Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 28th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Just finished a co-op game of LOTR:The Card Game with my nephew. We had planned on playing some different games too, but once we got through the first scenario, he asked if we could try "Nightmare Mode" and continue to the next scenario and see how far we'd get. "Nightmare Mode" means you don't reset your threat dials, you keep your wounds and resources, you keep your cards in play and you can't re-set your deck. So it's like you continue where you left off, though you have to change the encounter deck. Well we surprisingly got through the second scenario and figured we might as well go for the third. We got near the end of the second quest card and my nephew's thread dial got to 50 to take him out of the game. I managed to just kill the Nazgul, but my threat dial hit 50 not long after. It was close to a 4 hour session so we didn't get any more gaming in. We agreed to lay off LOTR for a while so we can get in some Thunderstone, Summoner Wars and Dominion next time. We were both pretty proud to get that far in "Nighmare Mode" as it's really a nightmare.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A win in Ticket to Ride: Europe, and a couple of very close (ie last move) loses in Pandemic.
Old May 29th, 2011, 02:05 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker

Played in a Charity Poker Tournament tonight.
21 Players, I came in 7th.
Old May 29th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Played Cave Troll with my wife the other day.
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

5 games of Lost cities - I won them all, destroyed him a few of them - this is new to me, am hoping to get the wife to try it.

3 ascension - lost one

dominion & can't stop a few times each at Board Game Arena

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old May 29th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Stratego, of all things. I encouraged the Kid to pick something & that was his choice. Turns out he was a ringer; he plays at school all the time & is unbeatable there.

Good thing I didn't let him persuade me to put money on the game...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 29th, 2011, 10:19 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Stratego, of all things. I encouraged the Kid to pick something & that was his choice. Turns out he was a ringer; he plays at school all the time & is unbeatable there.

What do you think is a good age range for Stratego? I was thinking of getting my 6 yo to try that one with me...

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:23 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Stratego is awesome!! I haven't played that in years. You made me want to dust mine off now.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old May 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:

What do you think is a good age range for Stratego? I was thinking of getting my 6 yo to try that one with me...
KidScaper, now 11, has been ready since he was 6. He was probably that old when I showed him the first tome.

But I don't think my 8 year old would have the patience for it. You know how it is. Different kids are different. But I wouldn't hesitate to show a 6 year old if I thought the interest would be there.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Learned Stone Age at
Board Game Arena, fun game will be looking to get that 1 I can tell.

Taught the wife Lost Cities - she liked it, awon 2 of 3 on me, awesome, means she will want more

Kingdoms today - I always enjoy this one, I am a numbers guy so Knizia makes good games if you ask me ( at least the ones I have tried )

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:17 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just finished a session of WFRP
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played several games of Thunderstone between yesterday and today.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games