Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old February 24th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
M rated games

Here's the story. I walk into a Gamestop with my father, grab Grand Theft Auto III for Xbox ($4.99 FTW), and set it down on the counter.

The guy says to my father, "This is a Mature game." My dad says, "Yes, I know."

So I pull the $10 bill out of my pocket, and give it to the guy... But he won't take the money, and says, "I can't take this from you."

So I hand the $10 over to my father, who then buys the game for me.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 24th, 2008, 02:40 AM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
I'm sure you said this too but, WTF?
He just needs to be there not buy it.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old February 24th, 2008, 02:46 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I have had this happen on two occasions. One was when i bought Fable. They made my mom pay for it. In fact they wouldn't even let me give my mom my money. I had to have her pay for it with her money. The other occasion was when I was random Captain Morgan paraphernalia. That time all I had to do was hand the money to my mom and she bought it.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old February 24th, 2008, 04:33 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
yeah crasy stuff it is because if something happened to you , and your parents said he bought the game from you.

but in real that means your parents have no idea what you buy. what bad parents to give a child that game.

it is a kind of salvation

iin germany it is the thing if someone runs amok, the police search his room, and most the find pc and video games, like cs, doom, cod, so these games are the point why they run amok(tranning killing human) funy no one ask whre he got the weapons.
Old February 24th, 2008, 06:41 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: M rated games

Thats great someone is doing there job,it makes me very happy the rating system is working.
Old February 24th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Thats great someone is doing there job,it makes me very happy the rating system is working.

The rating system is working, but this thread is about how anal the cashier was.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Nobody I know except myself ever follows that rating system. Go into school and ask how many BOYS have an M game for their Xbox 360. No parents seem to care and not even the gamestop people do, they just do what they're told.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old February 24th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
Nobody I know except myself ever follows that rating system. Go into school and ask how many BOYS have an M game for their Xbox 360. No parents seem to care and not even the gamestop people do, they just do what they're told.
The rating system is what's recommended. You're not forced/shouldn't be forced to follow it. Barring someone from being able to buy a video is censorship.

Old February 24th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
The rating system is what's recommended. You're not forced/shouldn't be forced to follow it. Barring someone from being able to buy a video is censorship.
So is not letting a teenager to an R-rated movie, but we do that, too.
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:26 AM

kboleen is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer
Here's the story. I walk into a Gamestop with my father, grab Grand Theft Auto III for Xbox ($4.99 FTW), and set it down on the counter.

The guy says to my father, "This is a Mature game." My dad says, "Yes, I know."

So I pull the $10 bill out of my pocket, and give it to the guy... But he won't take the money, and says, "I can't take this from you."

So I hand the $10 over to my father, who then buys the game for me.
Technically, he shouldn't have sold the game when you handed the money to your father; that's called a straw purchase and it's illegal also. Persoanllay I think a rating system is good. It doesn't prevent anyone from creating what they want to create, it just informs people as to the content. And this is an example where the system worked.

"Be of good courage..."
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:34 AM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
It's just a game.
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:42 AM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Well, I like the rating system personally. Now, all rating systems are flawed by nature, and they change.

Back in the day when I was a kid, I saw Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind. It was rated "R". Today, it probably wouldn't even be P-13.... most likely PG.

Also, being a teacher, I know a lot of 7th graders (and 5th graders) who have seen R movies, etc. That falls into the jurisdiction of the parents. If the parents are informed and let their kids play those games or watch those movies, that's fine. But if they're not, which I think is the case most of the time, that is defiantly not good.

As for the cashier, it's a liability thing. While obnoxious.... I understand.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games