Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs: AT-43 customs

I'm really liking the Red Blok Troopers, but why isn't their personality Rebellious? It just seems more fitting than Resolute, (though I could be wrong.)

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:39 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdrake View Post
Very nice job on these Customs. I dug out my LOTR TMG minis to try it - still have not tried it BUT I will as soon as I get some time. Thanks.
If you do, lemme know what you think - I got a chance to try Gimli and Legolas against a 290-point orc army the other day (Tornak, Nerak, Heavy Gruts x 2) and had a blast. Gimli went down, but he kept the orcs occupied long enough for Legolas to shower them with arrows and survive the battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
For the Med-Tecs, it kinda looks like commons pricing for a unique squad. Their average healing is lower than Kelda's and they don't have anything like her mobility or longevity (though you do have the longshot chance of healing multiple figures). If you really mean for them to be unique I think you'll find they could have their price reduced into the 40-50 range.

~Aldin, who would love to seem them as commons
Yeah, 75 points is just my first, gut estimate. I tend to shoot a little high on my first drafts - I figure it's better to create a sucky unit than inadvertantly break the game, and I was afraid a squad of healers had the potential to do so. I was particularly worried about their effect on a team with Silver Surfer, so I made their healing roll number higher than I originally envisioned. I'm also throwing around the idea of changing that mechanic entirely and linking their healing to their attack dice: in other words, they could choose to remove wounds when attacking instead of inflicting wounds. That would make it difficult for them to easily heal high-defense figures like Thanos and Silver Surfer.

As for making them commons, in my eyes a unique squad is one comprised of individuals with names, as opposed to the common nameless hordes. So (to cite my own customs as an example) Utgar may have summoned countless numbers of Mordor Orcs to Valhalla, but the only Uruk-Hai Raiders he summoned were the four individual Uruk-Hai that make up that unique squad. But part of my decision-making when it comes to making my squads common or unique also has to do with how many minis I care to/can afford to purchase. So if people have enough minis to field multiple squads of Uruk-Hai or Microcorps Med-Tecs, speak up and I'd be happy to make common versions of some of these cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
I'm really liking the Red Blok Troopers, but why isn't their personality Rebellious? It just seems more fitting than Resolute, (though I could be wrong.)
Well, I don't know much about the AT-43 world; what is the Red Blok rebelling against? I just figured that if they were space Communists, they'd be as determined and idealistic as Earth Communists, so I gave them resolute. I considered making them disciplined, but wanted to introduce a little variety into Einar's personality pool.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; September 21st, 2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know, but generally I associate revolution with rebellion. Revolution is like a shift in politics via anarchial means, and anarchy in generally everything is rebellious.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:44 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

That may be true in the beginning stages of a revolution, but once the revolutionaries become established enough to form their own armies I see them as just the new status quo.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:49 PM

tylerdrake is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I am really digging your LOTR cards - BUT I have to ask - Where is Arwen?? (I really just need an excuse to buy the Mini. . . going to Ebay now. . . just in case)

Thanks
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:39 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
As for making them commons, in my eyes a unique squad is one comprised of individuals with names, as opposed to the common nameless hordes. So (to cite my own customs as an example) Utgar may have summoned countless numbers of Mordor Orcs to Valhalla, but the only Uruk-Hai Raiders he summoned were the four individual Uruk-Hai that make up that unique squad. But part of my decision-making when it comes to making my squads common or unique also has to do with how many minis I care to/can afford to purchase. So if people have enough minis to field multiple squads of Uruk-Hai or Microcorps Med-Tecs, speak up and I'd be happy to make common versions of some of these cards.
Hmm...I bought two or three squads of Uruk-Hai Raiders and only just now realized that it's a unique squad. So I guess I'd like a common version.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:39 PM

Ask, and ye shall receive...

Yes, the cost is 75 points, only 5 more than my unique version, but that's because I'm starting to think my unique version may be overcosted at 70 points. Haven't playtested yet, but plan on doing so soon.

As for an Arwen card, I'd be happy to make one if anyone could post a photo of the fig that isn't hideous. I'm unable to find a good pic of the Arwen mini.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Ask, and ye shall receive...

Yes, the cost is 75 points, only 5 more than my unique version, but that's because I'm starting to think my unique version may be overcosted at 70 points. Haven't playtested yet, but plan on doing so soon.

As for an Arwen card, I'd be happy to make one if anyone could post a photo of the fig that isn't hideous. I'm unable to find a good pic of the Arwen mini.
Thanks! Are you still planning a Witch King card?
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You should give Gimli an ability where he can't be thrown if Legolas is within three spaces of him!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
You should give Gimli an ability where he can't be thrown if Legolas is within three spaces of him!
Hmm, now where would you get an idea like that?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Are you still planning a Witch King card?
Yes, but I'm waiting until I can take a nice photo of my Witch King mini to use for the card. I need to straighten out his bent swords, too, before I take that pic. It's coming, I promise...
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:18 PM

tylerdrake is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I did buy the Arwen Promo mini on ebay - it does not look great but maybe just pull a picture from the movie for the card . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards