Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 17th, 2009, 06:52 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Deepwyrm Drow Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I'm making some Pre-Release Discussion Threads so that no one needs to worry about books right now. We can keep all the excitement of finally seeing everything in these threads. The books could be created later, like when the figures actually come out and we can play with them instead of rampantly TheoryScaping. The idea is to keep the books a little cleaner, but still provide a place for figure-specific discussion until later.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:05 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Deepwyrm Drow Pre-Release Discussion Thread

The deepwyrm drow seem all right. 3/3 on a 3 person squad hasn't proven to work out real well in the past, but maybe their darkness ability will help. I think if the hide in darkness ability had let them move, it might have been more realistic. As is, they aren't really moving anywhere, they're hiding in the darkness, and the attacking figure apparently doesn't know where in the hex the drow is. Other than being able to be blown up, these guys don't seem way cool or useful to me. It might have been cool to have them have Pelloth's lurk in the shadows ability too, and set it up as an inherent drow ability.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually like these guys alot. They are at 6 move, the big brink of movement, and they can use this to quickly get to cover in the shadow spaces that they direly need. In shadow, they have 4 defense without height and a 50% to dodge all wounds. They will be quite powerful in a dungeon scenario.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:43 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They will be awesome in a dungeon scenario, and okay everywhere else. They look really cool, the poison weapons thing is awesome and we'll see it happen a lot I'm thinking (but then again this is squadscape). But they do have a great little hide in darkness ability that is decent on it's own, and abusive on shadow tiles. 3/3 with 6 movement is very respectable and although they are only 3 figures strong, I still love them.

It will make me really really doubt using Pelloth's abilities though. Against so many heroes I would rather have their chance to do multiple wounds, but we'll have to see.

I want more Drow.
I also want there to be dungeon events at tournaments
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These guys are good for squads though. I would love to blow on of these guys up in the midst of a squad of minions/sentinels. For 23.3333 points, you can kill 110 with a good roll. Seems good to me.

Old December 17th, 2009, 09:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like that the poison weapons work even on disengage attacks.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:05 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not to sure about that. Omnicron Snipers don't get to double their disengagement rolls, and the wording is "When attacking", and Krug's card would add dice for each wound... there are a few, but I don't think attacking and disengagements are the same thing.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Creamed by Corn

Read the card again GL. It does state it explicity. That is why they are so cool.

Old December 17th, 2009, 09:10 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

My bad.

I think I've read all the releases 3-4 times each and I don't remember that even once.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:12 PM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

They are good for what they do .
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Creamed by Corn

Poison some heros and then detonate to kill the slower squads behind that hero. I would bet that these guys will trash knights. Point for point, knights are better but these guys are made especially to take squads of them to the grave.

Old December 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Wow, those figures look even crappier on a Heroscape card.

Also apparently they've stopped using 'space' instead of 'spaces' when the card has a range of one, odd.

Abilities are ok though.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units