Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 8th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, you may not roll more than 4 dice and all excess shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
How about allowing slight bonuses but not big ones?

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE

When rolling defense against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, you may not roll more than 5 dice and all excess shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 8th, 2014, 12:00 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Once again, the engagement strike is just too far away from being anything related to Counterstrike.

Okay, I have an idea!

Fledgeling Counterstrike
After successfully defending against an adjacent, normal attack, if you rolled any excess shields, roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives an unblockable wound for every excess shield rolled.

Counterstrike, but only working half the time - this will mean that, even with Raelin, there's no guarantee of hurting attackers. Thoughts?
Not a bad idea. The d20 roll is a bit different, but the Black Wyrmling's breath is a bit different as well so I think it may be able to slide. It otherwise feels like a fledgling enough version of the power that should really curb balance concerns.

However, looking back on it, the version that had failed SoV had 3 attack and 5 defense and one of the down votes was because there weren't enough figures available. Has much testing even been done with a single wound or once per turn version of the power with lower defense and a 40 or so price range? dok may be right in that it may be no more anti-melee than a large number of other builds.

While I agree that special defense idea is cool and can open up new design space, I think there may be one too many detractors. New rules are probably not something that would make it through SoV at the very least (presuming that's the goal of this thread).
Old July 8th, 2014, 12:01 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Once again, the engagement strike is just too far away from being anything related to Counterstrike.

Okay, I have an idea!

Fledgeling Counterstrike
After successfully defending against an adjacent, normal attack, if you rolled any excess shields, roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives an unblockable wound for every excess shield rolled.

Counterstrike, but only working half the time - this will mean that, even with Raelin, there's no guarantee of hurting attackers. Thoughts?
I think I get your point. For sake of balancing him, I would pass a modified engagement strike power, call it fledgling strike maybe. It would function quite differently from CS, but it's still a defense oriented power. It could certainly still be murder against melee units, but they get murdered by a ton of stuff to begin with. At least with an engagement strike oriented power, green wyrm can't just fly into figures and force them to fight through counterstrike.

I'll have to see if I can use a version of this guy sometime with Andy. I think it would be a fun trial, regardless of who uses him. I'd really love to see this wyrm completed.

We might get a game in toward the end of the month, I'd like to try and record it, too. Is there a popular version of the card that I should try?
Old July 8th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about something like this.

Fledgling Counterstrike:
After rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if the defense dice rolled by a green wyrmling is four dice (or whatever the base defense will be), then all excess shields count as unblockable hits.

Still allows the defense to be lowered by soul weapons, mob attack, etc. and prevents counterstrike from getting the boosts. I actually like this because it feels like the wyrmling is new to its abilities and can only use them when in its base state of defense. Gaining any bonuses or suffering from negative abilities throws its natural instincts off balance. Just some more food for thought.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old July 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

"Once per turn a Green Wyrmling may use Fledgling Counterstrike. [Counterstrike]"

"[counterstrike] All excess wounds inflicted on the attacking figure are inflicted on this Green Wyrmling."

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 8th, 2014, 07:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

CS is kinda pointless (and unthematic) if you can only use it once per turn, regardless of the number of the wyrmlings. Saying "a green wyrmling" implies that you need to remember which wyrmling has used CS already and which ones have not. Now if the wyrmlings were mentally bound by a single fighting unit...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 8th, 2014, 07:47 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
"[counterstrike] All excess wounds inflicted on the attacking figure are inflicted on this Green Wyrmling."
THIS.

It sounds like an inexperienced wyrmling that accidentally killed itself by counterstriking the enemy. Now both figures are dead.

Though I feel like there must be a better way to word this.
I'll post again after giving the matter some thought.
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:14 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

A 4 defense 4 attack wyrmling with
FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If the attacking figure receives more than enough wounds to be destroyed from Fledgeling Counterstrike, the defending Green Wyrmling is also destroyed.
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:19 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The problem is, how often will they roll two more shields than the attacker? Aside from Deathreavers or Arrow Gruts. I just don't think that applies a reliable enough way to make them non-op for the SOV to accept them. (Can someone pull up a probabliblity chart which would show the probability of rolling two more shields compared to the attackers skulls?)

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:23 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Why not make it a D20 power?

*if* excess shields are rolled when defending. roll a d20 and if it is higher than 10, the attacking figure takes a wound.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; July 8th, 2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Or whatever number instead of a 10.
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:23 PM

Change the defense to 5?
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:34 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Simplicity?

To borrow from what I think is a C3G power.

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE

When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if you roll any excess shields the attacking figure takes one wound.

~Dysole, who can't remember the exact wording

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards