Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 31st, 2008, 01:47 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Favorite Documentary Films/Movies

What are your favorite documentary films/movies?
Here are some on my list:

* Who Killed The Electric Car? (Electric cars and capitalism)
* Zeitgeist (Religion, 911, evil bankers)
* Sicko (Health care in America)
* The Inconvenient Truth (Global warming)
* A number of moon landing hoax documentaries that I don't know the titles.
* Scratch (Turntablism)
* The Smartest Guys In The Room (Enron)
* Fahrenheit 911 (911)

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; September 3rd, 2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:47 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Favorite Documentary Films/Movies

Without question it would have to be "Hoop Dreams". A movie that follows the lives of two young men who are supposed to be the next great basketball star. It's a 3 hour movie, but you never know it. Amazingly sad as well.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:52 PM

Jedijoe9 is surprisingly tart

I took a documentary class last fall for school and I was exposed to some really interesting ones.

Darkon-- A documentary about LARP'ers in Baltimore. These guys are intense and this documentary explores many aspects of this unique hobby
(http://www.darkonthemovie.com/)

Dark Days-- About homeless people living in abandoned subway tunnels in NYC. Many of these people had electricity and running water. Really interesting.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Days_(documentary))

Also, Ugly-Caco, I think you mean Sicko, not Psycho, although perhaps not having health care could lead someone to that title?

Currently investing way to much time for a college student in: nerfing, heroscape, and urban exploration.

Soon moving to Greensburg, PA. 'Scape there? Let me know
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:59 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

Hmm... "Supersize Me" was pretty cool. And weird, if that's a documentary... I think it is.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:01 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

To be honest, I don't truly care much for documentaries. I will however, admit that I was blown away by March of the Penguins. Sorry, if thats kind of lame, but it's really the only one that I've enjoyed. SuperSize Me was decent.
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:10 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lank281 View Post
To be honest, I don't truly care much for documentaries. I will however, admit that I was blown away by March of the Penguins. Sorry, if thats kind of lame, but it's really the only one that I've enjoyed. SuperSize Me was decent.
To expand a bit (now remembering some more documentaries), I really hated that March of the Penguins. I suppose it was cute, but the fact that "Happy Feet", a real movie came out so soon later really took away from the theme for me. It just seemed boring to me.

This is obviously not a documentary, but "Walking with Dinosaurs" was good, interesting and I suppose it was informative. And it seemed as though it was a documentary.

The guy who made Supersize Me, also made a rather strange documentary: "Where in the world is Osama Binladen?" Yeah, I didn't see the whole thing, but it was funny in a real way. A guy goes into caves shouting Osama!?!?!

That's all I have on this subject.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:30 PM

Pariah Woo who?

Super High Me! - Funny and informative.

Who Killed the Electric Car? - Infuriates me!

Walmart: The High Cost of Low Prices - Also infuriates me.
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:33 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post
What are your favorite documentary films/movies?
Here are some on my list:

* Who Killed The Electric Car? (Electric cars and capitalism)
* Zeitgeist (Religion, 911, evil bankers)
* Psycho (Health care in America)
* The Inconvenient Truth (Global warming)
* A number of moon landing hoax documentaries that I don't know the titles.
* Scratch (Turntablism)
Unfortunately most of these are "Mocumentaries". A documentary lays out all sides of a set of circumstances. These do not.
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:36 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight View Post
Quote:
To expand a bit (now remembering some more documentaries), I really hated that March of the Penguins. I suppose it was cute, but the fact that "Happy Feet", a real movie came out so soon later really took away from the theme for me. It just seemed boring to me.

This is obviously not a documentary, but "Walking with Dinosaurs" was good, interesting and I suppose it was informative. And it seemed as though it was a documentary.

The guy who made Supersize Me, also made a rather strange documentary: "Where in the world is Osama Binladen?" Yeah, I didn't see the whole thing, but it was funny in a real way. A guy goes into caves shouting Osama!?!?!

That's all I have on this subject.
I actually hated the whole penguin uproar that occurred after March of the Penguins involving Happy Feet and Surfs Up. It became a bit ridiculous and it actually did kind of kill it for me.

That "Where in the World is Osama Binladen?" one sounds hilarious. I'd actually like to look into that one.
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:44 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
That "Where in the World is Osama Binladen?" one sounds hilarious. I'd actually like to look into that one.

It is based on the filmmakers belief that it really shouldn't be as hard as it has been to find Bin Laden and he believes out of some stroke of dumb luck he will stumble across him.
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:52 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

My favorite was "Inside the Killbox" which was on Discovery a few years back - it was a really interesting doc about Gulf War 1, (1994) and it was great. I have that bad boy on VHS!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:07 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Without question it would have to be "Hoop Dreams". A movie that follows the lives of two young men who are supposed to be the next great basketball star. It's a 3 hour movie, but you never know it. Amazingly sad as well.
In college, my friend, a sports enthusiast and Baseball player, loved to watch this over and over.

I've not seen it, but would definitely give it a go if I had a chance!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies