Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 10th, 2018, 11:56 PM

anagrams_are_just_grams Woo who?
Re: Orc's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Not to burst a bubble, but Lizard King Bonding is not broken by Lycanthropy. You can still Moon Frenzy with your puppet dragon however.
My bad you are correct. They bond with "Lizard kings" that are chosen at the start of the game. Good Catch.
Old August 8th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Most of my changes were supported through testing and GenCon this summer.

New changes:
Arkmer up to B+
Warriors of Ashra back down to B

Also, considering dropping Major Q10 down to B+. He's good, but taking him over Kaemon Awa is the wrong choice (barring Team Tourney and Monster Mash and other weird formats).
Old August 8th, 2018, 03:04 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post

New changes:
Arkmer up to B+

Also, considering dropping Major Q10 down to B+. He's good, but taking him over Kaemon Awa is the wrong choice (barring Team Tourney and Monster Mash and other weird formats).
I think these changes seem reasonable. Arkmer has a solid offense, boostable defense, and can be brutal against melee squads with Engagement Strike. He's the best elf to take in many cases, especially at his cost.

The Warriors of Ashra excel at what they do, but I think that as a 3-person melee squad they are still heavily susceptible to range, which is pretty common amongst the higher ranked units. They're great for their points, but not broadly useful enough to be top-tier.

I haven't played with Major Q10 much, but I think that I'd generally take the cheaper Kaemon Awa over having slightly better stats and a second Special Attack.
Old August 8th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:

New changes:
Arkmer up to B+

I think these changes seem reasonable. Arkmer has a solid offense, boostable defense, and can be brutal against melee squads with Engagement Strike. He's the best elf to take in many cases, especially at his cost.

The Warriors of Ashra excel at what they do, but I think that as a 3-person melee squad they are still heavily susceptible to range, which is pretty common amongst the higher ranked units. They're great for their points, but not broadly useful enough to be top-tier.

I haven't played with Major Q10 much, but I think that I'd generally take the cheaper Kaemon Awa over having slightly better stats and a second Special Attack.
Yeah, the WoA have been underperforming for me. 3 defense, 5 move, 3 man squad is rough. I've had some games where they all just whiff even in melee; it happens, and they just aren't quite up to B+ standards.

Q10 isn't worth the extra 30 points when he gives up Counter Strike for a 5th defense die, +1 range, +1 defense, and a situationally mediocre second special attack.
Old August 8th, 2018, 09:27 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Q10 isn't worth the extra 30 points when he gives up Counter Strike for a 5th defense die, +1 range, +1 defense, and a situationally mediocre second special attack.
I actually think that Counter Strike is overrated for its inconsistency, but Kaemon Awa generally has height when used well and can get a few good strikes off with it. At the very least, I'd agree that it's not worth trading for +1 defense and +30 points, even considering Q10's increased versatility.
Old August 9th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

One other thing I think can be said for Kaemon over Q10 is simply being single-spaced. Makes him much more manoevrable generally and less of a large target, though he does have more trouble crossing rivers.
But yeah, Q10 is the stronger figure discounting points. 120 is a lot easier to find room for than 150, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 9th, 2018, 02:12 PM

I knew that I should've taken Hatamoto Taro instead of Zelrig. It was a rookie mistake.
Old September 10th, 2018, 06:22 AM

GIBraag is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi guys, returning casual player here.

Why is Hatamoto Taro considered an A+ hero nowadays?
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:08 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIBraag View Post

Matthias won this year's GenCon main event "with" Hatamoto Taro. HT was actually just used to fill the last 130 points, but was never played, because the army was 1 figure over the limit and HT just cheered from the sidelines. His A+ rating is either strict adherence to an "anything that wins GenCon must be A+" policy, or tongue-in-cheek.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:32 AM

GIBraag is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:

Matthias won this year's GenCon main event "with" Hatamoto Taro. HT was actually just used to fill the last 130 points, but was never played, because the army was 1 figure over the limit and HT just cheered from the sidelines. His A+ rating is either strict adherence to an "anything that wins GenCon must be A+" policy, or tongue-in-cheek.
Thanks - I had an inkling it was an in-joke.
Old September 10th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:

Thanks - I had an inkling it was an in-joke.
FWIW, the only person to drop Hatamato in 9 games was dok in the semis. Everyone else dropped a dwarf or Marcu, with @WOOKIE even putting an OM on him in their T16 match.

Edit: also, definitely not everything that wins is an A+. Consistency, matchups, and efficiency are how I rank units.
Old September 12th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Phantoms having Stealth Flying makes it much easy to get extended value out of Concan's attack and defense boost

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion