Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 28th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Wyrmling bonding is pretty essential to me. I think following precedent is vital here.
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:53 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just curious here, is the majority consensus that the green wyrmling have 4 move, 4 attack, 4 defense, wyrmling counterstrike that activates on a whiffed attack, flying, and wyrmling bonding. Then the personality would valiant.

which of those factors are solidly set and which ones are still being discussed?
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:15 PM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

If counter strike is based on sniffed attacks, I think that 5 move should be back on the table.

True, 4 move is the same as the KoW, and the Wyrmlings will have flying, I think they need the mobility.

The future of scape is players like us who support a community like this - with new maps, scenarios and events. Playing scape. Not buying scape...

Quick-Set-Up Map Thread The Principles of War
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the whiff idea because it will happen more often to the lower attacking range figures (big bonus). It also favors heroes with higher attacks.
I like:
5 or 4 move
1 range
4 attack
4 defense

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Wyrmling bonding is pretty essential to me. I think following precedent is vital here.
True enough guys. But more fuel for the kettle, I suppose. ^_~

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:54 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the "if attacker whiffs" wording is the one. It shifts the problem to the attacker so we don't have to worry about the inherent power of Counterstrike as much.

4 Move
4 Attack
4 Defense

I'd make everything match. That's how Charos is. Doesn't really matter, though.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:29 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think 4 Move is a must with whiff FCS, otherwise Minions won't stand a chance.
Just did the math on Minions vs whiff FCS, assuming Wyrmlings get height for 5 Defense, then, they counter and are killed in similar percents if you correctly calculate Double Strike, Minions kill about twice as often as they're Countered.

Survives against 3 Attack:
4 Defense: 58.96%
5 Defense: 67.85%
6 Defense: 75.15%
7 Defense: 80.89%

With Counter Strike happening so rarely, I wonder if people will feel that Raelin is required to run them?

4/4/4@35 sounds solid, though.
Fledgling Counter Strike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if the attacking figure rolled no skulls, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Follows the wording of Charos for the most part, covers normal and adjacent clauses.

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; November 29th, 2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Killing Minions 21.71% to 46.84% Minions Killing
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:26 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There have been a lot of good ideas kicked around in here. These are the ones that I think will lead to the best design:
Spoiler Alert!
Move 4 would make it the slowest wyrmling like Charos is the slowest dragon. Omitting Wyrmling Bonding forces players to use other wyrmlings with them to ensure maximum effectiveness. It also makes it much more difficult to incorporate GWs into 4th Mass builds. The "whiff" version of FCS is good too. It definitely carries that "fledgling" feel to Counter Strike.
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

It needs Wyrmling bonding like the rest of them.
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
There have been a lot of good ideas kicked around in here. These are the ones that I think will lead to the best design:
Spoiler Alert!
Move 4 would make it the slowest wyrmling like Charos is the slowest dragon. Omitting Wyrmling Bonding forces players to use other wyrmlings with them to ensure maximum effectiveness. It also makes it much more difficult to incorporate GWs into 4th Mass builds. The "whiff" version of FCS is good too. It definitely carries that "fledgling" feel to Counter Strike.
I like this draft- just remember than Quahon has 5 move as well, so Charos is not the slowest dragon, technically.
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:30 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Except that removing it fixes one of the major issues that the previous GW versions have had. They aren't going to work as well as a screen for the 4th if you also have to include some Red, Blue, White, or Black Wyrmlings to get them moving. I understand the urge of consistency, but in this case it makes better sense overall to drop Wyrmling Bonding from the design.
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
Quote:
Except that removing it fixes one of the major issues that the previous GW versions have had. They aren't going to work as well as a screen for the 4th if you also have to include some Red, Blue, White, or Black Wyrmlings to get them moving. I understand the urge of consistency, but in this case it makes better sense overall to drop Wyrmling Bonding from the design.
I disagree, if you drop the bonding, then you are greatly reducing the number of armies that they could be viable in. The bonding is what makes the Wyrmlings tick. Honestly, I'm not all that concerned about the 4th mass stuff, most of the time I would rather have 2x 4th mass than 4x GW.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards