a little more early on) but the Kobolds just didn't have the numbers to take on the Vipers.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: 9 Venoc Vipers.
Warrior's Devotion: Concan is the chosen Master:
2 additional activations for 4 turns.
Mob Attack: Came into affect for 0 total attacks.

Units: Army 1: Kobolds x4, Concan, Isamu, Sentinels of Jandar x1 (400) VS Army 2: Venoc Vipers x7, Venoc Warlord (400)
Spoiler Alert!

I also ran a Jotun and Kobolds x5 VS Death Chasers x5 and Pulverizer x2 game three times, but each time I called the game early because the Death Chasers were able to kill Jotun really, really early before the Kobolds even got a chance to activate. They definitely don't seem to stand a chance against any of the top melee armies.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old February 13th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Nice tests. I agree that a drop to 45 is looking more accurate.

Flanking (or Flanking 2) instead of Mob Attack would be interesting. It's easier to set up than Mob Attack, that's for sure.
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Hmm... a drop to 45 and a switch to Flanking could definitely make for an interesting combination.
Old February 13th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm pretty sure that without an increased defense to 3, they won't worth it...

I'm not for a too low cost (45 ok, not less..) because it implies that we have to draft a lot of squads to make them viable, and it can be a bad point for "C3V-users" that can't afford a lot of figures. (it discouraged me for the tomb skeletons for example).
And that's a good transition to talk about flanking. I think that's a good idea to.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 13th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Keep in mind that, for those on a budget, you can get TWO SQUADS OF UNPAINTED KOBOLDS for $3.50. At their current point cost, you could get a 400 points worth for the price of a single booster pack back in the day.
Old February 13th, 2014, 06:22 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmm, from what shown so far, I'm thinking that these guys will should never be in the army as Raelin (SotM). She costs too much, her aura is barely of any worth with the low defense Kobolds, and I see no tactical advantage of making her their master as opposed to her twin. Do we want a squad that will never use one of their possible synergy choices? (Parmenio is a pretty bad choice for the Legos, but at least he costs less than Marcus)

I'm thinking of doing some army tests with Shurrak soon.

I think a defense boost to 3 could possibly be all needed to justify their 50 points. Just a theory though.

Old February 13th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

On the contrary, a defense boost is more valuable to units with already low defense. Raelin SotM isn't drafted as often because 95% of the time Raelin RotV outclasses her.

I like the 2 defense on the Kobolds. It forces you to be on the offensive, and you know that a ton of Kobolds will die each round. You just have to make sure they kill just as much.
Old February 13th, 2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
On the contrary, a defense boost is more valuable to units with already low defense. Raelin SotM isn't drafted as often because 95% of the time Raelin RotV outclasses her.

I like the 2 defense on the Kobolds. It forces you to be on the offensive, and you know that a ton of Kobolds will die each round. You just have to make sure they kill just as much.
On the contrary, I never use the first Raelin with faster units that have meh defense. She's much too restricting. These kobolds, I've found, work a bit like the Romans. Stay defensive and swarm the enemy slowly. Especially if you are going up against range. The second Raelin is a much more offensive minded unit, she doesn't seem to work well with these guys. True, Raelin RotV outclasses her, I'm not going denie that, but I can buy a tougher and more useful master always with the 120 points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards